Anyone in Brisbane! Come for a ride! Mountain bike peleton!

chuckies_here

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Freek'n love how this thing is gathering momentum now. Good to see heaps of people getting on board.
The Coothar thing is in my opinion a great idea...
  1. It's central; so people from all around can come and get in on it
  2. It's got a BIG f*ck off hill to ride down to to get the blood pumping, weather we do it on dirt or road.
  3. It's close to the park road Cafe scene where all the roadies and yuppies hang out.
  4. The ride to Park road from Coothar is pretty flat, so the heavy rigs won't struggle to much.
It's the freek'n Balls people. Get on Board and get your mates.

Ps. Any more word on getting that article and the photographer. Who's friends with the all mighty admins?:D
Excatally why we should go to cootha.

blackjack

Likes Bikes and Dirt
all i no is i hope you all have decent brakes, because if your planning to come down at any speed, you have to stop then turn right down past the botanic gardens, and trust me your not going to get 50 downhill bikes through there without stopping, its just not going to happen. or joey, you could get your dad to stand there and block traffic while we come through. if thats sorted you can count me in

Greg_bris

Likes Bikes
Nope just me.... Will try and get another person or 2 but just me.....:confused:

oihhhh. So is gregBris bringing two people...Because my name managed to dissapear from this list awefully quick. And im bringing two mates....so yea...

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
all i no is i hope you all have decent brakes, because if your planning to come down at any speed, you have to stop then turn right down past the botanic gardens, and trust me your not going to get 50 downhill bikes through there without stopping, its just not going to happen. or joey, you could get your dad to stand there and block traffic while we come through. if thats sorted you can count me in
Yeah my Dad will definitily stand there and stop traffic. Yeah man.

Going down the mountain doesnt need to be all in a group, up the top before we leave we will organise a point to meet eachother at the bottom. How does that sound big squid?

Andrew22

Likes Bikes
Yeah, good point, personally, I am thinking maybe Saturday in like 2 weeks. Therefore giving people time to get the day off work. Or whatever it is you guys do, haha.

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
There was no harm in having this post up but people kept commenting and didnt seem to like the idea.

Its gone now, all good...

Last edited:

Viv92

Eats Squid
I don't think many people are going to want to pay for your mate's forks. No offense, but there are many FAR more worthy causes. I don't get pocket money, and my parents don't pay for most of my stuff (except helmet). He needs to learn that you have to work for money, he's 16.

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
I don't think many people are going to want to pay for your mate's forks. No offense, but there are many FAR more worthy causes. I don't get pocket money, and my parents don't pay for most of my stuff (except helmet). He needs to learn that you have to work for money, he's 16.
Yeah, I just thought there was no harm in putting it up. People probably wouldnt take him seriously if he went for a job cos hes like a foot tall, literally =]
Cheers

Booost

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am sorry but the whole 'Pay for my short mates forks, don't you just feel so so sorry for him' is probably one of the stupidest things I have ever seen.

If you can give about a months notice I can make it and bring another 4 or 5 (as long as you dont mind riding with coppers:p)

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
If you can give about a months notice I can make it and bring another 4 or 5 (as long as you dont mind riding with coppers:p)
Hmm riding with cops...
The question is will they get angry at anyone who pops a wheelie along corro drive when we see cyclists? Having cops there intimidates me but I dont mind =] We'll just have to see how many people we get. The date will be scheduled when we have roughly 50 people, so it just depends on when we reach the number i want.
Cheers

blackjack

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha im sure they will be able to tell. but they shouldnt give us any troubles, only thing i can see being slightly illegal is exceeding the speed limit down cootha

beaty

Likes Dirt
haha...im pretty sure you can spot a logan kid a mile away..

nah it should be all good fun. But it will be interesting to see how the cops handle us.. Like if we speed and like dangerously swerving and etc..

chuckies_here

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha im sure they will be able to tell. but they shouldnt give us any troubles, only thing i can see being slightly illegal is exceeding the speed limit down cootha
Bahahah i can accually see that happening.

haha...im pretty sure you can spot a logan kid a mile away..

nah it should be all good fun. But it will be interesting to see how the cops handle us.. Like if we speed and like dangerously swerving and etc..

It shall be interesting but if there off duty there off duty.