VIC 2013 InterWinter Series. 4 races 4 Clubs /,May 5th,/ June 16 /,July 14 /Aug 11th

moorey

call me Mia
Why does it need 'signs'? It isn't as if you (i.e. all riders) haven't ridden these particular sections of track before and know what they are like. The one comment I constantly heard fromthose at these accident scenes were 'stop over-riding guys'.

I think the word to describe it would be 'complacency'.
To play the devils advocate, not everyone had a chance to ride it before hand....and there's generally warning signs everywhere else around the Youies for anything that resembles danger.

moorey

call me Mia
And then there are the so-called 'experienced' riders who insist on their right to get past as quickly as possible (and, funnily enough, the most vocal in their shouts of 'Come on - move over and let us pass - stop holding us up'.....was in the Dirt Squirts - I really couldn't believe I was hearing this from juniors - not once either...)
Not sure why 'everyopne is picking on you'? Maybe it is the way it is being said, not WHAT is being said. I'm not a prude, but you come across with the language you do, expect the responses you get.
You idiot, Steve (like that?)...I never said everyone was picking on me, FFS, I said they were picking out the one negative to highlight :smash:. Play the ball, not the man. Show me what I said in that original post that was anything other than praise, and a polite suggestion :noidea:

Remember, this is MTB racing - just because a rider is quicker than someone in front doesn't give them the right to expect, or make, the make way for you. No matter where you are on the track. I would have thought these 'quicker riders' would have sorted their positions out well before that climb - like on the start line?
Spoken like a true observer. I admitted that I didn't get my arse into gear for a position nearer the front, and by the time I looked at the grouping on the line, I wasn't about to rudely push my way through the pack. Really, Steve, being a bit immature here, aren't you?

serowe

Likes Dirt
You idiot, Steve (like that?)...I never said everyone was picking on me, FFS, I said they were picking out the one negative to highlight :smash:. Play the ball, not the man. Show me what I said in that original post that was anything other than praise, and a polite suggestion :noidea:

Spoken like a true observer. I admitted that I didn't get my arse into gear for a position nearer the front, and by the time I looked at the grouping on the line, I wasn't about to rudely push my way through the pack. Really, Steve, being a bit immature here, aren't you?
Try Msg 408 for starters - and let's be honest, there is a small group of people here that like to continually pick out the bad 'things' all the time. If pointing that out is 'immature' then I guess I'm guilty as charged. But remember this as well - I have the benefit of seeing, and hearing, all riders and competitors throughout a race and it still surpsies me the way some (definately not all) seem to think that slower, inexperienced, or even 'cautious' riders should get out of their way simply because they are faster/better/more experienced.

What I saw yesterday was some damn good racing amongst the majority of the pack and, in general, good comaraderie. And then I read some of this .... well, trash is probably the best word for it.

moorey

call me Mia
Try Msg 408 for starters - and let's be honest, there is a small group of people here that like to continually pick out the bad 'things' all the time. If pointing that out is 'immature' then I guess I'm guilty as charged. But remember this as well - I have the benefit of seeing, and hearing, all riders and competitors throughout a race and it still surpsies me the way some (definately not all) seem to think that slower, inexperienced, or even 'cautious' riders should get out of their way simply because they are faster/better/more experienced.

What I saw yesterday was some damn good racing amongst the majority of the pack and, in general, good comaraderie. And then I read some of this .... well, trash is probably the best word for it.
My comments about the race from '408'. My comments before that were nothing to do with the race, the venue, or the tracks.
Big ups to the Gee stringers. Always love the youies....and much preferred the eliminator to the crit format. Liked the 2 man time trial also.
If you ran same course for xco again (and I loved the choice of track btw), could we do a short prologue? I wasn't smart enough to start near the front, and the first climb was a walking paced bottleneck.

Great work. Bonza day.
Yeah, not a prude much. You see what you want to see. If you saw only bad, remove your blinkers. Done with this.:rip:

serowe

Likes Dirt
Names have now been applied to all my images - use the main web site entrance at http://www.mtb-images.com.au - as mentioned previously, these image galleries DO get moved around and therefore links to individual images will break at some stage - the main page, however, will always allow you to view event(s) and images.

Give it about another half an hour and indexing of all named images should also be complete and then accessible via the Search link on the menus on the web site.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
results. on GMBC web site under results.

email from Tania

Have just posted the XCO & Time Trial results on the GMBC website. If you have any questions about them get onto the guys at Entryzone - info@entryzone.com.au
Jon 'Pedalbury' is sorting out the Eliminator results and we'll put them up asap along with the overall results for the day.
Then we just have to so the IW Series points and the final Club Cup points - wish I could ride my bike whilst number-crunching!!
Tania

Rocky Riders

Likes Bikes
wish I could ride my bike whilst number-crunching!!
Tania
Don't we all....

Thanks to all involved at GMBC for putting on a great event on Sunday. It was a big day for our little club and we were delighted to take home the Cup (it went straight in the dishwasher).

Big thanks to Tania for her time in organising the series and well done to all clubs for making it another fantastic year for the Interwinter brand. Every event had its own flavour but fun was the common thread.

RR crew

serowe

Likes Dirt
Don't we all....

we were delighted to take home the Cup (it went straight in the dishwasher).

RR crew
I reckon you should have left it to gather, what's the term I am looking for? - I would say 'street cred' but a better term would be 'track mud'!

Give it that honest to goodness, well used, well deserved look and feel!

Congrats to all concerned and look forward to next years series (hopefully this time I will make them alll...)

riderideride

Likes Dirt
I reckon you should have left it to gather, what's the term I am looking for? - I would say 'street cred' but a better term would be 'track mud'!

Give it that honest to goodness, well used, well deserved look and feel!

Congrats to all concerned and look forward to next years series (hopefully this time I will make them alll...)
I dont think it was mud they were trying to remove...

johndh

Likes Dirt
I thought that Sunday was one of the best events I have attended for a long time, the tracks were in excellent condition and well planned to suit the different stages, including their technical difficulty. Great organisation and venue, liked the idea of a free sausage for your number plate. The start of the 1st stage was a bit congested as is usual with lap races, but I started nearer the middle of my class and slowly worked my way through the riders, if you were patient and took passing opportunities when they were there it could be done, even up the hill.
Overall I enjoyed the day especially Eliminator format, and the prizes were excellent.
Well done to all.

moorey

call me Mia
Bah. "Best 3 sucks". I'm claiming 3rd overall. Where else in sport do you get to miss 1/4 of the rounds/matches and still get rewarded?
Yep, that's a whine, deal with it. I know what you'll say....some people missed a round to help out on local stage.... So, nominate that you're doing so, and get awarded an average of your other 3.

Yep, I'm being petty I'm a petty, petty man, but was quietly chuffed at the expectation of a podium for the first time in 17 years of riding.

Rant over. Thanks for the series guys and girls. Congrats to the winners and place getters. Looking forward to 2014 with a vengeance.

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
Bah. "Best 3 sucks". I'm claiming 3rd overall. Where else in sport do you get to miss 1/4 of the rounds/matches and still get rewarded?
Yep, that's a whine, deal with it. I know what you'll say....some people missed a round to help out on local stage.... So, nominate that you're doing so, and get awarded an average of your other 3.

Yep, I'm being petty I'm a petty, petty man, but was quietly chuffed at the expectation of a podium for the first time in 17 years of riding.

Rant over. Thanks for the series guys and girls. Congrats to the winners and place getters. Looking forward to 2014 with a vengeance.
Best 3 - good for those who do head plants and dont finish a round.