Bargain buys thread

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
That is truly beautiful. Brings tears to my eyes. Long live bacon.

Minlak

custom titis
I didn't use the link, but I hope that bacon is stuffed with pork chops and bacon.
I made one once and did a report on a nerd website....

1) Weave bacon into a mat
2) Get pork mince and diced bacon(BBQ Seasoning / Garlic / Herbs / Spices)
3) Lots of BBQ sauce (not shitty fountain stuff
4) Roll the pork mince and bacon bits in the bacon mat
5) Use a BBQ rub (dry seasoning) on the out side
6) Bake whilst basting with more of the BBQ sauce
7) Eat
9) Take Gaviscon

DMan

What's the point of the gaviscon? I say finish with a beer, lie down and wait for your arteries to close and the world to dim

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I seriously believe that beer cuts through it all. Spirits work even better if they are not cream based.

takai

Eats Squid
I made one once and did a report on a nerd website....

1) Weave bacon into a mat
2) Get pork mince and diced bacon(BBQ Seasoning / Garlic / Herbs / Spices)
3) Lots of BBQ sauce (not shitty fountain stuff
4) Roll the pork mince and bacon bits in the bacon mat
5) Use a BBQ rub (dry seasoning) on the out side
6) Bake whilst basting with more of the BBQ sauce
7) Eat
9) Take Gaviscon
+1 on this. But with a few changes
1. Acquire Costco membership
2. Acquire Costco bacon (even better than Aldi bacon)
3. Get Pork Barrel BBQ sauce
4. Baste liberally in a heavy black IPA.
5. Drink aforesaid Black IPA, or a good Porter or Stout.
6. Die happy.

DMan

I was going to say a bourbon over beer too C27. But I thought I was being too radical... Costco eh. Sounds like a bacon off....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
At Christmas time Aldi were selling turducken. It was wrapped in bacon and looked a lot like minlak's work of art. It was magnificent to cut through 4 animals with every stroke.

DMan

LOL. I brought one of those!!!!!!! 2 actually. Awesome. Still not sure how they got the turkey to eat the other critters though....

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I got a bottle of degreaser, I need to clean my bike tonight so I'll report back on how it works! My drivetrain is filthy so will be a good test for it!
Happy to report the Aldi degreaser works well, used the tools from the tool kit and the bike repair stand I bought yesterday too! Go Aldi haha!

Last edited:

binner

Hath shat hymself
Happy to report the Aldi degreaser works well, used the tools from the tool kit and the bike repair stand I bought yesterday too! Go Aldi haha!
Cool, il buzz in tomorrow and buy some....I put my old bike stand to the curb today, the aldi one has taken pride of place......

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I chucked the Remedy 9 up on my Aldi stand by way of the top tube today and it did a stellar job.

I will have to pack some rags or something around the cabling to ensure it doesn't get damaged though.

$40 very well spent.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
I chucked the Remedy 9 up on my Aldi stand by way of the top tube today and it did a stellar job.

I will have to pack some rags or something around the cabling to ensure it doesn't get damaged though.

$40 very well spent.
Have you tried the bacon on the stand?