VIC 2013 InterWinter Series. 4 races 4 Clubs /,May 5th,/ June 16 /,July 14 /Aug 11th

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
A Brilliant Day

Great tracks courtesy of Parks Victoria, selected by Alan and others? well done
Great organisation by GMBC
Great weather courtesy of Mother Nature, I went home with a sunburnt forehead.

Great + Great + Great = a brilliant day

On a somber note though, any news on the people who went home in an ambulance?

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
we will let you know when they are posted

Fair call. Keen to see though...
they are pretty complex because the results are not only for the interwinter series , but also for the gmbc club cup, so may be a few days. there were a lot of races today so it's not just posting one set of numbers

serowe

Likes Dirt
Images from part of the Dirt Squirts and XCO events are now available at http://www.mtb-images.com.au. The Time Trial and Eliminator events are currently being transferred and should be available by midnight.

Please remember - do NOT link to images on the web site as the locations will change without notice but will always be available from the main mtb-images.com.au front page. If you realy want an image for your Facebook page, blog, web site etc - they don't cost the earth and, once you have purchased an image, you can virtually do what you like with it!

Names will be placed on all the images sometime during Monday and the 4 event galleries uploaded again (another reason not to link to images on the site!)

All photos have been geo-tagged - clicking on the earth icon on the top left of any photo will show you, in Google Maps, where it was taken.

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
On a somber note though, any news on the people who went home in an ambulance?
not sure how many there where but I have an update on one - me.... i am okish. nothing broken (pride is shattered). pretty battered and bruised though, some stitches. i went otb and knocked my head and knocked myself out. can't remember much after that.

a big thanks to those who helped me, first aiders, GMBC folks and ambulance guys.

Rob

moorey

call me Mia
not sure how many there where but I have an update on one - me.... i am okish. nothing broken (pride is shattered). pretty battered and bruised though, some stitches. i went otb and knocked my head and knocked myself out. can't remember much after that.

a big thanks to those who helped me, first aiders, GMBC folks and ambulance guys.

Rob
Wondered where the fuck you got to, long Mong. Tabletop?
Haven't heard about Ruth from Ballarat that was hauled off just before eliminator. Looked pretty collarbone-ish. Her man is in the body fixing trade, and he wasn't sure either at the time.

Big ups to the Gee stringers. Always love the youies....and much preferred the eliminator to the crit format. Liked the 2 man time trial also.
If you ran same course for xco again (and I loved the choice of track btw), could we do a short prologue? I wasn't smart enough to start near the front, and the first climb was a walking paced bottleneck.

Great work. Bonza day.

sossy

Saucier

If you ran same course for xco again (and I loved the choice of track btw), could we do a short prologue? I wasn't smart enough to start near the front, and the first climb was a walking paced bottleneck.

Great work. Bonza day.
So now you want us to cater for stupid too??? Sheesh! your demands are never ending!

moorey

call me Mia
So now you want us to cater for stupid too??? Sheesh! your demands are never ending!
You always need to cater for stupid:cheer2:
Just saying that it was a hell of a bustle for a big B field to sort themselves before the singletrack climb, which really had few possible places to pass.

serowe

Likes Dirt
You always need to cater for stupid:cheer2:
Just saying that it was a hell of a bustle for a big B field to sort themselves before the singletrack climb, which really had few possible places to pass.
That's funny - 'cos where I was taking photos at the top of that first climb, it seemed, yes, there was a long drawn out string of riders, but many of them were finding ways to pass others. There were also a few that were making it almost impossible for anyone to pass them - so it's give and take, don't blame the track!

moorey

call me Mia
That's funny - 'cos where I was taking photos at the top of that first climb, it seemed, yes, there was a long drawn out string of riders, but many of them were finding ways to pass others. There were also a few that were making it almost impossible for anyone to pass them - so it's give and take, don't blame the track!
Not blaming the track... But when there are 20 riders behind an inexperienced rider, who struggled to let people past, and doesn't stop to let groups past, it takes a long time to get everyone past.
My last lap, when I was tired but had a pretty clean run, was 4 minutes faster than the first lap.
Not sure why everyone in picking the one suggestion I made (along with several positives), and turning it into a criticism. The glass is over half full, peeps.

sossy

Saucier
Not blaming the track... But when there are 20 riders behind an inexperienced rider, who struggled to let people past, and doesn't stop to let groups past, it takes a long time to get everyone past.
My last lap, when I was tired but had a pretty clean run, was 4 minutes faster than the first lap.
Not sure why everyone in picking the one suggestion I made (along with several positives), and turning it into a criticism. The glass is over half full, peeps.
Now you want a full glass? never happy..

Is it a somber mood in shantytown today now that the club cup has gone?

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Haven't heard about Ruth from Ballarat that was hauled off just before eliminator. Looked pretty collarbone-ish. Her man is in the body fixing trade, and he wasn't sure either
I believe concussion and a broken hand. Well that is the word on Facebook anyway. Hope she heals up quick :)

moorey

call me Mia
I believe concussion and a broken hand. Well that is the word on Facebook anyway. Hope she heals up quick :)
Bugger.... Could have been worse though, I guess.
I LOVED having that tabletop in the course...but it certainly seemed to claim a few victims, and dozens of 'oh FUCK, I thought I was going to die!!!!' anecdote moments...:pop2:

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Maybe it needs a slow down sign or something. So many casualties of late. Last weekend there was a guy down there with a big group around him. I chose not to look...nôt a fan of viewing carnage.

moorey

call me Mia
Maybe it needs a slow down sign or something
Maybe for the first lap, I could excuse people not knowing about it (and some didn't, clearly), but it happened lap after lap when people know it was there. Not much you can do about 'the red mist' :noidea:

serowe

Likes Dirt
Maybe it needs a slow down sign or something. So many casualties of late. Last weekend there was a guy down there with a big group around him. I chose not to look...nôt a fan of viewing carnage.
Why does it need 'signs'? It isn't as if you (i.e. all riders) haven't ridden these particular sections of track before and know what they are like. The one comment I constantly heard fromthose at these accident scenes were 'stop over-riding guys'.

I think the word to describe it would be 'complacency'.

serowe

Likes Dirt
And then there are the so-called 'experienced' riders who insist on their right to get past as quickly as possible (and, funnily enough, the most vocal in their shouts of 'Come on - move over and let us pass - stop holding us up'.....was in the Dirt Squirts - I really couldn't believe I was hearing this from juniors - not once either...)

Not sure why 'everyopne is picking on you'? Maybe it is the way it is being said, not WHAT is being said. I'm not a prude, but you come across with the language you do, expect the responses you get.

Remember, this is MTB racing - just because a rider is quicker than someone in front doesn't give them the right to expect, or make, the make way for you. No matter where you are on the track. I would have thought these 'quicker riders' would have sorted their positions out well before that climb - like on the start line?