VIC 2014 InterWinter Series. 4 races 4 Clubs, May 4 / June 15 / July 13 / Aug 3

Marx

Likes Dirt
For those of us who've entered the series, but are struck down by dibilitating disease, will we automatically graded to C grade for the other events?

moorey

call me Mia
For those of us who've entered the series, but are struck down by dibilitating disease, will we automatically graded to C grade for the other events?
I don't know, but don't see why you would, if you are normally a 'B' or 'A' rider. As far as I remember, most people are graded on their first race, but had the option to self nominate if entering later events. Don't quote me on that.

akashra

Eats Squid
No.

And if by some witchcraft you miss the first race and end up racing the remaining ones in a grade well below your abilities, we have rules to cover that - as do the MTBA tech regs.

Marx

Likes Dirt
No.

And if by some witchcraft you miss the first race and end up racing the remaining ones in a grade well below your abilities, we have rules to cover that - as do the MTBA tech regs.
No worries of that, the faster I ride the more often I crash.

Course Update Saturday 3 May 2014

We were out marking the loop this morning.
Besides a few small puddles. The 10km loop is looking really good.
I've attached a photo to show how clean both me and the bike ended up after riding the loop.

We're now riding about 75% singletrack and can all look forward to some fast racing tomorrow.

See you there.

Attachments

drfuentes

Likes Dirt
thanks bscc for a forceful event

Using the power of the dark side Moorey managed to hold off any rain. In fact mostly sunny for the the whole event.
Trail was in fantastic shape and has benefited from the continuing hardwork of all the BSCC committee. Couple of puddles and slimy roots on the first lap but all dry by lap three. Lots of new singletrack made the laps about 35 minutes added some flow. Bring on Castlemaine.

No mud fest Rishi!!

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
A good day

Stayed in Ballarat last night, driving up it was pouring rain, I was so concerned I nearly went home.
But Race day was clear and sunny just a bit cold, by lap 3 the track was great, pity the legs weren't.
Now all I need is results, does anyone know where they get posted.

moorey

call me Mia
They were posted up at rego 10 min after last rider came in, shouldn't be long before Paul gets them up online.
As others have said, track condition was fantastic. Couple of small puddles, which quickly settled in. Tracks were hard, tacky and grippy for the most part.
Big ups to all that helped out with track building, planning, running and setup/pack up. Too many to mention. Awesome venue, thanks Forest Resort.
As always, race director Paul Mathers roped his entire extended family in to register and Marshall. Nice one guys/girls.
Awesome work from the costume monkeys, it made the day. Everyone I spoke to loved the kids in Star Wars theme.
I wish I could take credit for more than a helping hand on the day, and wrangling the kids race. Fantastic day out, even if, once again, those tracks pummelled me.
Kids race results:
1st: some kid called Felix Moore
2nd: Nick Butler
3rd: Justin Butler
4th: Campbell Palmer
5th: Max Matthews.

Honourable mentions to:
Miranda and Sam Veal
Freya Palmer
Quinn Moore.

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Using the power of the dark side Moorey managed to hold off any rain. In fact mostly sunny for the the whole event.
Trail was in fantastic shape and has benefited from the continuing hardwork of all the BSCC committee. Couple of puddles and slimy roots on the first lap but all dry by lap three. Lots of new singletrack made the laps about 35 minutes added some flow. Bring on Castlemaine.

No mud fest Rishi!!
Impressive!!! :)
Miffed I won't make it for Castlemaine. Those trails are so much fun :)

Pastavore

Eats Squid
The tracks at Creswick are great. My legs were not. Amazed at how much climbing could be fitted into such a small space.

By far the most luxurious toilet facilities I have ever experience at a sporting event :)

The only downside was the offleash dog that left a landmine in the grass, that is now spread over my hiking boots and the carpet of my car. Grrrrrrrr.