VIC 2014 InterWinter Series. 4 races 4 Clubs, May 4 / June 15 / July 13 / Aug 3

Pastavore

Eats Squid
That was a fun morning of racing. I didn't crash. I didn't come last. Happy.

I think the course changes compared to last year worked well.

And I assume that some re-grading of riders will occur for the next round?

moorey

call me Mia
I assume that some re-grading of riders will occur for the next round?
What do you mean? Surely its ok that the winner of B grade would have come 3rd in super D and 6th in the XCO in A grade? :noidea:
Thats just nit picking.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
What do you mean? Surely its ok that the winner of B grade would have come 3rd in super D and 6th in the XCO in A grade? :noidea:
Thats just nit picking.
And some of the top C graders were flying too.

I'm not trying to restart the great sand-bagging debate of 2013, just hoping that those that are "obviously" in the wrong grade get "corrected". Apart from issues of fairness, it just results in better racing in the grades.

moorey

call me Mia
And some of the top C graders were flying too.

I'm not trying to restart the great sand-bagging debate of 2013, just hoping that those that are "obviously" in the wrong grade get "corrected". Apart from issues of fairness, it just results in better racing in the grades.
2012, I think. Time does fly:whistle:

fletchog

Likes Dirt
Great day of racing. slippery rocks and roots a plenty. Snapped chain on 1st lap for a credible last in B grade.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Ok, so next up is You Yangs.

Would one of the GMBC crew be prepared to give a heads up of which tracks B Grade is likely to use?

I really, really, really, really, really need to get as much practice as I can.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
ride them all.

Ok, so next up is You Yangs.

Would one of the GMBC crew be prepared to give a heads up of which tracks B Grade is likely to use?

I really, really, really, really, really need to get as much practice as I can.
there is quite a bit of working going on at the youies at the moment so the options we are going to have are endless. So many great tracks coming on line. we will let you know as soon as we know but from memory last year we went up lactic in the pairs race and down Lactic for the XC, therefore i would suggest riding it both ways. Also farm yard will most likely be in and 2 and three as well.
Just ride everything as fast as you can.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
there is quite a bit of working going on at the youies at the moment so the options we are going to have are endless. So many great tracks coming on line. we will let you know as soon as we know but from memory last year we went up lactic in the pairs race and down Lactic for the XC, therefore i would suggest riding it both ways. Also farm yard will most likely be in and 2 and three as well.
Just ride everything as fast as you can.
Thanks, did multiple repeats of up Rockwell, down lactic yesterday. Will add some up lactic next time.

Is Farm Yard another name for quarry pit (track 5)? Can't find farm yard on the map.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
Farmyard.

Thanks!

No farm yard is not reverse of Boulder. I can almost give you a def. answer. we will not be riding up Boulder in reverse. Farm yard is the GMBC nick name for track 5.sorry for the confusion.

As the race village is at the start finish of both 5 and 2 then they will be in the inter winter.

if you ride the following tracks you should be covered.
5,2,3,11,4,6 and maybe 7 for A grade only.

disclaimer .nothing is confirmed yet so just go out and have FUN!

Whenever we put Cressy in a race we tend to have a lot of carnage because it is so fast, so probably not, Boulder probably not if it's likely to be wet,

this post is not ruling them out , but we didn't race on them last year but we did do Boulder the year before for A grade..

most current map link here http://gmbc.com.au/you-yangs

Pastavore

Eats Squid
No farm yard is not reverse of Boulder. I can almost give you a def. answer. we will not be riding up Boulder in reverse. Farm yard is the GMBC nick name for track 5.sorry for the confusion.

As the race village is at the start finish of both 5 and 2 then they will be in the inter winter.

if you ride the following tracks you should be covered.
5,2,3,11,4,6 and maybe 7 for A grade only.

disclaimer .nothing is confirmed yet so just go out and have FUN!

Whenever we put Cressy in a race we tend to have a lot of carnage because it is so fast, so probably not, Boulder probably not if it's likely to be wet,

this post is not ruling them out , but we didn't race on them last year but we did do Boulder the year before for A grade..

most current map link here http://gmbc.com.au/you-yangs
Thanks, that's my Sundays planned for the next few weeks.

I think RSClio was referring to track 5, he was just indicating a direction of travel.

akashra

Eats Squid
We're looking for a few helpers to come do some trail clearing at Mt Lofty this Saturday. If you're available, please let us know, or send me a PM/email for details. Quite happy if people want to go do a morning ride then come help us when they've figured out where the track blockages are ;)