2007 Australian Worlds Team

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
But only one Chix. The question remains why isn't Foxy going?
rather disinheartening isn't it. Was hopeing to make it there myself next series.....obviously that isnt going to happen.

Has Ca or any other OFFICIAL shed any light on anything yet?

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
Pull your head in.Anyone can see Luke Madill would quickly cut his teeth and be a contender at a Worlds in 4x and is an exceptionto the rule.

We do not want moto fill
No argument - so stop being a drip - we all know madill is quick and deserves his spot (the guy is flaming quick), but if we are arguing the point about the selection process and whether it is following the criteria then it could be argued that he got a spot for the same reasons foxy should have

barnesy

Likes Dirt
Firtsly llyod wouldnt touch graves... however alex possibly should have made the team because he rode well in the aussie series.
(rode well) YOU MEAN HE GOT 2ND IN THE NATIONAL TITLES, 2ND THE LAST TWO YEARS IN THE NATIONAL SERIES AND 1ST IN THE ONLY AUSSIE UCI (thredbo). AND WE WON'T KNOW HOW HE WOULD GO BECAUSE THE SELECTORS HAVE F**K ALL KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE AUSSIE MTNX SCENE.

I'm not sure who barnesy is but the courses overseas are a fair bit more technical and having a good gate start does not get you in the team.Most of the picked riders have performed competitivley on the international arena.

I'LL BLOW OUR OWN TRUMPET (-something WE don't do).. STEVE HUMPHRIES, GEOFF CARTWRIGHT (DIRTZ TRAXN & TRAILZ) AND I ARE WHY THERE ARE 3 X MTNX TRACKS IN SYDNEY, 1 x IN GOULBURN, AND SOON TO BE ANOTHER THREE TRACKS! THESE TRACKS ARE BUILT BY US FOR S.F.A. BECAUSE WE ARE ACTUALLY INTO THE AUSSIE MTNX SCENE. THE TRACKS ARE BUILT ACCORDING TO WHERE THEY ARE LOCATED (PUBLIC TRACK - TAME, PRIVATE TRACK - SCARIER AND MORE TECHNICAL). I'M GUESSING YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN OR RIDDDEN EBENEZER OR THE PYLET TRACK SO YOU WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TECHNICAL THEY ARE.

IF YOU KNEW ANYTHNG ABOUT LLOYDY'S RIDING YOU WOULD KNOW THAT THE MORE TECHNICAL, BIGGER AND SCARIER YOU MAKE THE TRACK, THE MORE IT WILL SUIT HIM. YOU COULD DROP THIS GUY IN 'SLOPESTYLE' TOMORROW..PLUS HE RACES. SO THE 'MORE TECHNICAL' ARGUMENT IS ALSO CRAP.

AS FOR THE WHOLE, 'INTERNATIONAL ARENA' CRAP, DOES IT MATTER THAT THEY THEN COME BACK TO AUSTRALIA AND GET BEATEN... ON THE 2009 WORLDS TRACK NO LESS!

WHAT REALLY SHITS ME IS THAT NO MATTER HOW MUCH I TRY TO PROMOTE MTNX TO NEW RIDERS, TALENTED ONES AT THAT. UNINFORMED PEOPLE CONTINUE TO TEAR DOWN WHATEVER GOOD WORK WE DO. WHEN A YOUNG GUY JUMPS THREW ALL THE HOOPS THAT HE IS TOLD TO JUMP THREW, SAVES HIS OWN WAY TO GET THERE AND TRAINS LIKE A BASTARD BECAUSE HE BELIEVES HE HAS DONE EVERYTHING. THEN GETS OVERLOOKED BECAUSE OF A BOYS CLUB!!!

WHY AM I STAYING UP TIL 2AM IN THE MORNINGS DOING PROPOSALS, DESIGNS, RISK ASSESSMENTS, D.A. C.A.D. DRAWINGS, FOR THE POWERS THAT BE TO BELITTLE THE AUSSIE MTB SCENE AS NOT WORTHY? REMEMBER THIS IS THE SAME MTB SCENE THAT HAS PRODUCED ALL OF YOUR DH CREAM. HOW ABOUT YOU PAY ATTENTION TO THE AUSSIE MTNX SCENE ALSO. YOU WILL FIND MORE CREAM!

