2011/12 VIC DH Series - Official Thread

Whitie

Likes Dirt
This event was the premiere for a new, wireless timing system. The system runs on the 3G network. On the phone, full bars of service at the trailhead, full bars at the finish line. For some reason the service was intermittent on the day, not that this was a problem at all as the back up system is faultless. This is the reason, however, for the time display not being operational during the race runs. There was every good intention for that feature to be provided and will be next time, for sure!

Phone/Internet service has not been good up this area for about a month, think they've been "playing" with something new - had people saying one week, it took seven tries to complete a call and our Net connection is shocking at the moment.

Great weekend - loved sitting at the Chute with all riders adding some fun with their cheering after they made their way up.

Perfect weather. :biggrin:

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, that was one thing that I had meant to mention as well.

The bloke in the coffee van and the guy with the ice cream were both really friendly and had good food!

Pay them to come to all the races?
all the people that served and helped me out were really friendly. It was over all a great environment :)
(and yeah pay those guys to come to races.... And make sure he brings lots of ice cream, so the red bull ice cream doesnt run out in an hour or so :p)

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks to all the People from all the Clubs in particular Team Mt Beauty, as well as the volunteers from the Ski Clubs as well.

Transport was Really Efficient and one can only wonder what the state of the coaches would be if it was muddy.
The food provided from a range of different people was good and would love to see that at other races.
Spectators where great and good to see people are starting to get back into yelling and making noise(Riders where complaining about horns at Maldon this year)

And about the timing, One thing that worked really well at King of Ballarat was having a Computer Monitor Set up Showing the results, although I am not sure how whether this could be implemented into your system.

And with the 3g timing system, how would that work with latency? And does it ever suffer network drop outs?

Once again thanks for an awesome event!

Sam 123

Squid
Huge thankyou to the marshals, the medics, the bus drivers and everyone else in transport, the timing officials the caravan park owners, the track builders and everyone else involved with making the weekend a great sucess. As always it was well organised and great to be a part of. For those who got hurt, i wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see everyone at the next round

big geoff

Likes Dirt
Another super rock and roll adventure party fun times weekend. Congrats to Scotty and Nemo and Clints Zerode boys. Drink like a cat and stay rad!

janni

Squid
The best weekend in a long time well done team mt beauty and all who were involved,
Go maxxie and well done to all who road was so much fun

Ruys

Likes Dirt
Okay the only improvement I can think of is to put the results online sooner. I'm sure me and Stacka aren't the only ones that had to leave before presentations due to the epic drive home and it would be really nice if I could sleep tonight without wondering how I went. Surely it's a simple ctrl c, ctrl v job from what was printed out for presentations?

Yes, I agree.

Remember though, the volunteers that do the timing also had an epic drive home.
I'm sure they had an epic day at work today too.
After an epic weekend of giving up their time to do a job for no money and no thanks.

Be patient guys, they'll come!

Ruys

Likes Dirt
No worries, I think that came across more whingey that I was aiming for. The timing guys are definitely appreciated and thanked for what they do. If they were able to post the results online straight from the timing tent that would be the best for everybody. The it would only be an extra 2 minutes work for them and then it's done.

No worries, I think that came across more whingey that I was aiming for. The timing guys are definitely appreciated and thanked for what they do. If they were able to post the results online straight from the timing tent that would be the best for everybody. The it would only be an extra 2 minutes work for them and then it's done.
PM'd mate.

murphnat

Likes Dirt
Just something for next season.

Can we please run 2 events at Mt Beauty next season? Why the f*** not! It has the best atmosphere and attracts the local community to the event. If we ran the "Nationals Track" and the "Short Course" that would be great. I did not hear one complaint during the entire weekend (except for the timing board which is not really the clubs fault).

Its features like the rock chute that really express what our sport is all about to the general public. I hate it when people get the wrong idea about our sport and having tracks like Mt Beauty really show case it to the "average Joe". When i finished my race run i made the effort to run back up to the chute to watch the action. It was the most exciting racing i have seen for quite a while. Well worth the 10hrs of driving to get there and back.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Totally agreed there. I would love two events there next year. I Love the tracks up there and im sure everyone agrees.
The locals always make it more enjoyable and they sit there and watch and cheer. It always provides a great atmosphere.
All in all. It was an epic race, and i think we do need more up there.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Just something for next season.

Can we please run 2 events at Mt Beauty next season? Why the f*** not! It has the best atmosphere and attracts the local community to the event. If we ran the "Nationals Track" and the "Short Course" that would be great. I did not hear one complaint during the entire weekend (except for the timing board which is not really the clubs fault).

Its features like the rock chute that really express what our sport is all about to the general public. I hate it when people get the wrong idea about our sport and having tracks like Mt Beauty really show case it to the "average Joe". When i finished my race run i made the effort to run back up to the chute to watch the action. It was the most exciting racing i have seen for quite a while. Well worth the 10hrs of driving to get there and back.
Or Big Hill. I love that track.

big geoff

Likes Dirt
I'm with Nato on this one best atmosphere and a pub thats not phased by people drinking out of jugs. Also i recon we could have an alpine series using mystic, mertyleford and Mt stanley to name just a few of the sweet tracks up that way.