Anyone in Brisbane! Come for a ride! Mountain bike peleton!

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
mmm may aswell, might be able to bring a few more people

about the air horn, most definitley, a ratio of 1 air horn between 2 riders, or vise versa.

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
"Lot of effort for nothing":confused::mad::D Putting the shits up road riders is one of the greatest things a human being can do:p. Plus going for a ride with a whole bunch of freek'n cool people such as myself:rolleyes:..... can't go wrong. :cool:

Now i'm going for the record for the most little face things in one post. :rolleyes:
PJ you big squid.
Your coming =]

I myself do have a road bike and used to cycle a lot but havent since i broke my arm and got the cast off about 2 weeks ago... Im not even ment to ride for another 4 weeks but you know, noones perfect =]

Air horn sounds good except i think that could get us in a bit of a pickle. However im agreeing with niki, seriously PJ, a downhill peleton, that means lots and lots of downhill bikes in a group pedalling around.

Also niki, i think you beat the record for smileys. Hmm, im considering asking for people to put their age up so i know how old the people are who are coming cos im 15 and it could be weird if theres roughly 50 (im hoping) people much older then me. All im saying is it would be good to have a few people my age too =]

So, 16 people... sounds ok, but not good enough.
We need more!

pinned--->

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don’t know if I will. It sounds kind of stupid. Ill see how I feel when its closer.

And tripper, no offence. But shut up about your arm. I broke my wrist and rode while it was broken, and the same week I got the cast off. Then i broke my ankle and rode with the cast, and a week after I got it off, and recently had a cast off too, rode rough DH 2 days after.

Last edited:

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
mmm may aswell, might be able to bring a few more people

about the air horn, most definitley, a ratio of 1 air horn between 2 riders, or vise versa.
andrew22
chuckies_here
niki125
blackjack, because im telling him to come, he has no choice
pinned---> might be pulling out... =0
h_foundation
Sahba
Greg bris
________ Greg bris's friend
_________ Gred bris's friend
Me
norco01 - aka lewis
George
Will
Frank
AJ
Stringbean
Beaty
_______ Beaty's friend
________ Beaty's friend

So whats that...
19 - 20 people...
Ok i guess...
Still need more though, much more =]

Air horns sound good but it could bring too much publicity, this really isnt a thing i want people to get too pissed off about cos i really dont want cops coming along and blaming the poor helpless 15 year old kid =]

Also pinned...
Dont be so judgemental... If you wanna get up me, PM me. Dont do it here. Im sure the brake in my arm was very different to your brakes if you were riding hard downhill soon after...

Last edited:

niki125

Likes Dirt
PJ you big squid.
Your coming =]

I myself do have a road bike and used to cycle a lot but havent since i broke my arm and got the cast off about 2 weeks ago... Im not even ment to ride for another 4 weeks but you know, noones perfect =]

Air horn sounds good except i think that could get us in a bit of a pickle. However im agreeing with niki, seriously PJ, a downhill peleton, that means lots and lots of downhill bikes in a group pedalling around.

Also niki, i think you beat the record for smileys. Hmm, im considering asking for people to put their age up so i know how old the people are who are coming cos im 15 and it could be weird if theres roughly 50 (im hoping) people much older then me. All im saying is it would be good to have a few people my age too =]

So, 16 people... sounds ok, but not good enough.
We need more!

15, that's pretty good to be organising something like this. Let alone coming up with the idea. I'm sure this event will attract a good mix of people of all ages, it'll bring out the young one in every one.

By the way, i'm just ragging on the road riders cause it's fun. Don't actually have anything against them, used to do a bit myself as well as race cruisers so i'm probably being a bit hypocritical. :eek: .......

Nah f*ck it they wear Lycra:confused:

niki125

Likes Dirt
I don’t know if I will. It sounds kind of stupid. Ill see how I feel when its closer.

And tripper, no offence. But shut up about your arm. I broke my wrist and rode while it was broken, and the same week I got the cast off. Then i broke my ankle and rode with the cast, and a week after I got it off, and recently had a cast off too, rode rough DH 2 days after.

Of course it's kinda stupid.... but it's in a way that makes you feel good inside. Doing something that you're not supposed to always does. Freek'n get on board, it'll be a great day/ morning.

Ps. I agree with tripper, the air horns may be a little over the top, 50 Dh/ FR rigs riding along a public road is going to draw enough attention as it is.

pinned--->

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also pinned...
Don’t be so judgemental... If you wanna get up me, PM me. Don’t do it here. I’m sure the brake in my arm was very different to your brakes if you were riding hard downhill soon after...
I completely snapped my ankle bone.... Its worse now then when i broke it.... I need surgery and shouldn’t be doing anything hard on it.

I still ride.. I don’t brag about it...

Not having a go at you, just saying.

