Search results

1. the_muffin_man

Keeping on Flat Pedals

Well thanks for all that info. I'll be sure to consider getting some Five Tens. By the way, I'm riding a 100mm hardtail on some enduro stuff pretty fast I reckon (that's only my opinion though :twitch: ). Any other advice other than buying stuff to help? I want to improve without dishing out...
  2. the_muffin_man

Keeping on Flat Pedals

G'day guys, Since starting to ride with flat pedals, I've found that on rough sections, at speed, my feet keep slipping off them, which is a contributor to most stacks I have. Any way to stop this? Cheers, the_muffin_man
  3. the_muffin_man

DH Racing

G'day guys, I'm starting to get into DH racing. Do you guys have any tips to train for a race? And are there any good tracks in the Sydney region, as far as around Del Rio, to practise and improve my riding on, not FR style? What tracks do WSMTB club use to race btw? \ Any response would...
  4. the_muffin_man

Queentown or Thredbo??

Haha you're funny. Sounds like Queenstown's the more popular option according to everyone.
  5. the_muffin_man

Queentown or Thredbo??

Hey guys, Planning my summer holiday, pretty early I know, to spend in either Thredbo or Queenstown. Which venue would you guys recommend for DH? I haven't been to either. Thanks, the_muffin_man
  6. the_muffin_man

Hardtail Choice?

The Orange Crush S or Kona Honzo are both really good trail hardtails.
  7. the_muffin_man

DH trails

I haven't ridden there before and am wondering if there are any fire roads or trails to get to the top which are easy to navigate. Thanks, the_muffin_man
  8. the_muffin_man

DH trails

Hey guys, Just got into DH and wondering where some good DH tracks are near Sydney? I know about Knapsack and Ourimbah but not sure how to get back to the top. Feel free to PM if you don't want the trails to be spread (hush hush). :fear: Thanks, the_muffin_man
  9. the_muffin_man

Knapsack Trails

Hey guys, I'm planning on riding Knapsack soon and am wondering if riding multiple loops of the DH track is possible? Is there a fire trail linking road or XC trail, etc to get you back to the beginning? And is the XC trail a loop? (BTW: I'm fine riding up a fire trail and down again on a...
  10. the_muffin_man

Denistone trail questions

G'day guys, Anyone ride the DH track down at Denistone? Not going to disclose the location :spy: but I'm happy to help maintaining it if anyone still does. Since I've only ridden it a few times, I've found there are two exits, one to the park with the big hill and one to a dead end. Anyone...