2011 SRAM Singletrack Mind Series

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Best race I've had for a long time, this time it was actually fund, and there weren't 234254645 switchbacks to the top of the hill.
Some fast and furious racing in the mens pairs, with 2 laps to go we were already 2 laps down, those Canberra boys are fast,
the cold was only cold for a little bit. I had the best view on the first lap where the single-track which ran parallel to the fire-road before hitting the round-about, it was foggy, all the foilage was frosty and the single-track looked like it went on forever.
Fantastic event
Well run by the Chockie foot crew.
Oh, and I beat DaGonz :).

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
Best race I've had for a long time, this time it was actually fund, and there weren't 234254645 switchbacks to the top of the hill.
Some fast and furious racing in the mens pairs, with 2 laps to go we were already 2 laps down, those Canberra boys are fast,
the cold was only cold for a little bit. I had the best view on the first lap where the single-track which ran parallel to the fire-road before hitting the round-about, it was foggy, all the foilage was frosty and the single-track looked like it went on forever.
Fantastic event
Well run by the Chockie foot crew.
Oh, and I beat DaGonz :).
Great event. Congratulations and thanks to the track builders-maintainers. A big thanks to the CORC guys and girls who acted as marshalls, especially to group at the top of the missing link who cheered on each rider on every lap... they must be hoarse today. I can't believe the number of riders who must have flatted and who I saw walking into transition. (Riding on flatted tyres is probably not a good idea.) It was sort of amusing to watch a few riders do endos on the final slope down to transition as they collected the orange posts - made me aware not to carry speed through that section...

cooken

Likes Dirt
Yep another great event by the Choc foot crew, and a big thanks to CORC, the trails were in very good condition.

Glad it 'only' went for 7 hours, a lot more physically demanding than the Nowra course. I was on a SS and the cramp monster came to visit on my last lap.

hiredassassin

Likes Dirt
...especially to group at the top of the missing link who cheered on each rider on every lap...
They were fantastic!

Thanks to their cheering I hit party line with a little too much enthusiasm and almost binned it!

I gave them a big thanks on my last lap.

I wonder if any of them were the girl that was at the top of mount stromlo at the scott a couple of years ago with a 'free hugs' sign?

Anti_Trainer

Likes Dirt
Did Mal give Ed 30 pieces of silver?
2011 tally so far...

Padawan 3 - Jeebus 0.

It's been a long year :)

The young fella only took 10 minutes, I'm workin' on gettin' that back at some point.

(plus he lost something like 8kgs - 5kgs of which came off his ass)

Great event, and good to see Dr Eggs with his mojo back!

p.s. nice link, haven't listened to that in a LONG time ;)

Last edited:

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Thanks to all the riders, our sponsors, and the fantastic team from CORC for making yesterday's SRAM Singletrack Mind Series event such a great day out. Preliminary results are now on the website, and there'll be an event report on WIN News Canberra tomorrow evening and on SBS's Cycling Central this Sunday 3 July at 5pm!

Check out our Facebook page soon for details of the competition to win a set of Avid Elixir X7 brakes ... hope your chocolate feet are still in tact ;-)

Cheers

Fi & Joe

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
Thanks to all the riders, our sponsors, and the fantastic team from CORC for making yesterday's SRAM Singletrack Mind Series event such a great day out. Preliminary results are now on the website, and there'll be an event report on WIN News Canberra tomorrow evening and on SBS's Cycling Central this Sunday 3 July at 5pm!

Check out our Facebook page soon for details of the competition to win a set of Avid Elixir X7 brakes ... hope your chocolate feet are still in tact ;-)

Cheers

Fi & Joe
D'oh... it was but then I got in the car to drive home and there it was on the passenger seat... the rest is history :)

jarv

Likes Bikes
Thanks Fi and Joe for another great event even though i only lasted 1 lap.Crashed with 1.5 ks to go.Rode down with something wrong with left shoulder.Off to Canberra hospital with a dislocated shoulder.Thankyou for hooking my mate up with some brakes.Will be back as soon as possible to race at one of your events.Cheers Jarv

mcdoned

Likes Dirt
(plus he lost something like 8kgs - 5kgs of which came off his ass)
You shouldn't have told him he looked like a woman!!!! I think an extra 8kg might have helped to survive that freezing start on Saturday, brrrrrr!!!

QZ13, Alchemist, you guys should seriously start cheering for the Zimmerer - unlike Jebus and the Padawan, she actually takes a beer to the podium.

For those who are interested, I did some blogging here.

Alternatively, here's the write-up from 2nd in solo... good times!

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Photos are up!

Check out the photos from Round 3 for a reminder of the awesome day that was had on Sunday! Thanks to event photographer Dave Bateman for working his magic as always.

crummy?

Likes Dirt
You shouldn't have told him he looked like a woman!!!! I think an extra 8kg might have helped to survive that freezing start on Saturday, brrrrrr!!!

QZ13, Alchemist, you guys should seriously start cheering for the Zimmerer - unlike Jebus and the Padawan, she actually takes a beer to the podium.

For those who are interested, I did some blogging here.

Alternatively, here's the write-up from 2nd in solo... good times!
Another good ride thanks to everyone for having a ball with me.
Blogged here.

Fi

Chocolate Foot
SRAM Singletrack Mind Series on Cycling Central

G'day All

Just had confirmation that there will be footage from Round 3 of the SRAM Singletrack Mind Series on SBS Cycling Central, this Sunday at 5.00pm!

Cheers

Fi

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Wingello Info & Preview Vid

All the info for Round 4 at Wingello State Forest is now on the website. Thanks to the crew from Southern Highlands Cycle Club and Craig from Enduro Pulse for a great ride on the course and for starring in the preview vid:

[video=youtube_share;EiLrgrYq2T0]http://youtu.be/EiLrgrYq2T0[/video]

abevern

Likes Dirt
Stromlo - Round 3 Video

Well it took a bit of time to work out how to edit the GoPro video, but I've finally got something to show from the Canberra round.. since I didn't get a podium or a new set of brakes...
Putting this together made me positively itch for the next round!

[video=vimeo;26944690]http://vimeo.com/26944690[/video]

sclyde2

Likes Dirt
nice vid. Did you do some smoothing out of the chest-mount footage? It looks like the frame is moving around to stop the viewer getting motion sickness. Never seen that before. How do you do that?