2012 World cup team rumours....(NOW 2013)

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
Here's a pic of an M9 prototype running 650b. I'm not sure what colour SC are running this year though. I'll keep you all posted on progress of the M9 650 as it comes.
That's actually pretty exciting. I'm very interested to see if there is a difference and how big it is. Will be staying tuned.

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
i know that, but why dont they get their team to concentrate on a carbon build instead of playing with the geometry.
Because noone has done 650B wheels before? Everyones doing carbon, they might be onto the next best thing before anyone else. No point spending loads of cash on setting up production for carbon frames if they can make a better bike with 650B wheels. Then they can concentrate on making a carbon 650B bike.

I'm not saying the bigger wheels will be better, they could be a catastrophic failure. But I don't know, neither do you, neither does anyone else. After they've tried it we'll all know if it was a worthwhile experiment. In the meantime theres no use pouring big dollars into something that could be old hat in 2-3 years.

driftking

Wheel size expert
The 650B is a good option, they were very positive about the 29er 951 they built a while ago, I think this is a smart move the benefits are there and shown with 29er going half way is interesting. I will be watching it vividly though. I would imagine smaller riders will get on these first, given they will increase the steering radius a smaller rider wont be so hurt by that, further more with its improvement to roll over obstacles the heavier guys carry more momentum. That said us light weights can float over everything :)

heavyp

You heard it here first
Giant Factory Off-Road News

Giant Factory Off-Road News: New to the DH squad this year is 22-year-old Marcelo Gutierrez Villegas, a four-time elite national champion in Colombia who finished 10th at the 2012 DH World Championships in Austria.
full_Gutierrez.jpg

Last edited:

heavyp

You heard it here first
Pure rampaging awesomeness from our Sam. This is the Sam we love.

http://youtu.be/h5MYx71UXKw
And they banned skin suits ? ahha anyways back on to topic guys surely that factory giant news is worth talking about Marcelo Gutierrez Villegas is very fast and got me lots of points last year I finished 47th overall in the dirt fantasy league oh yeah back on to topic

RUMOURS AND TEAM NEWS

heavyp

You heard it here first
A-moRHiCIAAWxI9.jpg-large.jpeg

Come on then people what do we have here ? Specialized trying to charm someone from Trek ? which would mean thats theres BIG budget as someone must of left!!!

Looks like Gwin to me

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Specialized trying to charm someone from Trek ? which would mean thats theres BIG budget as someone must of left!!!

Looks like Gwin to me
there was reports of troy and gwin doing a few things together a few pages back?