All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Scotty675

Cable thief
May have missed this but; what pads do they use - compatible with anything mainstream?
I’m not sure. I literally opened them for a look and put them in the cupboard. I’ve forwarded them to another burner to try so I can’t check for you unfortunately

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
A few recent purchases of mine:

Riding shorts. EU size chart. Lightweight, fit is true to size, I ordered XL though I probably could've gone L as the XL waist fit in not snug and I will most likely wear a belt next ride out.

received_799999318378397.jpeg

received_283372341021448.jpeg
received_644420401079074.jpeg

Roady shorts to wear under the above shorts. Asia sizes, I ordered 4XL. Fit is good. Pretty comfortable.

Long sleeve riding tops. I would usually wear an Aussie XL as I like a loose fit. I ordered these in XXL.

THE XXL is more of an Aussie L than an Aussie XL. Still they are comfortable, light and breathable.

Also whilst perusing Ali I came across this replacement derailleur cage (not really marketed as an extended cage though). I thought that looks like a garbaruk copy. So I bought one. All I can say is if it is a copy it is a very good one...

received_175190468870878.jpeg

I bought another 11speed "sunshine" cassette to go with the derailleur cage this time a 11-50t. Haven't got a link for this one as it says not available anymore. It was from JH OUTDOOR Store though.

Screenshot_20230704_121338.jpg

I have since fitted the extended cage and 11-50t sunshine cassette and it works as advertised at least just riding around the backyard, proper ride test will be Thursday hopefully.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I bought my boys a few of the fharco tops a while back. Complete ripoffs but $18 is better than putting a hole in a $80 top.
I just had a look and yeah wow, they look very close indeed. Either that, or they've just ripped the imagery straight from the DHARCO site. They certainly have with some of the on body shots on some sellers!

How do they compare in real life @ozzybmx? Look/feel the same/similar, or very much noticeable? Not for me as I seem to have a wardrobe of kit that never gets smaller, and I've decided to wear it all out before buying any more, but my 4yr old daughter goes through clothes every few months just from growing!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I just had a look and yeah wow, they look very close indeed. Either that, or they've just ripped the imagery straight from the DHARCO site. They certainly have with some of the on body shots on some sellers!

How do they compare in real life @ozzybmx? Look/feel the same/similar, or very much noticeable? Not for me as I seem to have a wardrobe of kit that never gets smaller, and I've decided to wear it all out before buying any more, but my 4yr old daughter goes through clothes every few months just from growing!
They are fine, I own 1 long and 1 short fharco myself. No mesh panels on the sides or pocket but similar otherwise.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I couldn't tell you, sorry. I don't own anything matchmaker. Would be cool if they are!
I'm testing a set that @Scotty675 lent me and the answer re matchmaker is... not really. I'll do a full review soon but as much as they look like they should fit matchmaker, and as much as you can kinda make it work sort of, it is not a good connection and creates uneven pressure in the clamping.

That was just the matchmaker clamp and one brake. The other clamp I tried was also running the shifter and for whatever reason, I couldn't get it to work with the brake at all.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I'm testing a set that @Scotty675 lent me and the answer re matchmaker is... not really. I'll do a full review soon but as much as they look like they should fit matchmaker, and as much as you can kinda make it work sort of, it is not a good connection and creates uneven pressure in the clamping.

That was just the matchmaker clamp and one brake. The other clamp I tried was also running the shifter and for whatever reason, I couldn't get it to work with the brake at all.
Ta mate, would have been amazing if they were MMX compatible, but can't have everything for that cheap!