2010 Angry Doctor

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
I am going to use all my Tim Bailey weatherman knowledge here and say it isn't going to be too bad. The amount of rain predicted really isn't that much and with the higher temperatures it should dry out nicely.

Good news for the 50km riders, the 100km people will buff the trails and cut a smooth line to follow on the firetrails. Just watch out for the mud under the bridge that goes underneath the highway.'

Should be a good weekend!

Rookie

Likes Dirt
Got a tip from a yocal that it shouldn't be anywhere near as bad as CP as it doesn't hold the water like it does in Canberra.

Fingers crossed

abevern

Likes Dirt
Ok, I'm convinced.

I was going to prep my single speed with some wet weather tyres, but the idea of fighting with another set of ghetto-tubeless has convinced me to ride the susser. So instead, I'll just re-fit my trashed linkages from CP, some disposable pads from T7 and enjoy what mud there is (on my skatey, dry-weather tyres) ;)
Bring it on weather!

psycalist

Squid
Local knowledge :)

Well everyone, I'm a local and not a drop of rain today :) Bit of a light sprinkle tonight but not enough to even make a puddle...

I heading out early in the morning to train on the first 25k, so I'll post tomorrow night and let everyone know of the track conditions.....

Rookie

Likes Dirt
well everyone, i'm a local and not a drop of rain today :) bit of a light sprinkle tonight but not enough to even make a puddle...

I heading out early in the morning to train on the first 25k, so i'll post tomorrow night and let everyone know of the track conditions.....
noice :d :d

psycalist

Squid
Well everyone, I'm a local and not a drop of rain today :) Bit of a light sprinkle tonight but not enough to even make a puddle...

I heading out early in the morning to train on the first 25k, so I'll post tomorrow night and let everyone know of the track conditions.....
Sorry to break it to everyone, but I didn't get out this morning as it was raining!! Not heavy, but just enough to be annoying. It stopped for the day about 9am, than started again about 4pm (just light)

I can say that it hasn't been heavy enough to affect the course (so far) :cool:

Steve_N

Likes Dirt
Sorry to break it to everyone, but I didn't get out this morning as it was raining!! Not heavy, but just enough to be annoying. It stopped for the day about 9am, than started again about 4pm (just light)

I can say that it hasn't been heavy enough to affect the course (so far) :cool:
Well forecast is now saying windy with a 40% chance of rain (<1mm)

Sounds good so far... better than late thunder!

psycalist

Squid
Friday morning conditions

Well it's 7am, and I've just woken up to dry, sunny condition in Batemans Bay :)

Given the little amount of rain y'day, I can say the trails (at this point) would be perfect, and very fast!!

Lets hope it stays like this :cool:

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ah for the days when three of us lined up for the first Dirt Works 100 Classic with everyone telling us it couldn't be done...
Perhaps they said it shouldn't be done!

On another note, there are so many entries for sale at the last minute. Same as last year. Some cheap too. Next year I might wait for an entry...

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well it's 7am, and I've just woken up to dry, sunny condition in Batemans Bay :)

Given the little amount of rain y'day, I can say the trails (at this point) would be perfect, and very fast!!

Lets hope it stays like this :cool:
still looking good from the radar! although tomorrow is still expected to provide some more dust reduction....

game plan

first 100km race on Sunday and apart from having a wheelchair ready at the finish do you guys have any tips - warnings -advice - words of wisdom - for this race?

Cheers
B

abevern

Likes Dirt
first 100km race on Sunday and apart from having a wheelchair ready at the finish do you guys have any tips - warnings -advice - words of wisdom - for this race?
  • Save yourself for the "Snake Track" after the 80km mark. You'll kick yourself if you don't.
  • Don't change your eating/drinking strategy for the ride.

JD26

Likes Dirt
Ensure that you have a nutrition strategy.

Jot down a few thoughts on your actual pacing strategy.

Push one easier gear than normal in the first 25-50km.

Don't go too deep in the first 5 minutes (ie the first climb before the singletrack)

Enjoy the day with over 1000 like minded people!

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
don't try to change anything over your training except maybe go down a gear to start as suggested. Otherwise, food, pace, mindset etc just keep the same.

and ride your own race, lots of people fly off from the start and won't keep it up. and if they can, they may be faster than you (and I) overall, so what's the point in trying?

Enjoy it. this is my 2nd 100km, and I am psyched!