2009/2010 Vic DH Series DATES AND VENUES!!

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Is there any chance of a 4X series in VIC? Even better, one that's tied to the DH series?
No, as there is only 1 DH track that has a resemblance to a 4x track with it.

However, I hear rumors of a wicked Dual Slalom track rising out of the ashes!:D

Staunch

Eats Squid
No, as there is only 1 DH track that has a resemblance to a 4x track with it.

However, I hear rumors of a wicked Dual Slalom track rising out of the ashes!:D
The Mt. Beauty one?
That's mad fun to ride, I really hope they fix it up, I would love to try and race it....(and fail ;))

dhr_matt

Likes Dirt
Looks really well organised guys and the website is up to date and looking great, I might be down that way and participate in the Mt Beauty race in Feb. Is that possible? I am a NSW resident! Thanks.

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Mt. Beauty one?
That's mad fun to ride, I really hope they fix it up, I would love to try and race it....(and fail ;))
I'm pretty dire I saw what looked
like the remains if an unused dual slalom at beauty in June when I was there.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks really well organised guys and the website is up to date and looking great, I might be down that way and participate in the Mt Beauty race in Feb. Is that possible? I am a NSW resident! Thanks.
Absolutely. Never stopped me !

I'm pretty dire I saw what looked
like the remains if an unused dual slalom at beauty in June when I was there.
The remains of the current 4X track at Beauty never saw a 4X race as far as I know. It has been used as the final part of the DH track at the last few nationals , back as far as 2002 , although that was a different 4X track , same location. The BMX track at Beauty served as the venue for 4X anytime it was featured at their nationals.

There used to be a dual compressor track on the same hillside , last raced in 99 I think.

jakey_trickster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would have been nice to have raced Yac this weekend, it's raining and cool, much better weather.
Can't wait to race Beauty, I'm a little un sure of what the SC is though, it's not the National track, or Big Hill, is it the track that starts ontop of little hill (where National starts) and instead of joining up to Big Hill you take a left through this little opening in some trees? And then you join back up to big hill for the very bottom?

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would have been nice to have raced Yac this weekend, it's raining and cool, much better weather.
Can't wait to race Beauty, I'm a little un sure of what the SC is though, it's not the National track, or Big Hill, is it the track that starts ontop of little hill (where National starts) and instead of joining up to Big Hill you take a left through this little opening in some trees? And then you join back up to big hill for the very bottom?
Yep that's the one , its signposted as DH2. Nationals track from 2000.

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
So there's no massive chute at the bottom then?:)
No the big chute (that was in the last national race) has a big tree fallen in it think this is the death of the chute.

The track for the next race joins into the bottom of the big hill track.

Mr King

Likes Dirt
Hey crew, stop refering to the Victorian Downhill Mountain Bike Series (VDHS) as VSS (Victorian State Series). We all know that Victoria is a state, and we don't want the VDHS confused with the VSS (Victorian XC State Series). I don't mistakingly want to look at photos of guys riding xc bikes in tight lycra... insert image of me twisting up my face right here...

Also... Finally got around to filming a helmet cam run of Mt Taylor in Gippsland. It's not the best, but you will get the idea of the track. The run was done without hitting all of the A-lines (mostly the big jumps and gaps), so you will have to come check them out. Go to www.vicdhseries.com to check out the video. Its under the Mt Taylor tab (race information is still incomplete - as we are still organising all of the details).

The track is around 5 minutes in length so it will punish unfit riders.

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also... Finally got around to filming a helmet cam run of Mt Taylor in Gippsland. It's not the best, but you will get the idea of the track. The run was done without hitting all of the A-lines (mostly the big jumps and gaps), so you will have to come check them out. Go to www.vicdhseries.com to check out the video. Its under the Mt Taylor tab (race information is still incomplete - as we are still organising all of the details).

The track is around 5 minutes in length so it will punish unfit riders.
Thanks for the vid - and yes, the track does look tight. Info on this track is a little hard to come by. Two questions:
1. Is it open?
2. Can it be shuttled?

Mr King

Likes Dirt
1. We will be doing a track clean up day soon... come help out, we will be opening it up a bit wider (its had heaps of rain and the scrub has gone nuts...)
2. It is open all year round
3. You can shuttle it with a sedan (may bottom out though with a full load over the water bars... I can get my falcon up it)
4. Some jumps need to more dirt on them and a little more bedding in

But it is rideable from top to bottom - no problem

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
1. We will be doing a track clean up day soon... come help out, we will be opening it up a bit wider (its had heaps of rain and the scrub has gone nuts...)
2. It is open all year round
3. You can shuttle it with a sedan (may bottom out though with a full load over the water bars... I can get my falcon up it)
4. Some jumps need to more dirt on them and a little more bedding in

But it is rideable from top to bottom - no problem
Ripper! Thanks for the info and keep me posted re clean up day. :cool: