VIC 2012 INTERwinter Series . 4 races, 4 clubs. May 13, June 3rd, July 8th and August 8th

moorey

call me Mia
I'm out.

Went out to Stockyards today to have a look at the course. Was planning on racing B grade, but Boulder track is WAY too difficult for me. Cressy I can do, but would just be a mobile chicane for everyone.

Ah well, keep practicing I suppose,
You'll be fine mate. Option lines are all doable, or just walk it down if needed.
See you there.

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
XCO course

Was at the stockyards today. The tracks have all dried out nicely, only a few puddles left.
Tried to practice the C grade time trial but kept running into people going the right way round, in one case literally and we both ended up in the bushes, still it will be fun.
The XCO course is a blast, grind up Alpe D'Huez (aka Rockwell), but down Cressy and around the Quarry track is a great ride.
Can't wait until race day.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
I'm out.

Went out to Stockyards today to have a look at the course. Was planning on racing B grade, but Boulder track is WAY too difficult for me. Cressy I can do, but would just be a mobile chicane for everyone.

Ah well, keep practicing I suppose,

why not just race C Grade then?

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Yeah, maybe. Just a bit worried about trying to get down cressy in a race situation without messing up myself, or worse, someone else.
Just go your own pace. People will pass if they need to. Don't put yourself in an unsafe situation. It's a really fun race. Some people walk what they can't ride and there is nothing wrong with that :)

serowe

Likes Dirt
Yeah, maybe. Just a bit worried about trying to get down cressy in a race situation without messing up myself, or worse, someone else.
Have to agree with Rishi - having photographed a number of events where there are sections some riders don;t feel comfortable with, I have found some riders tend to feel 'guilty' because they are off the bike and walking. Some even say 'Don't take my photo, I';m walking not riding - wait till I get back on'.

But - the reality is, there is nothing to be ashamed of - I have seen some of the top riders come a real cropper beause they have pushed that little bit too much - but, again, it is all part of MTB events.

Bottom line - if you don;t feel comfortable, or you feel it is unsafe for you - get off or simply do what YOU feel safe doing - after all, it IS your body and bike :) And, if there is a photographer there - just conmtinue as normal - ignore him (it might be me :eek:hwell: )

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Oh, all right, you've all convinced me. I'll see if I can make a midweek visit to YY for a bit more practice. I may set a new record for being faster uphill than downhill.

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Oh, all right, you've all convinced me. I'll see if I can make a midweek visit to YY for a bit more practice. I may set a new record for being faster uphill than downhill.
Come Saturday after we do the course set up :) can show you the safe lines if you want.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
why the rudeness?

Bwahahaha..you missed the memo about ironic sarcasm, didn't you...
I AM planning to go up there for a play tomorrow, but I can assure you it won't be practicing the crit track.

Btw, I have paid my dues, and THEN SOME, on the track building, race set up/run/pack up front, so you can get off your soapbox before you fall:focus:
Why the rudeness.
All we were asking was for you to help roll up some Bunting, pull a few stakes out or help pack up a tent.
Our events are happy and fun and they are run of guys like you to enjoy.
If you do come to the Interwinter, while packing your helmet shoes and gloves please remember to pack some manners.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
re: the Time Trial, how much time is there in between letting riders go? 30 seconds, 60 seconds? Just curious that's all :)

moorey

call me Mia
Why the rudeness.
All we were asking was for you to help roll up some Bunting, pull a few stakes out or help pack up a tent.
Our events are happy and fun and they are run of guys like you to enjoy.
If you do come to the Interwinter, while packing your helmet shoes and gloves please remember to pack some manners.
Wheres the rudeness? Did you seriously miss the part where I was clearly responding in jest to a comment of Timberly's? Or are you just jumping on the 'lets claim to be offended by everything Moorey says' bandwagon? If so, I apologise, but not for what you might think I should be apologising for... :eyebrows:

I have a other commitments and priorities at this point in my life, but when I can, I plan to return to an active role within our local club. Believe me, I know all about spending every spare moment preparing for an event, and the whole weekend setting up at sunrise and packing up in the dark. I appreciate as much, if not more than most people what you guys/girls are doing to run the event, and the assumption that I don't know and don't care what is involved is quite simply, rude.

Why do you have to try to drag more of this up again, when the thread was heading in such a positive and productive way? I hope to see you on the weekend. Please say 'hi' if you get a chance. Its looking like being a great event at a venue that NEVER disappoints. Lets leave it at that.

serowe

Likes Dirt
Wheres the rudeness? Did you seriously miss the part where I was clearly responding in jest to a comment of Timberly's? Or are you just jumping on the 'lets claim to be offended by everything Moorey says' bandwagon? If so, I apologise, but not for what you might think I should be apologising for... :eyebrows:
Where should he/I/others start?

Why do you have to try to drag more of this up again, when the thread was heading in such a positive and productive way? I hope to see you on the weekend. Please say 'hi' if you get a chance. Its looking like being a great event at a venue that NEVER disappoints. Lets leave it at that.
It's easy - there is a sequence of events when postng messages:

1. type
2. read what you have just typed
3. think before you hit the send button.

Items 2 and 3 seem to be continually missed in your posts.

And for the record - mmatrix obviously wasn't the only one that thought about your post the way he did.

moorey

call me Mia
Where should he/I/others start?

It's easy - there is a sequence of events when postng messages:

1. type
2. read what you have just typed
3. think before you hit the send button.

Items 2 and 3 seem to be continually missed in your posts.

And for the record - mmatrix obviously wasn't the only one that thought about your post the way he did.
Here we go again...I could tell you where to start, but that WOULD be rude...
Step 1. Check
Step 2. Check
Step 3. Check

Hitting submit...

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Also people respond (and get offended) without reading the thread so don't have the context. I think people need to remember that when not talking in person you shouldn't jump to conclusions. Everyone relax. There has been no complaints, or rudeness on here at all...just people misinterpreting and getting upset. You Yangs this weekend!!! Freaking awesome!!! :)

moorey

call me Mia
Darn toot'n. Can't wait:tea:
Not sure that even really bad weather could spoil the Youies experience:high5:

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
Those of us who raced in the 2008/2009 National series round, held at the You Yangs, may hold a different point of view to that claim ;)
that was just a silly weekend to race, enough said
and damn you for reminding me of the traumatic experience Tim!!

serowe

Likes Dirt
that was just a silly weekend to race, enough said
and damn you for reminding me of the traumatic experience Tim!!
Hmmmm - now, where have I filed those photos from that weekend? (Believe me - that wasn't an event to be at less than a month after a major operation! I still regret it... :crutch: )