Australian Gravity Enduro Series 2014

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Hi guys, rest assured that we look very well after all our MTB tracks we race on. There are several different factors concerning each and every trail and how wet it can be before we postpone races. Last week for example we postponed the MTB GP at Awaba because of heavy downpours. We always work together very close with the venue/club and the trailbuilders.

The track at Glenworth Valley will hold up equally well in the wet and dry. It is a very steep track and we do expect it to change over the course of the race. The venue and we (the trailbuilders) are both fine with that. Before we went in to clean it all up it was barely recognisable as a trail - no one was using it for years. If a section blows out we will go there afterwards and fix it up again. Also the track only gets used during races so it doesn't need to be as sturdy as a track that's open to the public all year long.

Having said that the race will go ahead even if it does rain. There is not much rain forecast for the rest of the week, but then again that the forecast a week ago too...

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Your help Friday morning to clean it all up will be greatly appreciated. We will meet at 9am near reception. Please be on time as we will be fairly hard to find afterwards.

Maltese Falcon

Likes Dirt
On Saturday evening we are planning an Enduro Campfire, which is a regular campfire but Enduro :)
Apparently Butler will be there telling campfire stories about his riding career highlights (won't take long) on the Saturday night, definitely not to be missedButler.jpg

Last edited:

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Apparently Butler will be there telling campfire stories about his riding career highlights (won't take long) on the Saturday night, definitely not to be missed

I don't think I can handle another recount of the one where he narrowly edged out that guy for first place in the last ever National 4X series... I am sure he still carries that plate around with him.

I thought that he would be heading down to the DH champs at Bright anyway.

Last edited:

Maltese Falcon

Likes Dirt
he looks like he should be on a train somewhere with all his belongings in a plastic bag , just incoherently swearing at other passengers...........

"I was once F*&king State 4X F*&king champion F*&k ya's, don't you know who I F*&king am"..................."What are uuuuuuuuuu F*&king lookin at?"

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Likes Bikes
Bloody hell Risso, I've been telling everyone I was going to be in Bright, how the hell am I going to sneak up on my victims now. And by the way it's Aussie Champ, thats right, I still am. They stopped 4X because no one was turning up to race because I must been scaring them off. Clarky I will let you touch that No. 1 plate again if you are lucky. NEEEERHEHEHEHEHE:crazy:

mojomodo

Likes Bikes
Is anyone traveling to Glenworth on Sunday and feel like giving a Tassie boy and a bike a lift for petrol / beer money?

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is anyone traveling to Glenworth on Sunday and feel like giving a Tassie boy and a bike a lift for petrol / beer money?
Where do you need a lift from? I was thinking of going Sat arvo, I will have a big tent and could bring spare camping gear if needed.

mojomodo

Likes Bikes
Where do you need a lift from? I was thinking of going Sat arvo, I will have a big tent and could bring spare camping gear if needed.
Send you a PM Dreggsy - Appreciate the offer! One of the many reasons I like riding mountain bikes...

crashbandicoot

Likes Bikes
Abandoned is a bit harsh, she, just, plain, disappeared, near a river, at night, in the rain, on a long weekend, after drinking absinthe.
We meeting in the same spot on Monday. Just off the Hume. Along Bangalow Forest Road.

And yes I did screen print that plate onto my wife basher before I melted it down for my shoulder, but only Dr Eggs has had the Privilege of seeing it. Please don't get jealous Risso, It meant nothing, honestly baby.

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can anyone tell me what the road is like into the race venue tomorrow ? Is it sealed ? Just wondering since I may be dropping in to take photos for a couple hours.