2016 UCI MTB World Cup Downhill

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
It's a very fine line between peanut butter slippery hell and dry and dusty up there, do hopefully 0-5mm is perfect........ I really really want it to be dry and fast
For sure, will be ludicrously fast if its dry!

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Around 2mm most days, one with a chance of 8mm and one at possibly 5mm. 8 would be wet but 2mm or so up there shouldn't be a drama. Can't see it being like 2014.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
It seriously chucked it down over the weekend but the skies are blue right now.

Looks like we'll get a total of 25mm of rain over the next week which is just perfect :)

http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/watl/rainfall/pme.jsp?ref=ftr
Well I think you should do a track report every day for us , maybe video and call it Hambocairns TV . This could be an awesome season of racing in the mens field . Looks like Rachel will toy with her competition all year just to give herself some excitement . I wonder if she`s allowed to race in the mens or thought about it ?

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Well I think you should do a track report every day for us , maybe video and call it Hambocairns TV . This could be an awesome season of racing in the mens field . Looks like Rachel will toy with her competition all year just to give herself some excitement . I wonder if she`s allowed to race in the mens or thought about it ?
Unfortunately I have a job and a family too so no chance! Plus I don't think they'd let me anywhere near the course :nerd:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm picking a first time world cup winner this Saturday and it'll be an Aussie. Actually, I reckon there'll be three Aussies in the top five and the other two will be Kiwi's so take that you Euro trash!

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, 2.30pm the Red Bull telecast will start.
Wow, good thing I found that out!

Saturday evening viewing for me as I'll be at Thredbo.

Hope it's not a slop feast like last time, it slowed the racing too much for my liking.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Hope it's not a slop feast like last time, it slowed the racing too much for my liking.
Me too. I actually had the airfares to Cairns in my basket to pay for but remembered the slop fest and thought how shit it would be spectating and I canned it. Typically, the forecast looks pretty good though!

HamboCairns

Wow, good thing I found that out!

Saturday evening viewing for me as I'll be at Thredbo.

Weather is lovely here right now! We're forecast to get no more than 25mm of rain over the next 7 days so the dirt should be magical :)

beejay

Likes Dirt
Weather is lovely here right now! We're forecast to get no more than 25mm of rain over the next 7 days so the dirt should be magical :)
+1.... Was riding Smithfield this afternoon and the trails are fantastic. Well packed down but not dry and dusty or sloppy mud like 2014. It's going to be a great weekend and I've just read that there will be twice as many teams competing than 2014 (35 in 2014, 65 in 2016) Gonna be huge!!!!!:whoo: :whoo: :whoo:

HamboCairns

+1.... Was riding Smithfield this afternoon and the trails are fantastic. Well packed down but not dry and dusty or sloppy mud like 2014. It's going to be a great weekend and I've just read that there will be twice as many teams competing than 2014 (35 in 2014, 65 in 2016) Gonna be huge!!!!!:whoo: :whoo: :whoo:
Happys and Cus Cus? I'd love to be out there right now!

4dabush

Likes Dirt
Based on the way the trails are holding up to the weather, I reckon it could be really interesting...raining here tonight 1.5km from the finish line...but been dry all day...bucketed down in town (17kms away) for a good 30 minutes this arvo which if was over the trails would make things "interesting".

My call is hero dirt for the bulk of the track if we continue to get intermittent showers- hopefully for the riders they all have similar race conditions and not showers during the race. HOWEVER, Alien Tree will take at least a day or two of dry to dry out, vines and above Ronnings Ramp have a couple of places that take a lot to dry out too. So it could be a 95% perfect fast track, with 5% being damp ground and wet roots...:rockon:

Remember, 2014 cyclone Ita came through the week before the event and soaked the region, and then we had the obligatory hanging on rainfall after - throughout the event from memory about 100mm in the week, enough to make any track a mess. Look at the lead up to Lourdes!

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Based on the way the trails are holding up to the weather, I reckon it could be really interesting...raining here tonight 1.5km from the finish line...but been dry all day...bucketed down in town (17kms away) for a good 30 minutes this arvo which if was over the trails would make things "interesting".

My call is hero dirt for the bulk of the track if we continue to get intermittent showers- hopefully for the riders they all have similar race conditions and not showers during the race. HOWEVER, Alien Tree will take at least a day or two of dry to dry out, vines and above Ronnings Ramp have a couple of places that take a lot to dry out too. So it could be a 95% perfect fast track, with 5% being damp ground and wet roots...:rockon:

Remember, 2014 cyclone Ita came through the week before the event and soaked the region, and then we had the obligatory hanging on rainfall after - throughout the event from memory about 100mm in the week, enough to make any track a mess. Look at the lead up to Lourdes!
Thanks for the insight, I hope you're right!

jarrod839

Banned
Weather forecast is looking pretty shit for the rest of the week so looks like it might be another slip n slide.glad i chose to not go this year and i don't know why they run the event so close to the end of the wet season.