Atherton Tablelands

indica

Serial flasher
Rode the new trail today and it is brilliant.
Big climb, broken up with some short downs, a few jumps, switchbacks berms and rockgardens.
Top of the ridge, great views, more rock gardens, berms, gaps. More climbing. More rocks, hot and open, around the side of the hill the trees get bigger, and it is cooler.
The the descent begins, big rollers, big berms, sneaky step up jumps, sneaky gap jumps.
Overall a fantastic piece of track work. Big thanks to all involved.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode the new trail today and it is brilliant.
Big climb, broken up with some short downs, a few jumps, switchbacks berms and rockgardens.
Top of the ridge, great views, more rock gardens, berms, gaps. More climbing. More rocks, hot and open, around the side of the hill the trees get bigger, and it is cooler.
The the descent begins, big rollers, big berms, sneaky step up jumps, sneaky gap jumps.
Overall a fantastic piece of track work. Big thanks to all involved.
So is it open now??

indica

Serial flasher
It looks to be, the barriers were taken down, Glen said he was going to come up tomorrow and was the one that told me it was open.

EDIT: Apparently the barriers have been put back up by DERM.

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
More photos from another run.

Nice jump on top of the mountain.

Decent sized gap jump to berm.

The view from the top.

Capt.Gumby

Likes Dirt
Looks great, appreciate the photos indica.

Very keen to come up and give it a run on Monday morning but only if it was officially open to everyone. I know they were waiting for some decent rain before opening it up, would hate to damage the track if it wasn't ready to ridden on yet.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Coming up for a flying visit saturday. Should be up there about lunchtime, maybe wait for the heat to die off a bit before hitting it up.

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That section is just shy of 6km
Ther is maybe 10 apart from that.

Come up.... I have beer.
I enjoy beer, I think we should round a crew up when I'm home and hit it up, gotta rig up a mount for my contour on the new bike too

indica

Serial flasher
Coming up for a flying visit saturday. Should be up there about lunchtime, maybe wait for the heat to die off a bit before hitting it up.
I'll be at work, Jeff won't be though.
Failing that my kids'll be up for a ride?!

I enjoy beer, I think we should round a crew up when I'm home and hit it up, gotta rig up a mount for my contour on the new bike too
Let me know when.....