301 liteville

single-pivot

Likes Dirt

Nice one . Tuneing shocks will make huge difference for sure you lucky to have someone close .unfortunately in Tas good advice on tuneing is hard to find .
enjoy , will be like a new bike

single-pivot

Likes Dirt

So my ks lev dropper post died
And my xo trail brake burst lever seal kit

Replaced droper post with crc brand x dropper
my son has had one for 3_4 months and is going well.
And with 2 year warranty should be good.

Got quotes to fix sram and decide to upgrade to some hope tech3 v4
Problem solved

Attachments

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I recently bought the Brand X Ascend as well. Seems like a quality post. Also have Hope E4s, but everyone knows how good they are.

single-pivot

Likes Dirt

Yeah good choice on both parts .

What brake pads you running ?
I have set sintered and they are noisy, yet the organic ones are quiet

DeBloot

Feeling old
Have you ridden yours 26 both ends Igoy
How's the 650b front only compare?

I'm about to upgrade to 650b fork but keeping the wheels 26 for the time being

igoy

Likes Bikes
Have you ridden yours 26 both ends Igoy
How's the 650b front only compare?

I'm about to upgrade to 650b fork but keeping the wheels 26 for the time being
650b front only makes the HA more slacker by 1 deg, down to 65deg HA, which I like it on the rough descending, more stable and gives confident on the roll over, by the way I'm using a 26'er fork to keep the front end low. Going back to both 26 is now a bit awkward for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeBloot

Feeling old
Interesting - Thanks mate :rockon:

Based on the approximate values given in the config

26'' fork with 26'' wheels - HA 66.3/ BB 330.5mm/ WB 1172.1mm/ STA 74.7
650B fork with 26'' wheels - HA 66/ BB 332.7mm/ WB 1183.5mm/ STA 74.4
650B fork with 650B front wheel - HA 65.5/ BB 336.4mm/ WB 1183.5mm/ STA 73.9

Don't know if i'd notice these subtle changes?

Last edited:

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
nice reads about all the different setups! Mine is feeling neglected... Still running pretty much it's original build. Although, it says a lot that two years in (with appropriate maintenance) I still get excited every time I chuck a leg over it.

I stopped dropping chains - dialed my rebound a couple clicks slower. I also realised I can fit a 9point8 175mm dropper - or maybe 200mm dropper if I slam it (XL frame, 187cm rider) - closest I'll get to to an eightpins setup for a while (http://www.pinkbike.com/news/eightpins-integrated-dropper-post-first-ride-2016.html). So I have a savings goal :)

I reckon the 301 is hugely under-rated as a trail thrasher/generally go and have heaps of fun bike. Lots better value than a lot of other frames too.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nice reads about all the different setups! Mine is feeling neglected... Still running pretty much it's original build. Although, it says a lot that two years in (with appropriate maintenance) I still get excited every time I chuck a leg over it.

I stopped dropping chains - dialed my rebound a couple clicks slower. I also realised I can fit a 9point8 175mm dropper - or maybe 200mm dropper if I slam it (XL frame, 187cm rider) - closest I'll get to to an eightpins setup for a while (http://www.pinkbike.com/news/eightpins-integrated-dropper-post-first-ride-2016.html). So I have a savings goal :)

I reckon the 301 is hugely under-rated as a trail thrasher/generally go and have heaps of fun bike. Lots better value than a lot of other frames too.
The 301 is a great bike. It is an excellent allrounder and pretty lightweight. 5 years on my Mk 9 it's still a great bike but it's time to it on. That's 2 years longer than I normally hold onto a bike so to me that says how good I think it is. I would have gone for another one but I wanted to try carbon.

DeBloot

Feeling old
The 301 is a great bike. It is an excellent allrounder and pretty lightweight. 5 years on my Mk 9 it's still a great bike but it's time to it on. That's 2 years longer than I normally hold onto a bike so to me that says how good I think it is. I would have gone for another one but I wanted to try carbon.
After 3 years finally had the dough to upgrade from 32mm RS Revelation and Fox CTD
To RS Pike and RS Monarch Plus - picking the bike up tomoz all tuned up for me

Interesting that you found the upgrade to the Pike from the Marz made it like a new bike
I'm hoping that I find the same thing at both ends

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
Don't be shy post 301 liteville pictures up ☺

Happy to see more fine steeds .
Here she is, in her natural environment... far from anyplace :)

IMG_20170101_091538313.jpg

301 mk11 XL 160mm, Stan's Flow EX/Hope pro2, Xfusion sweep RC HLR, Xfusion strate dropper, syntace bars, formula Rx stoppers, SRAM X01/XX1 go bits.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My Mk 9 140mm.

It's been through a few different builds and is different now again to what's pictured.