VIC 2013 VES Enduro Series.

AlanT

Likes Dirt
Grrrr, added the rehydration gear to my cart, set up an account (clunky setup), and they won't deliver to PO boxes. Wtf is with that?
I'm a man of little perseverance, and easily put off. Looks like no soup for me.
Not going to lie - Sport Recovery needs an update. Bummer about the PO Box - but couriers add premium prices to those delivery (WTF is with that? Indeed). You can get the stuff delivered to work, or even put instructions through of where you want the package left by your front door.

AlanT

Likes Dirt
Who were the people taking photos on course ? Any links to see pics ?
Just spoke with our photographers - they've got over 40gb worth of photos. They're shifting through them this afternoon so we'll hopefully have a selection up on the Big Hill Events facebook in the coming week.

Alternatively check out the #BuxtonBootcamp which has everyone's photos from the weekend ...

moorey

call me Mia
Not going to lie - Sport Recovery needs an update. Bummer about the PO Box - but couriers add premium prices to those delivery (WTF is with that? Indeed). You can get the stuff delivered to work, or even put instructions through of where you want the package left by your front door.
Tells you to put dob as example dd/mm/yyyy, but only accepts yank style.
Work delivery isn't appropriate, and this is my back yard...they aren't coming here

If there's any chance this stuff will help with the cramps, I'll track some down and give it a shot before next 6hr race.

Seemed like a lot out there were cramping yesterday, and I assume some, unlike me, rely on more than BBQ shapes and bananas. Interested to hear what foods, not supplements work, and knuckles et al, don't say eat more meat or dicks.

varge

Squid
Tells you to put dob as example dd/mm/yyyy, but only accepts yank style.
Work delivery isn't appropriate, and this is my back yard...they aren't coming here

If there's any chance this stuff will help with the cramps, I'll track some down and give it a shot before next 6hr race.

Seemed like a lot out there were cramping yesterday, and I assume some, unlike me, rely on more than BBQ shapes and bananas. Interested to hear what foods, not supplements work, and knuckles et al, don't say eat more meat or dicks.
Honey is a good gel substitute, however I don't know how vegan friendly it is. Some people do, some don't.

I find it easier on the stomach than gels.

http://capilano.com.au/products-page/product-category/honey-shotz-7g-sachets/

TM2

Likes Bikes
Some people go with salty olives to help for cramps, or just the brine if you are really desperate.

AlanT

Likes Dirt
The Results are in and up.

- Crazy as it sounds after 7 rounds of racing, the 6 hour mens finale is a DRAW between Brad Clarke and Peter Kutschera.

Big Hill Events would like to apologise for any confusion caused on the day with the 1st and 2nd place of the series – which were manually calculated. With 1.5 factor points the round points, round up, rather than down: i.e. Brad’s 5th place in Rd 2 is in fact 64.5 points and 2nd place in Rd 6 is in fact 97.5 points. Resulting in both Peter and Brad finishing on 345 points. Big Hill Events have contributed extra funds to the series so that Peter will also receive the same prize money as Brad. Both riders have been contacted and are happy with the outcome and are already looking forward to the next year of racing.

For the full write up and a few photographs click here

For Buxton Bootcamp Results click here

For the VES 2013 Finale Results click here

We'll hopefully have more photographs up ASAP.
Thanks again for everyone involved in the series

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
My race prep pretty much went down the toilet when I found myself with some kind of gastro bug on Wednesday.... By Saturday arv I was feeling OK enough to at least get out & have a pedal, but I knew the 6-hours was well off the radar. About 1/4 of the way into my third lap the inevitable happened and I hit the wall, so I just pottered around the rest of the lap & called it a day.

Great course, really loved the new bit! Also good to see how the rest of it is bedding in over time too; last time I was there 18 months ago, some of the berms were in really weird places way off the corner line, but the track bed has moved out to meet them, so they flow a lot better now. :smile:

monc

Likes Dirt
Fantastic event, it's a great track. Those berms are awesome.

Thanks to everyone involved in organising and participating in the series, it's kept me on the bike over winter, and highlighted what a great lot of track we have available.

I do feel sorry for the snake I ran over halfway round the extra solo loop (a live one, not the dead one that was on the side of the track all day), never a good outcome for the snake, and I'm pleased to have shoes with leather sides as it reared up and tried to latch on :help:

moorey

call me Mia
Met a friendly RB lurker at Buxton, I reckon it's time he came out and said hi.
'Sux to be you'/'suxtobeyou'(?), I reckon you're reading this thread, out you come....:pop2:

JESSKA

Likes Bikes
Ahh!! You ran over a snake?! I almost fell off my bike when I saw the dead one on the side... I think if I ran over one & it reared up, that would have been my last lap :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

sux2bu

Squid
Moorey, Moorey, Moorey are you trying to poke a sleeping bear? Have you been getting cramps or braxton hicks? :baby: hahahaha

moorey

call me Mia
Moorey, Moorey, Moorey are you trying to poke a sleeping bear? Have you been getting cramps or braxton hicks? :baby: hahahaha
Nursing humour. Nice. I don't think that stop/start/stop/start format is my friend, but had a ball. Will be back if wozza needs a wingman. :boink:

sux2bu

Squid
Wooza?? That's great! I'll be using that name on him from now on. With the cramps, you need to find foods that work for you. The gels are good at the start, but 5hrs in and I can't stomach them anymore. I've found with the stop/start, keep moving (don't just sit in an armchair the whole time) vegemite on plain sakatas, banana bread, staminade (with mag), and EPO helps(Oh sorry, the last ones just for roadies). If you don't fuel yourself right then you bonk (which can only be described as the devil rippin your soul out through your kneecaps):mushroom::hopelessness::ambivalence::grief::uncomfortableness::devilish::emptiness::bi_polo: That's a few things that work for me anyway m8. Also Moorey, some of the boys and I are heading to the Bright 12hr Feb 1st. If you want in?

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, gotta change up my routine, bananas and BBQ shapes failed me this time. May never do another team event, who knows, I'm more of a solo man.
Nice name, btw, I've known a few people called Dallas...lovely girls every one of them. :boink:

moorey

call me Mia
So do it solo. It's a ripper of a course and a really well run event. And it's not in the middle of summer dummy. It's 2/3 the way through.
Yeah, but nah. I'm not ready for a 6hr solo quite yet. 6hrs socially, yep, 6hr under race conditions....I'm not good at pacing myself, and tend to overcook it.

sux2bu

Squid
Yeah I know Moorey! Every time I meet a girl called Dallas, she's like "NO WAY, my names Dallas!" & 30mins to 4hrs later, jobs done. So when you meet some one called Craig what do you say? Got dick?:fencing:

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah I know Moorey! Every time I meet a girl called Dallas, she's like "NO WAY, my names Dallas!" & 30mins to 4hrs later, jobs done. So when you meet some one called Craig what do you say? Got dick?:fencing:
Touché. Btw, one of my kids is called Quinn....50% chance you'd be wrong guessing gender. :crutch: