VIC 2012 INTERwinter Series . 4 races, 4 clubs. May 13, June 3rd, July 8th and August 8th

Knut

Troll hunter
Best XC event on the Vico calender!

For so many reasons:

How cool it was talking to people between races;
The happy faces behind the computers;
The people who just keep coming back to race with us.

Completely enjoyed:

The courses;
Getting in trouble for not staying warm by the swearing bear;
Seeing the happy vollies on course;
That it didn't rain anymore;
The hamburger and coffee at the end was the best.

Most of all, the comraderie, competitive rivalry and sportsmanship during the day was second to none. Mountain bikers are the coolest people!

serowe

Likes Dirt
For so many reasons:

How cool it was talking to people between races;
The happy faces behind the computers;
The people who just keep coming back to race with us.

Completely enjoyed:

The courses;
Getting in trouble for not staying warm by the swearing bear;
Seeing the happy vollies on course;
That it didn't rain anymore;
The hamburger and coffee at the end was the best.

Most of all, the comraderie, competitive rivalry and sportsmanship during the day was second to none. Mountain bikers are the coolest people!
The downside? Me, facing the wrong way with the camera, when Moorey comes off his bike and plants it on the wooden berm near the end of the time trial :) I've gotta get those eyes in the back of my head fixed!

Even better to hear the young kids asking the adults 'Where's your helmet?' when older riders came past them from the car part, riding their bikes, without helmets! Made me chuckle to think we have got through to the kids about helmets...

Seriously - a GOOD day - competitor, official and even weather wise!

Now I just have to go through a few photos and put them on my web site - a rough guess (as they are still being copied from the camera/cards - in excess of 2000! Long night ahead of me.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Now I just have to go through a few photos and put them on my web site - a rough guess (as they are still being copied from the camera/cards - in excess of 2000! Long night ahead of me.
Tick tick Steve! it's been at least 3 hours since the event finished :)

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Great Day

I second all the comments about the day, great day, good racing, good organisation, lots of fun.
Only down side is my bike has a horrible grinding noise in the back wheel, but that's winter racing.

serowe

Likes Dirt
Tick tick Steve! it's been at least 3 hours since the event finished :)
How many photos did I say? Finished transferring them about 30 mins ago - in total - over 3000! (I know I had both cameras on high speed burst during the Time Trial and XCO but even I didn't think there were this many!)

Currently Geo-tagging all photos then I can go through and cull them before numbering them. I would guess tomorrow morning before they get uploaded at this rate! Bummer! Oh well, if anyone wants a job helping to name all the photos, email me at icantaffordtopayanyone@broke.com :)

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
The downside? Me, facing the wrong way with the camera, when Moorey comes off his bike and plants it on the wooden berm near the end of the time trial :)
Moorey, I thought you said you were a downhiller? You axe yourself on a little berm like that?

moorey

call me Mia
The downside? Me, facing the wrong way with the camera, when Moorey comes off his bike and plants it on the wooden berm near the end of the time trial :) I've gotta get those eyes in the back of my head fixed!
Why would someone get pleasure out of me polaxing myself?....oh, right, the jackass thing. As you were. :focus:
Anyone know how the young guy with the bloody face at the rocky section in cressy fared? Didn't look pretty.

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Why would someone get pleasure out of me polaxing myself?....oh, right, the jackass thing. As you were. :focus:
Anyone know how the young guy with the bloody face at the rocky section in cressy fared? Didn't look pretty.
Last seen talking to first aid, a very fat lip and a bit of lost pride but not much lasting damage as far as I could tell.

moorey

call me Mia
<cough> I did :eyebrows:
That was just old fashioned poor riding to conditions, combined with over inflated belief in skill.
I reckon I dodged a bullet copping just a couple of fractured fingers and bruised palm.
No tossing for Moorey for a few weeks....

(insert Moorey the tosser jokes here)

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Saw him post race, he had a rather fat looking lip but all teeth appeared to be in tact which was good to see.

Last edited:

akashra

Eats Squid
Yeah, he's okay, nothing broken. He'll be back on the bike this week, in all probability smashing me up the climbs again ;p

Last edited:

seb710

Likes Bikes
I think people managed to ride to their abilities rather than their ambitions.
I was thinking as I was riding yesterday that everyone who rode yesterday does something the ordinary person does not. It takes guts to ride up rock walls, across rock gardens, up ascents that make your legs burn and lungs sting then to throw yourselves down decents at crazy speed, ride centimeters from trees at speed and at the end tell each other how awesome it was with a smile on your face.

Congrats to all grades and all who had a crack yesterday.

Well done to GMBC on putting on a great event in one of the best venues in the state.

moorey

call me Mia
I think people managed to ride to their abilities rather than their ambitions.
Present company excluded..... Please, Mr Orgainser, can I redo my ITT run?

The only 'crit'(parden the pun)icism, more of a suggestion, I could possibly find is to have the crit on something a little more interesting and challenging. I realise that it would pose logistical problems, and that running it where it currently is, is simply the most convenient place to run it due to timing/rego/marshalling, but theres soo much fun stuff at the Youies, that a flat track loop like that seems like a bit of a waste.
That said, people seemed to enjoy it....as did i for the whole 5 laps before being unceremoniously pulled from the course (no doubt it was either an Anti-Moorey conspiracy or a dress code violation...or both)

Knut

Troll hunter
As most people are aware, I like technical courses. However, for every corner, obstacle, climb etc there is an effect on the peloton. The two sharper corners this year saw riders being withdrawn from course earlier. To combat the rapid attrition rate, you have to utilize an open course. More riders can then hang on which means more exciting racing. I see your point, but in this particular application, it wouldn't work as well.