2011 SRAM Singletrack Mind Series

abevern

Likes Dirt
Here's another contradictory forecast: http://www.weather.com.au/nsw/nowra. So who knows?!

Our best guess is there might be a light shower or two on Sunday but as the track is so dry at the moment, plus we're not using any sections prone to bogginess, we think it'll be all good.

... usual disclaimers apply ;)
Thanks for the local info Fi. I like you weather forecast much better - must remember that Elders likes to sell super-phosphate to farmers, so maybe their weather model favours rain..

alchemist said:
If you're changing gears you may as well go all the way to 27 :p
Why stop at 27? I hear fast people run 30 these days. :rolleyes: Though at $40 per cog, I'm not sure how they afford it....

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Weather report has improved somewhat! Looks like we'll have a dry race but we'll make sure the prezzo is done and dusted quickly before the weather turns to custard! Clear skies here at the campfire so fingers crossed!

Delmar

Likes Dirt
... and clear it was. What a day! Perfect weather, awesome track (really), seamless organisation from choc foot, tight fast racing but with good vibes. Oh and we got a third in our category, and it was the first time I've won more than a tyre I didn't want, so that was nice as well (not that I race for prizes etc etc).

If you can't tell, I loved it:)

Thanks to all involved!

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Preliminary Results

Are available on the website. Thanks to all for an awesome day out. More from us soon, for now we're enjoying pizza and a glass of Jimmy Jack Shiraz!

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Thanks for the local info Fi. I like you weather forecast much better - must remember that Elders likes to sell super-phosphate to farmers, so maybe their weather model favours rain..
Just stoked I didn't need to quote that disclaimer :)

mcdoned

Likes Dirt
Coondoo is an awesome place to ride solo. About 4 hours in, you find yourself having too much fun and going faster!

Thanks to Choc Foot for a great event, and to SCUM for a fantastic course. It'd make a great venue for a 24.... ;)

cooken

Likes Dirt
Coondoo is an awesome place to ride solo. About 4 hours in, you find yourself having too much fun and going faster!
Absolutely, I got a second wind around the 4 hr mark (and then I was knackered by 6 1/2 hrs). Great course to pop my SS cherry, and a well run event.

chica

Likes Dirt
thanks choc foot for a great event. So many people I spoke to on the day, be it track side or on the track said this was their first MTB event and what a great intro to racing it was.
SCUM have the bermiest track in Oz - so much fun, i could ride the first dh section over and over. so thanks for maintaining a sensational place for us to ride.
great to see so many females out racing instead of on the side line and also families out enjoying the MTB scene together.

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Hells yeah, right up to the point I got it wrong and binned it! The track was so tacky though, I found myself trusting my tyres more and more into the corners. A couple blew out a little later in the race but for the most part, put your front tyre in the right place and the rest just happened. The flat Esses through some of the trees in the 2nd half ( I think) were just awesome

I suffered badly, but awesome day on the bike ;)

Cheers
Spoonie

Clyde Dave

Likes Dirt
Anyone have any idea when and where the photos will be getting put up?

Have to say thanks to everyone involved. Really liked the atmosphere of a smaller event.
The track was good fun as well, took the SS for the first time. Can't say it was as much fun as it would have been on the geared bike, but that may have been just a bad gear choice, think it was too easy a gear, spent all day spinning like crazy and not getting very far very fast!

Some of you SSer's are crazy fast though!!!

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Photos

The awesome Dave Bateman was snapping up a storm for us and once he's put the finishing touches to his masterpieces we'll have them up very early next week!

For now you can see a few pix here so you know they worth waiting for.

And the local crew from Insight Photography were also clicking away madly and we have posted their gallery here

Fi

Chocolate Foot
The awesome Dave Bateman was snapping up a storm for us and once he's put the finishing touches to his masterpieces we'll have them up very early next week!

For now you can see a few pix here so you know they worth waiting for.

And the local crew from Insight Photography were also clicking away madly and we have posted their gallery here
Plus a few more from one of our awesome event crew Josh Nicholson.

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Event Photographs now on website

Event photographer Dave Bateman has once again amazed us with his fantastic event and rider images from last Sunday's SRAM Singletrack Mind Series. Check them out here. Enjoy!

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Stromlo Preview Video

Preview video for next weekend's SRAM Singletrack Mind Series and other event info, including a GPS trace of the proposed course, now available here!

Slezoj

Likes Dirt
cannot wait

Preview video for next weekend's SRAM Singletrack Mind Series and other event info, including a GPS trace of the proposed course, now available here!
Bernard riders are in for sure, just sorting out teams. Look forward

SteppenW

Likes Dirt
I'm in - hope it doesn't bloody rain

That's me entered. I've been a bit soft lately: feet up, Masterchef on TV, dogs on lap, roaring fire... The perfect antidote is exersion, sweat and dirt. Bring it on.