I HAVE THE SHITS! AND AM YET TO SEE ONE LEGITIMATE REASON WHY LLOYDY WAS NOT SELECTED. WHATSMORE NOT ONLY WOULD HE HAVE HAD TO PAY HIS OWN WAY TO THE WORLDS, HE HAS TO FORK OUT A SHITLOAD OF MONEY IF HE WANTS TO APPEAL THE WHOLE PROCESS. YOU RECKON "IT'S NOT ABOUT MONEY", THAT'S BECAUSE YOUR NOT AN APPRENTICE PLUMBER TRYING TO GAIN SELECTION AND MAKE YOUR OWN WAY TO THE WORLDS, IN A BULLSHIT SYSTEM.

ONCE AGAIN MY RESPECT TO ALL OF THE RIDERS, IT IS THE SYSTEM AND SELECTORS I HAVE THE SHITS WITH.

P.S. instead of sending maybe 2 x riders that have a chance of a MTNX finals berth, how about you actually do your job, do your homework and send an entire team! You did it with DH but I suppose you didn't actually have to do any work there did you?

the F.H.B

Likes Dirt
Little mr ronning, Why are you asking anyone to pull their heads in? All I have read hear are considered, well reasoned arguements why the selection process has let our domestic riders down. I dont know who you are and weather your trying to play devils advocate or not but at the moment your coming more like devils arse, so take some of your own advice and ...

On the otherhand, some of your points have been quite well made but you ruin it with Stupid comments like calling the National series half assed, so a guy called Filip Polc traveled half way round the world to race in a certain "half assed" series and is having his best ever season... hmmmm...

As for earning your stripes overseas, why? If someone is a good enough racer they should be picked on merit, Weather it be Foxy, Lloyd, Buchannon, Madill, Whoever. At the end of the day if the sport becomes to eliteist it will decline. Most people cant afford to spend thousands on a bike then thousands racing the National series then thousands more racing overseas. And because they cant, the logical thing to do now will be to miss the National series and save your pennys for overseas.

What this means is that the skill level at the national series will drop, young riders coming through will have less to measure themselves against, therefore they will not improve as fast, therefore Aussie will be further from the top of the podium, sounds promiseing aye?

Roxy has already mentioned in this thread how it's disinheartening for her knowing that whatever effort she puts into the next series could now be for nothing, it doesn't take many girls to decide the samething and dowm, down, down goes participation...

ronning

Likes Bikes
ok guys I can see your argument.

Just check all your statements before shooting your mouth off. Do you really know what your talking about??

I'm quite sure the team wasnt picked at the pub. There is a criteria which is followed. It is not decided on an internet forum.

There are people who unfortunately miss out and should be in.
However no one can dispute the past results of the chosen riders.

I'd love to mentioned those riders prove me wrong but there results do not warrant selection. No matter how sic they ride the ebenzer track.

many of the australian events are run well but ask any of our top riders as to were it sits those races sit on the list of there priorities ????

Why did polc to come around the world??Don't know probably to get some good off season training

BOBCATZZ

Banned
I feel sorry for rox and lloyd as they put there time and effort into training only to be shatered dreams oh whell theres two that could give a f@ck about next year.Half assed series i suppose it could be called that now .Seems it was used like a wigiegrub benefit a few and suck what protien is there then toss the rest .Also with a house full of bmxers if somone drops out then sharples can replace them with somone who never rides MTB wich i no as fact is on the cards .
Any ways to all those chosen good luck.
PS ronning your a dead set assclown

the F.H.B

Likes Dirt
Good answer ronning, nice to see you are reading our points of view.
I understand well and truely where your coming from, im just strugging to make sense of some of the choices.
Jared of course is a shoe in, but im wondering if there has been prior dscussion with riders nominated to do both events as to their willingness to compete in both on such a big weekend. Quite often at WC's we see several DHer's on the start list for the 4x but I can remember numerous times where they have pulled out prior to the Actual racing because they felt good for the DH and didn't want to drain their energy.
I am concerned that if they do that at the Worlds they are depriveing another rider the oppertunity to shine.

