Australian Solo MTB Champs - Easter 2010?

jab80

Likes Bikes
^^^^ And will you be riding SS this year Jamie?

Look, I know yous guys think yous is tough and all but think of all that extra weight you're saving by cutting away the gears (and in some cases, suspension)! I've decided to take the hard option and cart around a cassette, some chain rings and derailleurs and shifters. ;)

And I still haven't converted the Kona yet... That's MR procrastinator to you!

mooze

Likes Bikes
I'm in. Decided/started training four days ago. Not sure if I'll do SS yet - see how it all goes and if the back will hold up to no rear suspension.

Anti_Trainer

Likes Dirt
Just wondering when the first entrant list will be released?
I've always been confused about why people want to know about entry lists before the race.
Is it people who haven't entered yet and don't want to enter if someone they don't like is racing or ?

Any ideas?

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've always been confused about why people want to know about entry lists before the race.
Is it people who haven't entered yet and don't want to enter if someone they don't like is racing or ?

Any ideas?
I always like to find out that I have Gordo, McAvoy, Fenner, Anti-Trainer in my age group!!!

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
The bookies need the entry list to set the odds. SS class gets easy once we know the Anti-trainer has entered - all bets on the winner are off (of course there are still side bets on when and how Dr Eggs will finish).

btothec

Likes Dirt

Any ideas?
I've already signed up. So it's not for that reason. Personally I just like having an idea of who I'm riding against before I turn up to an event. Helps me to set my goals and race plan a little. But he that's just me.

Jackstack

Likes Dirt

Any ideas?
Personally I'd rather keep it a suprise who's gonna whoop my ass till race day! But then again if I found out beforehand that I was the only one in my category I could practice whoopin myself.

C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
That finish option would be great - it appears to help mitigate the disadvantage of riders who are self-supported. The one earlier in the album makes it seem that one would have to dismount, go to one's tent to re-stock, walk back and then continue.

DaGonz

Eats Squid
That finish option would be great - it appears to help mitigate the disadvantage of riders who are self-supported. The one earlier in the album makes it seem that one would have to dismount, go to one's tent to re-stock, walk back and then continue.
Nah... there's a row of tables in the "common area" you stick a bucket on with a (scuse the pun) bucket load of stuff and go from there. Of note, you *must* have a support crew at least written down on your entry that will be at the race venue during the race...

...at least that's always been the case for 24hr solo's

Cheers
Spoonie

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
The real reason for the proposed finish option, is because this solo-pit-row style is how it will run at Stromlo for the World Solo 24Hr Champs in October - so this would give all the riders at Easter a chance to familiarise themselves with that - if they haven't already been to Canada :)

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
In that proposed finish option, would I be right in saying if I turn up with a camper trailer it will be set up somewhere outside that blue line in the picture?