VIC 2012 INTERwinter Series . 4 races, 4 clubs. May 13, June 3rd, July 8th and August 8th

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Woop Woop! That was fun!!! Nice tracks! and how cool is it to get home and the only cleaning your bike needs is a good dust off. Oh yeah! :)

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Yep, that was awesome.

My kids had their first bike race, and had a blast, both asking when the next one is.

Really enjoyed the track, nice and fast.

And a very friendly vibe from competitors and organisers. Thanks to everyone involved in staging it.

akashra

Eats Squid
Not a puddle in sight. The ground was perfectly dry, rocky, dusty and solid. Definitely very solid. I can very much attest to the fact that the ground was solid.

serowe

Likes Dirt
I can very much attest to the fact that the ground was solid.
And for once I obviously picked the wrong spot to have the camera's :)

Photos will be posted later this evening when they have been sorted - will post a msg when they are available.

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Broke his number

Not a puddle in sight. The ground was perfectly dry, rocky, dusty and solid. Definitely very solid. I can very much attest to the fact that the ground was solid.
At registration the lady was very firm about being nice to the new numbers and don't cut them or damage them.

Then in the mayhem of the first lap traffic jam Tim bit the dirt (or rocks) and broke his number, I laughed so much I nearly fell off myself

Hope there was not too much blood or other injury Tim

akashra

Eats Squid
haha, yeah, when Gareth broke his before the race had even started it was like 'wtf'. Then it was just making it look like us Trailmix guys had some kind of vendetta against those number plates :p Damn thing shattered in to about six pieces - those plates may look nice, but they appear to me made of crystal.

Even I was having a good laugh at the hilarity of the situation. Equally amusing was being unable to get up because riders were just going left, right, every which way around me, so had to wait for the entire field to pass before I could even pick myself back up and not get run over :D

Edit: Oh yeah, and major painkillers are required this evening, and a fair sized/coloured bruise as proof :(

Last edited:

drfuentes

Likes Dirt
Well if I was the Full Gas crew I would be sweating it, this series is proving to have the best events FULL STOP

Well done to the Rocky Riders on a friendly event, super fun fast course. Although there was a stick on the track at about 3.25k to go. Please have that removed for next year. :)

Nice touch having the monthly markets on in town on the same day :)

Can we get the chinese dumpling vendor to come to the races????

And to all those people who said that north of the Great Divide was marketing talk .....:heh:

Bring on the details of the next round

Great event!

Just want to thank those responsible for a great event. I'm only just getting back into MTB racing and this and Ballarat Sebastapols one were just what I was looking for. The track was in great nic today- well done to the organisers, an awesome vibe and smoothly run.
Cheers

serowe

Likes Dirt
Photos now available

OK, have posted photos on the usual web site (for me :) ) - they are shown as the last link on the main page (beware that I am currently reorganising the main page to make easier to find individual events).

http://mtb-images.com.au/

Currently the images are displayed in the order of time taken - as soon as results/bike numbers are available, names will be put to all the photos and then the order rearranged into first name/last name order.

riderideride

Likes Dirt
OK, have posted photos on the usual web site (for me :) ) - they are shown as the last link on the main page (beware that I am currently reorganising the main page to make easier to find individual events).

http://mtb-images.com.au/

Currently the images are displayed in the order of time taken - as soon as results/bike numbers are available, names will be put to all the photos and then the order rearranged into first name/last name order.
Thanks for the photos! They're great! Towards the end of the race I saw you at the drop. Did any of those turn out? Was hoping for a " pigs can fly" photo on the launch :-D

Benduro

Likes Dirt
Cracking course and day!!!
Laps seemed way faster than last year.
Wish I put more into the last lap... I thought I still had one to go:)

Cheers Rocky Riders:very_drunk:

serowe

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the photos! They're great! Towards the end of the race I saw you at the drop. Did any of those turn out? Was hoping for a " pigs can fly" photo on the launch :-D
I culled roughly 34 images out of 590 (focus the main issue plus most of them were on the first lap where I was <cough> experimenting with some new shots :) ) so they would be there.

Best way, if you don;t want to wade through them all, is wait until I have the names on the photos (hopefully by tomorrow) and they will be re-ordered and also available via the Search menu option.

Alternatively - PM or email your race number and I'll see what I can find and let you know (don't rush me as I am baby sitting one very tired puppy (!!) and about to watch MotoGP and then some NASCAR (hey, I have a wide range of interests :) )