On another note, does anyone have any updates on Bryn's wrist? do they expect him to be right to race?

Last edited:

BOBCATZZ

Banned
On snother note, does anyone have any updates on Bryn's wrist? do they expect him to be right to race?[/QUOTE]AS I SAY A BMXER WHO NEVER RIDES MTB MAYBE WITH THE ENITIALS -- trust a ni@GER stay tuned it aint over yet i'll give you the drum

Last edited:

Ryan

Radministrator
It seems a pretty simple formula to me; if you want worlds selection, get out there and prove you can mix it up at the international level. Yes, Lloyd did pretty well at the last World's but that's his only real international experience.

Obviously not a lot of credence is given to Oceania's as it's just us and a bunch of kiwi's who show up to get smoked ;) Obviously not a lot of value is put in the National series because there are very few Aussie pros who take it seriously, as it's their off season.

Every Aussie on the team has proven over the years that they have what it takes to perform on the world stage. Lloyd, as yet, has not. Every Aussie on the team has risked a huge amount of their own money and given up a huge amount of their own time to get overseas, race and get noticed in the first place. Lloyd, as yet, has not. It's pretty obvious how the formula here works; race overseas and do well = get selected. Race in Australia and do well = not get selected.

Note that all of the Aussies with their "big dollar" :)rolleyes: Ha! Big money in MTB? Don't know which sport you're following) sponsors only have those sponsors because they took the risk in the first place and got themselves overseas to race. If Lloyd does that there's no doubt in my mind that he'll be in the same position in a few years time but ultimately, he has to make the first move and do something about it. No one is going to come banging down his door and shoving contracts under his nose just because he wins a few national rounds, the scene here is littered with riders with bucketloads of talent who never make the next level because they never venture beyond our shores.

Also, seriously, BOBCATZZ, post in English dude. If you can speak it you can write it.

ronning

Likes Bikes
Exactly what you said Ryan..that was exactly the message I was trying to get across.

Bobcatzz thankyou for your compliment

BOBCATZZ

Banned
Also, seriously, BOBCATZZ, post in English dude. If you can speak it you can write it.[/QUOTE]

SORRY SIR I WILZ GO TO SPECIAL CLAZZ FOR ENGLISH
WHO GIVES A RATZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Ryan

Radministrator
I give a rats. You can like it, or you can fuck off. I don't care either way.

It's just a shame because you do make some good points, but you have to wade through sentences that look like they were written by a 5 year old to find them.

Last edited:

BOBCATZZ

Banned
Well dont read it dick
LLoyd was never going to get in i knew months ago if Bryn rides hes a legand but i know who the reserve is.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
Also, seriously, BOBCATZZ, post in English dude. If you can speak it you can write it

SORRY SIR I WILZ GO TO SPECIAL CLAZZ FOR ENGLISH
WHO GIVES A RATZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
This isn't the first time you've been pulled up for spelling. It takes no more effort to spell properly, and it makes people read and understand what you're saying.

Anyway, IMO you should be racing on a global stage before you are even looked at for selection. Doing well inside Australia is all good and proper, but to be recognised you should be racing outside Australia. There are few, if any, riders who have been a pro from day one, meaning at some stage they have paid their way to race o/s prior to selection.

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
Although I don't agree with all of your points Ryan (there are some guys on the team making some very nice coin... not MX nice, but nice enough not to be begging for food), you have put it pretty much as it is. I am not a fan of the selection criteria, as it is certainly not how it is applied in other countries, so why here with such a strong local race scene (and I do not mean in terms of numbers I mean in terms of actual quality). I do hope Lloydy gets his chance to race overseas next year, as I believe he will do well and will make the 2008 Team.