2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't quite understand the internet thing... is there a race on that weekend you all want to follow? Isn't going on a mountain biking weekend holiday a chance to get away from all... this?

- Joel
But how will our pit crews twitter, facebook, and rotorburn, updates of how we are doing to the entire world without the internet - do you want to deny the world this twitter update: "Hello Twitees, Craig Gordon just arrived arm in sling - then he took two cement pills, scratched his three balls and the arms was healled - he jumped on his bike and rode to the start line!"

And that is why people need internet at the race :p (but seriously, I'll be on a bike - what do I care???)

On another note, 4 more sleeps till Solo Worlds (also 4 more sleeps to my birthday, but only because I'll lose a nights sleep on my bike :D)

DaGonz

Eats Squid
I don't quite understand the internet thing... is there a race on that weekend you all want to follow? Isn't going on a mountain biking weekend holiday a chance to get away from all... this?

- Joel
In lieu of Internet Access, are you bringing any of those Jelly Donuts you had at the C2C??

Cheers
Spoonie

Blingerific

Likes Dirt
Solo lap start

All, there has been a slight start to the solo lap. Instead of going around the outside of the crit track and into Dirty Critter you now go out of the pits, under the DH bridge and turn left at Fenceline (this currently has a red arrow), at the bottom of Fenceline you then have a right + left onto the bike path (sealed bit) down over the creek and then right onto the dirt road and into Holden's Creek proper.

This will be fully bunted come Friday (when we own the venue) but for now please be aware.

Thought you aren't going to detsroy the fabric of time if you continue to use Dirty Critter for the next few days practice :)

Cheers!
Mullet

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
In lieu of Internet Access, are you bringing any of those Jelly Donuts you had at the C2C??

Cheers
Spoonie
only if they're at "best before yesterday" prices again!

Pikelets with nutella and banana will be on the menu for the SS crew, possibly potato soup, paddle pops, anything that gets caught in a beard for later ingestion during that long fireroad over the back.

Anyone feel a little woozy during c2c...? Also, loved your article in mba, you whore.

- Joel

stevo78

Likes Dirt
Is the course marked out in anyway? Coming over from radelaide and was going to ride stromlo today having been there only once I'm not sure if I could find the correct way around! Or is anyone wanting to be a tour guide for a slow lap this arvo?

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt
All, there has been a slight start to the solo lap. Instead of going around the outside of the crit track and into Dirty Critter you now go out of the pits, under the DH bridge and turn left at Fenceline (this currently has a red arrow), at the bottom of Fenceline you then have a right + left onto the bike path (sealed bit) down over the creek and then right onto the dirt road and into Holden's Creek proper.

This will be fully bunted come Friday (when we own the venue) but for now please be aware.

Thought you aren't going to detsroy the fabric of time if you continue to use Dirty Critter for the next few days practice :)

Cheers!
Mullet
So you're telling us you are putting 410 riders immediately into single track from the gun? That will be the biggest bottle neck in history won't it?

Surely the first lap will have a long fire road section at the start to break up the field?

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
I can't see that being a problem after you've done a lap of the running track carrying your front wheel.

.stu.

Likes Dirt
So you're telling us you are putting 410 riders immediately into single track from the gun? That will be the biggest bottle neck in history won't it?

Surely the first lap will have a long fire road section at the start to break up the field?
I read it he's talking about the start of each lap, except for the first lap, although I read it three times to work that out. I don't know if the details of the start have been released yet.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
I will need the internets to search for youtube videos of things like "how to remove siezed-in bottom bracket" during the race, if I need to install the chainguide that my LBS is apparently too busy to. :p

Last edited:

Raf

Likes Dirt
Following the fantastic feedback from Saturday's racelines session with Jason English, he's offered to run another session on the World 24hr Solo Course at Mt Stromlo this Thursday.

For anyone competing in this weekend's World 24hr Solo MTB Championships, this is a fantastic opportunity to get some time sessioning the course with Jason. He'll take you through the course and show you how he rides it, give tips and advice on the faster lines where speed and time can be increased.

Given that the majority of the group on Saturday's session were locals who ride Stromlo often, and the feedback from them was that he pointed out quicker lines they'd not even seen before, it's well worth the money to check it out.

Date: Thursday 7 October 2010

Session Time:

2pm to 5pm

Venue: Mt Stromlo MTB Park

Get in quickly because numbers are strictly limited!

Book now
Giddy up! See you there.

bear the bear

Is a real bear

Isn't that why there is a 2k run at the start... ;)

There is no 2k run....but we will see how many people I scare with this :p

Riderdown

Likes Bikes
Two rider briefings?

I just noticed that there has been a change to the rider briefing. It now seems that it will be held at Crown Plaza as advertised as well as Canberra Stadium both 1400 Friday? Maybe I read it wrong.

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Regarding bike demos - back when I was shopping for a bike, I was told by the salespeeps that these bike would be there for test ride or at least an ogle:
Specialized, Pivot, Stevens, Tomac
That's all I can remember. No promised, just what I was told ;)

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
I will need the internets to search for youtube videos of things like "how to remove siezed-in bottom bracket" during the race, if I need to install the chainguide that my LBS is apparently too busy to. :p
burn - you didn't offer beer though. Maybe come in with Dreggsy.

Dreggsy, sure we can, bring it in. Along with the beer :) I didn't say whores were bad.

- Joel