Any Zwifters out there?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Are those on PC running Bluetooth 5 or ant
Bluetooth for Power Source, Cadence and Controllable.

ANT+ for HR.

I bought a Wahoo dual HRM and was running it on Bluetooth but the Zwiftalizer program showed the 4 x BT connections were not as stable as the trainer connection only on BT and the HRM on ANT+.

Make sure and check on your connection screen before starting that they are on the right setting.

I believe (been a while) its my cadence that tries to start on ANT+ automatically every time I start it. I then manually select it to BT.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Bluetooth for Power Source, Cadence and Controllable.

ANT+ for HR.

I bought a Wahoo dual HRM and was running it on Bluetooth but the Zwiftalizer program showed the 4 x BT connections were not as stable as the trainer connection only on BT and the HRM on ANT+.

Make sure and check on your connection screen before starting that they are on the right setting.

I believe (been a while) its my cadence that tries to start on ANT+ automatically every time I start it. I then manually select it to BT.
Shouldn't your trainer do control, Power and cadence all in one stream?

ozzybmx

Shouldn't your trainer do control, Power and cadence all in one stream?
Makes sense. I make sure it is doing all in one connection.

If I didn't have 2 connections it might just pick BT. Each of the 4 items can be selected to run on whatever sensor you want. Just hit unpair and you can select the connection.

I have done a ride or two in the past were the cadence felt slow to react and found it was on ANT+.

This stuff just doesn't work 100% from go... I reckon we all have had a bit of a trial and error battle.

images (3).jpeg

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Makes sense. I make sure it is doing all in one connection.

If I didn't have 2 connections it might just pick BT. Each of the 4 items can be selected to run on whatever sensor you want. Just hit unpair and you can select the connection.
Have you tried using your phone companion app as the bridge? I loosely assume this wouldn't require your PC to have bt or ant, just be on the same network...

But I also assume this would lag

ozzybmx

Have you tried using your phone companion app as the bridge? I loosely assume this wouldn't require your PC to have bt or ant, just be on the same network...

But I also assume this would lag
I use the companion app while riding to give ride-ons and track gaps/riders.
Think the apple TV guys can only run 3 BT connections max so if they need a 4th, they need to use the app as #4.

Yes the zwift program must be run off the same WiFi network as your phone to sync the program to the app. Meaning it will work as the 4th BT connection.
Not sure if you can run the zwift program and the use you phone on the companion app for all connections.

ozzybmx

Unless you use an Apple TV.
True, but why settle for Apple TV graphics when 4k is available, the crisp shadows, the butterflies, the snow flurries, the muscle definition on my virtual shaven legs...

A few have only went Apple after the headache and to be honest, I was nearly there too.

ozzybmx

Yeah, but it fake, faker and fakest. Computers can be annoying. But, yes generally higher performing / higher maintenance.
I purposely built a computer to run Zwift, well it was an old one that I upgraded. New graphics card, new SSD, new BT and wifi card and then Zwift didnt get along with it.

Then spent another load of cash on powered USB leads, 10m HDMI, BT5 Dongle and plugged it into my main computer, running the 40" screen as screen #2, now works like a dream.

Probably wasted 2 months on faffing and about $500 to get where I am now. Tapping out and getting an Apple TV was on the cards several times.

ausdb

Being who he is
True, but why settle for Apple TV graphics when 4k is available, the crisp shadows, the butterflies, the snow flurries, the muscle definition on my virtual shaven legs...

A few have only went Apple after the headache and to be honest, I was nearly there too.
A while ago you were preaching apple TV was the only way to go?