2020 Norco Optic C1

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I can tell you though...with DH wheels, burly build, pedals and a drink bottle cage and tube strapped on, it’s a KG lighter than the Sight A1.
And the alloy Process range is considered very porky!

Norco's have always been quite flimsy in the rear end, so maybe this is how they addressed it.

moorey

call me Mia
And the alloy Process range is considered very porky!

Norco's have always been quite flimsy in the rear end, so maybe this is how they addressed it.
  1. They are indeed.
  2. I think you’re right. There were a few with issues. That said, they older 140mm rears definitely weren’t light either.

moorey

call me Mia
I have 2 questions about the optic...
  1. Why not make it 27.5/29 option like the Range and Sight?
  2. Why mount shock what I would consider upside down? Conventional wisdom was that the other way kept the seals lubed better. Plenty of room. My only though is that it allows a 2nd water bottle...but looks like a ton of room anyway.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
  2. Why mount shock what I would consider upside down? Conventional wisdom was that the other way kept the seals lubed better. Plenty of room. My only though is that it allows a 2nd water bottle...but looks like a ton of room anyway.
2- Allowance for a second bottle cage noting the bolts on the underside of the top tube. Not sure I would want one mounted there with the potential to snag it with a knee

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I am going to assume the bike designers are smart and considered it... It could make interference with the knees worse if pushed further forward???

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
  1. Short travel 27.5 sell poorly.
  2. Lower centre of gravity.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
FWIW I have been ringing around for either a c1 or 2 in Melb and I am now being told put a deposit down now, get it in March.. which will probably be April. Fk that.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I weighed the wheels complete (discs, cluster and tyres) on an accurate scale and with the MM up front I had 2072g, HD 2510g at the rear. Changed to HD front and Minion SS and got 2035/2407g so not terrible.
Went to fit the dropper remote and found that the cable outer wasn't installed correctly and was not attached at the seat post end which explains why there is so much extra cable outer hanging around the bars making a birds nest. I'll be fucked if I can get the outer in the right place though, doesn't want to go up the seat tube with the funky bend. Magura is going back on, fuck this cable shit!