Any Zwifters out there?

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Yet to give it a proper go in anger as this chest infection has been hanging around... Maybe it's long COVID...

Either way I'm 100w down on FTP at the moment and peak my HR with little effort so having to settle for whatever my heart rate will allow.

Being 8-10kg heavier than race weight isn't helping the w/kg equation either.

My top tip is to manage effort for the first ~60%.

Don't get excited when you see "half way" written on the road.... It's a lie

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
My best is 63.53, couldn't beat the moose marker.
I was feeling pretty good that day and went hard from the start.
Weight on Zwift was 85kg on this attempt.

In the following months I went down to 82kg... then the beers became more frequent again. Back at the 85kg mark again.

It needs to be a solid effort all the way as you won't be able to make up time in the final sections.

fdggdfhfd.jpg

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I've done the ADZ twice, once on a workout (SST which had a rest break in the middle) in ergo mode and then had a proper shot at it a week later. Got my sub60 and haven't been back there since. I think any further milestone time (e.g. sub55) would be out of reach unless I drop a few kegs.

1676943459313.png

I should do the Ventoux but it is like 90 minutes I think (?) so more of a commitment.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
My best is 63.53, couldn't beat the moose marker.
I was feeling pretty good that day and went hard from the start.
Weight on Zwift was 85kg on this attempt.

In the following months I went down to 82kg... then the beers became more frequent again. Back at the 85kg mark again.

It needs to be a solid effort all the way as you won't be able to make up time in the final sections.

View attachment 397225
You've just had some weight cut out, so will be a veritable mountain goat. Might have to give you one of those Basque middle names, to celebrate the procedure.

Ozzy Intxausti Bmx just rolls off the tongue.

ozzybmx

You've just had some weight cut out, so will be a veritable mountain goat. Might have to give you one of those Basque middle names, to celebrate the procedure.

Ozzy Intxausti Bmx just rolls off the tongue.
I believe the little cancer ridden walnut weighs all of 30g :rolleyes:

I'll get it under an hour at some stage. Might make that my recovery goal.

rockmoose

Is weight doping still a big thing in the Zwift community? nothing much to stop people doing it, I would have thought.
Yes. Mixmaster doping seems to have calmed down of late though. I think zwift might have gone in and done a sweep with the ban hammer.

rockmoose

But, having said that, I think those that weight dope, are being a bit more fluid with it now. The software makes light weight quite a hindrance on the flat and downhills.

ozzybmx

Is weight doping still a big thing in the Zwift community? nothing much to stop people doing it, I would have thought.
At the start, I didn't even think about it. The Yoinker and I shared a free account, I was riding at his weight and doing really well :p

Added 30kg when I was made aware... been like anchor around my neck ever since.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
You get pro blokes like Pidcock who weigh sub 60...
Sub hour at less than 200w...

He's been documented to have an FTP of at least 6.7 (388w).

43 minutes up ADH after completing two other HC climbs when he won the tour stage....

rockmoose

At the start, I didn't even think about it. The Yoinker and I shared a free account, I was riding at his weight and doing really well

Added 30kg when I was made aware... been like anchor around my neck ever since.
The software has improved for you now. Apparently it's only the 5%+ inclines where you will feel like that. Anything else, they have vastly improved for hefty specimens.

I think it's to help increase subscriptions. Make all those lardy muricans feel like superstars.

rockmoose

You get pro blokes like Pidcock who weigh sub 60...
Sub hour at less than 200w...

He's been documented to have an FTP of at least 6.7 (388w).

43 minutes up ADH after completing two other HC climbs when he won the tour stage....
That was a fantastic stage. He really shocked shit out of the full roadie crew that day. The lad is phenomenal.