Another day another collarbone

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How’s the recovery going?
Going ok thanks mate, back to see the doc tomorrow and the first physio (by video) on Thursday.
Pretty comfortable, but as you know I'm sure, doing everything one handed with my opposite hand is getting very old.

Interesting start to the week though lol.
I stopped the harder pain meds on Saturday night and only one Panadole on the Sunday morning, was feeling good.
Slept Sunday night with full intentions to get up Monday morning and get a bit of work done.

Get up Monday morning and into the shower, half way through start feeling dizzy/faint. Neal down to gather myself before thinking, shit I better try and get out of here and sit down.
I get the water off and the screen door open and step out, before promptly dropping like a sack of shit, face planting the door and floor on the way down lol.

Next thing I come to with the door being opened into my back by my wife, I had blocked the door as I fell lol.
I dragged myself out of the way, but took a good few minutes before she could help me up and back to the bed for a lie down.

Not sure what might have caused it, coming off the pain meds or dehydrated or something.
But was feeling good again by the end of the day, and been fine since.
Luckily I fell to my right side and not onto my fixed side.

Split my forehead and also in my right eyebrow lol

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Going ok thanks mate, back to see the doc tomorrow and the first physio (by video) on Thursday.
Pretty comfortable, but as you know I'm sure, doing everything one handed with my opposite hand is getting very old.

I stopped the harder pain meds on Saturday night and only one Panadole on the Sunday morning, was feeling good.
Slept Sunday night with full intentions to get up Monday morning and get a bit of work done.

Get up Monday morning and into the shower, half way through start feeling dizzy/faint. Neal down to gather myself before thinking, shit I better try and get out of here and sit down.
I get the water off and the screen door open and step out, before promptly dropping like a sack of shit, face planting the door and floor on the way down lol.

Next thing I come to with the door being opened into my back my my wife, I had blocked the door as I fell lol.
I dragged myself out of the way, but took a good few minutes before she could help me up and back to the bed for a lie down.

Not sure what might have caused it, coming off the pain meds or dehydrated or something.

Split my forehead and also in my left eyebrow lol

View attachment 366305

Shower stools save lives. Perfect place for a have a shower beer, and if you feel like your gonna faint, you have a place to sit that isn’t an undignified swan dive onto the floor.

Lucky you hit the good side!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse

Next thing I come to with the door being opened into my back my my wife, I had blocked the door as I fell lol.

View attachment 366305
yikes... Yeah, i got a bit whoozy here and there too. drugs and system shock and dehydration and general weakness etc etc all add up i suspect. We have the shower over bath thing and kirsty got me a anti slip mat for it - biggest fail from fainting would be re breaking the bone...

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Here’s to our wives & partners for putting up with our smashed body outcomes.

They really do put up with a lot!
I have a mate who had operations on both wrists. Couldn't use his hands for weeks.
Cutting food, washing, opening anything.. toilet duties....

The magic would get tested during that time.
My wife just said we'd hire home help and the cost be damned.

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Here’s to our wives & partners for putting up with our smashed body outcomes.

They really do put up with a lot!
And Mums lol... #singleblokeproblems

Luckily I was still able to wash and dress myself, just struggled with cooking and washing up because I couldn't handle the weight of the saucepans initially, and chopping up veggies takes forever one-handed!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I have a mate who had operations on both wrists. Couldn't use his hands for weeks.
Cutting food, washing, opening anything.. toilet duties....

The magic would get tested during that time.
My wife just said we'd hire home help and the cost be damned.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

Next thing I come to with the door being opened into my back by my wife, I had blocked the door as I fell lol.

View attachment 366305
You call that going ok?

I hate to think what your crap days are like.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just got back from seeing the Doc, is very happy with progress so far.
Another couple of days and dressing can come off wound, just had the ends of stitch trimmed today. And can then slowly lose the sling after seeing physio on Thursday.

Got to see what the cut and shut job looks like for the first time.

Before

Last edited:

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yikes... Yeah, i got a bit whoozy here and there too. drugs and system shock and dehydration and general weakness etc etc all add up i suspect. We have the shower over bath thing and kirsty got me a anti slip mat for it - biggest fail from fainting would be re breaking the bone...
Have you got any more news on when you might finally be able to have your op?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sounds like good progress. Tha scar will look nice and neat for a few weeks after the stitches come out...then you'll bulk back up a little once back on the bike. Mine looks like a hooker's pussy these days. Because of how jacked I am...