Bargain buys thread

moorey

call me Mia
Shipping due to them being sold on an eBay listing. They drop price but add shipping. Mine were $280.01 shipped.
I mean the ones on the MTBD site. Shipping should be free on the $400 ones.
I think mine were about $285 shipped. What a rip!

Scotty675

Cable thief
I mean the ones on the MTBD site. Shipping should be free on the $400 ones.
I think mine were about $285 shipped. What a rip!
I got ripped off I paid $295 lol. I did look at another set through mtb direct site but they wanted $11-$23 depending on shipping method.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
There are still $400 ones avaialbke on mtbdirect. I know not $250 but that's still cheap
Buy one, then get a new RC2 Charger damper offshore, add a new DebonAir air spring and bingo, a 2019 Lyrik RC2 DebonAir for around $700 give or take, depending on what you can sell the RC Charger damper for......

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Buy one, then get a new RC2 Charger damper offshore, add a new DebonAir air spring and bingo, a 2019 Lyrik RC2 DebonAir for around $700 give or take, depending on what you can sell the RC Charger damper for......
Where would one get these goods at such a wonderous price?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Where would one get these goods at such a wonderous price?

Mtbd has the lyrik and debon air spring for 450 cheapest rc2 cart was 300.

I'm surprised no ones putting the fast cart in on these cheap lyrics..

Oddjob

Mtbd has the lyrik and debon air spring for 450 cheapest rc2 cart was 300.

I'm surprised no ones putting the fast cart in on these cheap lyrics..
Do you have a link? I can only see the charger 2 upgrade for $414.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Do you have a link? I can only see the charger 2 upgrade for $414.

Will see if i can find it again, also carbon XA Pro Carbon 627 euro posted for non-boost wheelset.

Edit: universal cycles 240usd ( makes it 204usd or 289AU), 15% off that with on orders over 300usd, i would of seen in my cart at one stage.

Also have lyrik push coil conversion kits in stock..

Last edited:

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Will see if i can find it again, also carbon XA Pro Carbon 627 euro posted for non-boost wheelset.

Edit: universal cycles 240usd ( makes it 204usd or 289AU), 15% off that with on orders over 300usd, i would of seen in my cart at one stage.

Also have lyrik push coil conversion kits in stock..
I think thats just charger damper2 rct3 ... couldn't seem to find RC2 , also searched the part no: 00.4018.783.024

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
ah yeah looks like it, WWC has it at 280usd before any discounts any who, either way it's still cheap rc2 if you can sell the rc cart. It'll be interesting to see if we go sub 70c to the USD.

Boom King

ah yeah looks like it, WWC has it at 280usd before any discounts any who, either way it's still cheap rc2 if you can sell the rc cart. It'll be interesting to see if we go sub 70c to the USD.
Yep, Worldwide Cyclery ftw but you may as well buy it from MTB direct. $881.85 for the Lyrik RC, DebonAir shaft and RC2 damper. Sell the RC damper and old shaft and that's a cheap 2019 Lyrik equivalent. Especially handy if you don't want to boost either.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Yep, Worldwide Cyclery ftw but you may as well buy it from MTB direct. $881.85 for the Lyrik RC, DebonAir shaft and RC2 damper. Sell the RC damper and old shaft and that's a cheap 2019 Lyrik equivalent. Especially handy if you don't want to boost either.
I'm considering this but for little bit more you can get a custom tuned Fast damper and debonair spring. Do I also fir a MRP ramp control at the same time? Which bike to put it on? Decisions decisions.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Where can you get the fast damper fitted with a cumtom tune? Nsd offer the super Lyrik but it is of no I retest as I want the debonair spring.
I'm considering this but for little bit more you can get a custom tuned Fast damper and debonair spring. Do I also fir a MRP ramp control at the same time? Which bike to put it on? Decisions decisions.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Where can you get the fast damper fitted with a cumtom tune? Nsd offer the super Lyrik but it is of no I retest as I want the debonair spring.

Nsd can change the shim stack when you get the damper installed. The debonair spring is a seperate part that is surprisingly cheap. You might as well get it all done at the same time.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nsd can change the shim stack when you get the damper installed. The debonair spring is a seperate part that is surprisingly cheap. You might as well get it all done at the same time.

Oh, so the shim stack tuneis a seperate thing? Which I assume incurs an additional fee.

Here's what I pulled off the nsd website.

"The ‘Super Lyrik’ includes all of the following upgrades

FAST Suspension Hi / Lo compression top cap

FAST Suspension compression circuit

FAST Suspension rebound circuit

NSD ‘Soft Touch’ air spring upgrade

NSD ‘Hyperformance’ service upgrade

Total Cost: $600"

What I was trying to say is I'd only want the fast upgrades not the other stuff. So was hoping you had found it offered elsewhere as a standalone thing.

The debonair spring looks super easy to install.

It is a shame that the fast cart requires existing parts from the charger damper as it would be perfect if you could just drop the whole new assembly in.

Boom King

Why bother...... The new RC2 Charger damper seems to do everything that the after market tuners have done.

One unit that slips straight in.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
I wish I rode well enough that these upgrades made a difference to me. Will be riding my bargain lyrik with no bells or whistles, happy as a pig in shit.
Yep me too. Although may debonair it to 170mm if/when I get the next rune frame (speculating that one is incoming).

Oddjob

Oh, so the shim stack tuneis a seperate thing? Which I assume incurs an additional fee.

Here's what I pulled off the nsd website.

"The ‘Super Lyrik’ includes all of the following upgrades

FAST Suspension Hi / Lo compression top cap

FAST Suspension compression circuit

FAST Suspension rebound circuit

NSD ‘Soft Touch’ air spring upgrade

NSD ‘Hyperformance’ service upgrade

Total Cost: $600"

What I was trying to say is I'd only want the fast upgrades not the other stuff. So was hoping you had found it offered elsewhere as a standalone thing.

The debonair spring looks super easy to install.

It is a shame that the fast cart requires existing parts from the charger damper as it would be perfect if you could just drop the whole new assembly in.

I'm pretty sure they change the shimstack as part of the upgrade.

As for the other stuff I can't comment. If I was going to bother with the damper upgrade I would do the Debonair and MRP ramp control at the same time.

If all you wanted was a drop in cartridge, the charger 2 rc2 is around and there's plenty of youtube vids showing how to change the charger shim stack. But I don't have the time/patience/experience to do that. I'd rather leave it to the experts