a few pics from today

butchapalooza

Likes Dirt
Straight over the only shaped, due to multiple hits against the coping, head.....

A split shin wont be you a dummy or make kid no dad :tsk:
ive never hit my head on the coping, i did slam on a wooden ramp end of last year resulting in me landing on the back of my head from the top of the ramp i was knocked out but only for a few seconds

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
ive never hit my head on the coping, i did slam on a wooden ramp end of last year resulting in me landing on the back of my head from the top of the ramp i was knocked out but only for a few seconds
Can we confirm, this was without a helmet wasn't it?

Being knocked out, even for a few seconds, or concussed is now classed as a brain injury, there is currently a push for all amateur sports (orgonised - typically court or field sports) in which this happens to require thorough medical investigation.

Guessing you went home for some beers and blazing.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
:whistle:

Are you for fucking real? If this is not a troll, then you are fucking retarded, and a helmet now would be putting a band aid on a severed leg......

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I had my first knock out on the bike a few months back, I have no doubt that my helmet saved me from it being much worse. It wasn't a particularly epic crash and I have definitely had more spectacular but the side of my head came down and hit the stem with the two top stem bolts leaving a puncture in my helmet almost 10mm deep... if that had of been my skull I am certain they would have smashed through it. My crash was on a set of dirt jumps that I ride frequently my point here is that your head doesn't always hit the ground first.

butchapalooza

Likes Dirt
Can we confirm, this was without a helmet wasn't it?

Being knocked out, even for a few seconds, or concussed is now classed as a brain injury, there is currently a push for all amateur sports (orgonised - typically court or field sports) in which this happens to require thorough medical investigation.

Guessing you went home for some beers and blazing.
yeah no helmet
i actualy felt fine straight afer the accident kept skating for about 30 mins. it wasnt till i was about 5 mins from home i started to feel extemely dizzy and sick like i was going to spew i actualy went home and let someone know what had happened and asked if they could keep a eye on me for the rest of the night

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
yeah no helmet
i actualy felt fine straight afer the accident kept skating for about 30 mins. it wasnt till i was about 5 mins from home i started to feel extemely dizzy and sick like i was going to spew i actualy went home and let someone know what had happened and asked if they could keep a eye on me for the rest of the night
While I admit going to ED is a pain in the arse.

It's well worth it especially if showing symptoms as nausea, vertigo... hemorrhages, if mild can take hours to build up and kill you while you sleep. Often happens from king hits and regularly from sports impacts.

binner

Hath shat hymself
A good read

Entertaining and very thought provoking. Let me throw this in to all of you telling this guy to wear a helmet. I was down the coast a lot over the xmas break and was amazed at how many people riding bikes on the roads and bike paths around Kirra, cooli and Byron were not wearing helmets.....fuck man,I would say 98%of people were not wearing helmets. Would you walk up to them and tell them to put a helmet on or to get off the road and that your taxes go towards them to be fixed up if they have an accident?. Or that they should get off the bike and walk it?. I doubt you would.Im all for protection on a bike or skateboard but I didn't feel the need to yell from my car or stop them and tell them it's not kosher.
Bottom line, wether it be a troll or he's serious, the guy chose not to wear a helmet, just like you or I chose not to put your seat belt on when you moved your car around the block, or rode your pub bike home drunk one nite ( I'm sure plenty of you guys have done it in the past). So bad call on his part but he is fine with the call and the consequences. Tell him once and then move on.

Sheesh........:behindsofa::yield:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I was down the coast a lot over the xmas break and was amazed at how many people riding bikes on the roads and bike paths around Kirra, cooli and Byron were not wearing helmets.....fuck man,I would say 98%of people were not wearing helmets. Would you walk up to them and tell them to put a helmet on
Yup, and I have, I have waited for knobs parked in disabled and pram bays, to give them a serve too.

Once I even got out at a set of lights, took the keys from the ignition of the car in front of me, and tossed them I n the storm water drain. I then helped the jackarse push his car to the kerb, before unloading on him for having his <3 year old jumping around in the back of the station wagon while he drove merrily along........

Moral of the story? I'm a self-righteous cunt.

binner

Hath shat hymself
Well done

Yup, and I have, I have waited for knobs parked in disabled and pram bays, to give them a serve too.

Once I even got out at a set of lights, took the keys from the ignition of the car in front of me, and tossed them I n the storm water drain. I then helped the jackarse push his car to the kerb, before unloading on him for having his <3 year old jumping around in the back of the station wagon while he drove merrily along........

Sorry, I was talking about bike riders as is the content of the thread. Note taken though.:encouragement:

butchapalooza

Likes Dirt

i would like to see you try tell me off lol (.IN REAL LIFE.)

butchapalooza

Likes Dirt
If you think implied threats would give me pause, yer simpler than I gave you credit for. L O L (.OR JUST FANTASY)
that fact you have been commenting on this all day proves you dont get out the house much lol
and how did i threaten you ? your all talk classic keyboard warrior

butchapalooza

Likes Dirt
Get out of the 80s man nobody uses a keyboard anymore

next time you pass by frankston go to the skatepark and tell everyone they need to wear a helmet would be funny to see what happens too you. lol plenty of bmx guy,s ride there without helmets. even try doing it at your local then post a video of how big and brave you are