VIC 2014 InterWinter Series. 4 races 4 Clubs, May 4 / June 15 / July 13 / Aug 3

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Results Up

Just seen the grading results and the series points are up on the GMBC website.

All you series entries can see where you are at, and get psyched for the next race.

Rocky Riders

Likes Bikes
Round Two: Back to the Pineys II (Castlemaine)

Hey Rotorburners,

The next Interwinter round will be in the (in)famous Castlemaine Pineys.

Following the success of last year, we’re sticking with the same format, comprising a 'Super D' followed by a traditional Olympic style lap based cross country race – and still all for the miserly price of $30 if you pre-enter.

We've extended the Super-D course, and we're mixing up the cross-country loop to keep things fresh and exciting.

Online $30 entries are now open at Entry Zone. Add $10 for on the day entries, plus $20 for a day licence if you don’t hold an MTBA licence.

More info can be found at http://www.rockyriders.com/interwinter

Back to the Pineys.jpg

Rocky Riders

Likes Bikes
Interwinter Course Pre-ride (Pineys)

We’re holding a pre-ride of the upcoming Castlemaine inter winter course this Sunday (tomorrow) departing from outside the Theatre Royal, Hargraves Street Castlemaine at 9am. Expect about a 2 hour ride duration.

Non-mtba members will need to purchase a $5 day-permit.

akashra

Eats Squid
No big deal if it's not available, but any chance you've got an elevation profile of the SD course?

sikaz

Squid
Dually or HT

Have never ridden there before, do I bring the Dually or HT, and how muddy does get down there?

Cheers

Rocky Riders

Likes Bikes
No big deal if it's not available, but any chance you've got an elevation profile of the SD course?
I'll ask around and see if any of the other members have one and if so, will post it here later today.

Have never ridden there before, do I bring the Dually or HT, and how muddy does get down there?

Cheers
Personally, if you have an XC or Trail style dually I would be bringing that, there are not too many smooth sections. There is barely any mud in the pine forest (even after heavy rain). It's a great MTB destination during the winter months!

adz

Likes Dirt
I'll ask around and see if any of the other members have one and if so, will post it here later today.

Personally, if you have an XC or Trail style dually I would be bringing that, there are not too many smooth sections. There is barely any mud in the pine forest (even after heavy rain). It's a great MTB destination during the winter months!
Can somebody please confirm that entries will be available on the day?

Cheers

Adz

mrbailey

Likes Bikes
Thanks Rocky Riders committee for organising a top day of racing. That's as sore and tired I've been after a race for a long, long time.

Last edited:

kbekus

Likes Dirt
yep, thankyou Castlemain MTB club, that was a great day. I really enjoyed the XC course even though it was pinchier than your Nan at Christmas after a few nips of sherry and more technically challenging than rubbing your belly while patting your head.

I gotta work on my skills though, my Super-D was terrible. Anyone got any skill to spare?

splinter1959

Likes Dirt
Good race

Not wet but very slippy, its a tough course, lucky I only had to do two laps.
Those A-grade guys are incredible, I got lapped half way round my second lap.
Well organised, thanks Castlemaine.