301 liteville

mitchy_

Llama calmer
where did you get the air can from, i assume it's an EVOL one?

i've had a look but couldn't find them, only the Vorsprung Corset which i was just about to order.

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
Yes its evol air can .
local bike store ordered it in for me ( back in stock with fox aus apparently )

$160 fitted .

Any one know the air limit? On these

mitchy_

Llama calmer
still the same 300psi as before, i've seen a couple of people blow the seals apart running higher pressures with the Corset can.

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
Its all good i am 95 kg with out riding gear . I run a bike back pack spare tube water and lunch ,
will see how it goes
did the drive way bounce test so far so good

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
change

Post ride report

At first the ride up no change.

Then the ride down at first it was not so good then i mentioned to my ride buddy how it was good on intial shock travel ,then ramped up to firm towards the end of travel. and he then changed the rebound setting.

That's when it felt like a coil rear shock.
So it has turned a great shock to a greater shock two thums up.

Next ride will see if there are any heat ,fade issues.

Last edited:

DeBloot

Feeling old
Good bang for your buck really
I'm gonna give the Corset or the Evol a go
You using the 160 travel linkage?

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
Yes 160 mm travel.

So
Went for a spin again today .
After adjustment from yesterday setting i put to much air in .found that it was harsh and not getting full travel.
Should have taken my shock pump.
Dropped some air ,15 psi so at 30 % sag ? Now .

Seems to ramp up at end of travel never did that before, will see what happens next run.
So as the shock is tuned to the frame putting the evol air can messed up the co relationship from internally to new air sleeve?

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
What volume spacer is in there?

My 160mm XL had the second biggest spacer in there from the factory. Word on the interwebs (actually Vorsprung's web site) suggests that it might help to go down one volume spacer size.

So if you left the factory fitted spacer inside when the evol can went on, you might just need to step down a volume spacer size. Pm if you can't get one, I can send one back to Hobart with a mate (who also is a new 301 owner :llama:) in mid/late december.

I recently put the biggest volume reducer in mine, and it's helped at the end of the travel - I like it. But I'm kicking myself. I got a set of new seals for my standard air can, when I *could* have gone for the evol :/

Also - out of curiosity, are you running in trail or descend mode? I basically leave mine in trail 1 all the time, and flick it to descend if I'm riding with flats. For Hobart, I'd leave it in trail all the time. The 301 is a nice weapon for Hobart, I was there in August with mine :)

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
Hey cheers for that appreciate the opportunity.

As to climb trail descend , i use climb to get up to north south trail then flip to descend mode till i get to th end trail .
i imagine belbins ie Clarence trail mode would be best.
where did you ride ?

So i found out from Tom at lbs Cyclingo that i have .6 volume spacer ( which is the middle ),
we took that out all together. So no spacer atm ,to see how it went .
Also my bike is XL .

So fin work early took it for a run after pumping back up to 250 psi i am better set up . Still didnt use all the travel.i will do proper ride and see what it does.

So as Tom explained changing the air can has ment i am starting from new .
And almost might need reshimming or re tuneing to suit.
Was not expecting that

rtd

Likes Dirt
Anybody have info about Evol vs. Vorsprung cans? Considering one of these for a Blur TRC, just don't know which one.

Rich

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The air can mod seems like it is a lot of trouble. The RS Monarch Plus I fitted to my 301 has been set and forget from the second ride.

I've only ridden the Nth-Sth trail once, but I left the shock in the open setting without feeling like I was sacrificing anything in either direction.

...G...

Likes Bikes
Currently in Queenstown riding the Liteville, mainly gravity stuff (Skyline bike park, RudeRock, Skipper's Canyon, etc) but also some pedalling (Moke Lake loop). Not had any issues with the Vorsprung air sleeve. In fact, it's been awesome. Super plush compared to the standard air sleeve, especially for DH, through the braking bumps, etc.

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
G

Nice would be great to go there ☺

So i have worked out that i don't know what my rebound, high, low speed adjustment really do or in what sequence to setup.
After lots of you tube clips i worked it out.

this is what i concluded, and am working on front and rear

Set sag .
then adjust so you get full travel ( on a bit of trail )
45 psi forks
210 psi rear shock

Set rebound
using the push down on the bars method
3 clicks from fast - forks
4 clicks from fast - rear

Set high speed ( sharp square edges, bumps )
will be doing this weekend

Set slow speed ( pedal bob brake dive )
will be doing this weekend

Also read start with min full anti clockwise, then ride and increase to happy.

So never new enough and usually just guessed consequently made it all feel worse.

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
Eightyonespices hooked me up with a set of syntace vector 35 high bars , cheers.

So replacement for my old bars ,they are 12 deg sweep looking forward to trying them out.
suspension is well sorted now other than a replacement set forks which are on there way

Attachments