Only reason I might pull out is because I’m a fat shit when it comes to hills. I hate them and they hate me. So does my asthma. :(

beaty

Likes Dirt
oihhhh. So is gregBris bringing two people...Because my name managed to dissapear from this list awefully quick. And im bringing two mates....so yea...

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
15, that's pretty good to be organising something like this. Let alone coming up with the idea. I'm sure this event will attract a good mix of people of all ages, it'll bring out the young one in every one. :
Aha, thankyou. Thats what I was semi-thinking, thought it might make some people happy and bring out a young person inside? :confused: whats not to be happy about when your with a bunch of DH riders in the middle of a main road?

Nah f*ck it they wear Lycra:confused:
Thats got to be the funniest thing I've heard all day. Or atleast one of the most.

Lycra is a mighty weird thing to wear in my opinion.

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
I completely snapped my ankle bone.... Its worse now then when i broke it.... I need surgery and shouldn’t be doing anything hard on it.

I still ride.. I don’t brag about it...

Not having a go at you, just saying.

Only reason I might pull out is because I’m a fat shit when it comes to hills. I hate them and they hate me. So does my asthma. :(
I dont think many of the riders who are coming are gonna like hills much. Who likes hills on DH bikes? seriously...

Im not bragging about it, its being used as an excuse if i appear to do something retarded on the day =]

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
Ahh, some day we'll look back at the great Ritalin drought of 2008 and laugh...

Isnt Ritalin a drug that chills you out?
Im not sure but thats what is in my head at the moment.
If it is that drug that calms you down etc. It also burns your stomach out =]

Cooch

Likes Dirt
I'm in!!

This sounds fabulous!

We definately need to hit a cafe at the end of the ride, in true peleton fashion. Full faces and armour also a must - so maybe wait till the weather cools a little!

Park Road as a start / finish would be sweet if you really want to make a statement!

We could ride up Coot-tha and then do the Powerful Owl Fire Road back down - that would be a rush going down that with 49 other riders :D We could then head towards Paddo and all rip down Given Tce - imagine seeing that!! Then a street "Townhilling" session to Park Road - oh fark - Woo Hoo!!!

Put me on the list!! I'll also try and get about another 6 to 10 riders from my posse :p

Last edited:

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
This sounds fabulous!

We definately need to hit a cafe at the end of the ride, in true peleton fashion. Full faces and armour also a must - so maybe wait till the weather cools a little!

Park Road as a start / finish would be sweet if you really want to make a statement!

We could ride up Coot-tha and then do the Powerful Owl Fire Road back down - that would be a rush going down that with 49 other riders :D We could then head towards Paddo and all rip down Given Tce - imagine seeing that!! Then a street "Townhilling" session to Park Road - oh fark - Woo Hoo!!!

Put me on the list!! I'll also try and get about another 6 to 10 riders from my posse :p
Fark yeah! iam in:D

wagon boy

Likes Dirt
sign me up, I'm not a downhiller, well, I guess I'd be hard pressed calling myself a cyclist but I like to ride bikes... Might be able to get a few mates in too

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
Well this is certainly going well
Cooch, thankyou for coming along, big thanks for trying to get another 6-10 riders to come along =]

So heres the list

andrew22
chuckies_here
niki125
blackjack, because im telling him to come, he has no choice
pinned---> might be pulling out... =0
h_foundation
Sahba
Greg bris
________ Greg bris's friend
_________ Gred bris's friend
Me
norco01 - aka lewis
George
Will
Frank
AJ
Stringbean
Beaty
_______ Beaty's friend
________ Beaty's friend
Cooch
_______ Cooch's friend
_______ ''
________ "
________ "
_______ "
_______"
_______"
________"
_________"
_________"
SmokedHam
06Nomad
Wagon Boy
________ Wagon boys friend
________ Wagon boys friend
_______ Wagon boys friend

So whats that?
So far at least it'll be 31 people... At the most it will be 36...
This is getting pretty good. We only need about 24 more, or if you wanna make it real big 34 more =0

Tell All Your Friends Aye?

Goodo =]
Cheers All.
Thanks to all the people who are coming along already =]

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
Iam part of Cooch's six so is Nomad06, but we have others & we will get back to you with numbers. Cheers. Oh & by the way, we will all be away DHing @ Mt Buller the weekend of the 22nd & 23rd, so don' t make it then.

niki125

Likes Dirt
Freek'n love how this thing is gathering momentum now. Good to see heaps of people getting on board.
The Coothar thing is in my opinion a great idea...
  1. It's central; so people from all around can come and get in on it
  2. It's got a BIG f*ck off hill to ride down to to get the blood pumping, weather we do it on dirt or road.
  3. It's close to the park road Cafe scene where all the roadies and yuppies hang out.
  4. The ride to Park road from Coothar is pretty flat, so the heavy rigs won't struggle to much.
It's the freek'n Balls people. Get on Board and get your mates.

Ps. Any more word on getting that article and the photographer. Who's friends with the all mighty admins?:D