Bargain buys thread

K.C.

Likes Dirt
I know these got mixed reviews and are a couple of years old now, but $630 delivered seems like a reasonable deal:

Specced on 2nd top range CanyonNeuron 2021, can't go wrong

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Do you think this repair stand is decent or should I avoid?

I was also looking at wall mounted stands to reduce the amount of floor space needed. Any thoughts? Park Tools are wildly expensive.
@HamboCairns the stand looks to be the same one that sells at Aldi during their annual bike stuff sale. Ok at aldi price, but not at amazon price.
It does the job, way better than hanging the bike off the clothesline (which I used to do before getting the aldi stand) but the clamp on the Park tool stands like the PCS-10 (I have one) is infinitely better, IMO.

Minlak

custom titis
I can't justify spending $400 on a repair stand, that's 8 services at my local bike mechanic.
Buy decent tools once and own them forever - I always bought cheap stands - just got a park stand and the difference in quality is massive - wish I had done it earlier.

This would be my budget choice at the moment

22957005-645B-4555-95BC-C64D9685B8D4.png

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I'd not worry about a work stand to start off with - you can do most things without it at first, just more of a pain. It makes life easier in the long run, and is worth having one, but something you want to buy once and get it right imo. Grab a quality one on special or second hand.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Do you think this repair stand is decent or should I avoid?

I was also looking at wall mounted stands to reduce the amount of floor space needed. Any thoughts? Park Tools are wildly expensive.
I have one that looks surprisingly similar. I paid a lot less as it was on clearance, but the rrp was a lot higher.

I like mine for the most part. No way would it hold a 30kg bike. I always wheel off when I have the bike up there. The red caps on the clamp jaws can come loose so get the glue out. The arm holding the bike can roll so I've done mine up really tight. It all folds away easily and stores out of the way. It's stable and I've never thought it was going to call over.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
OK I'll look a bit closer at that one!

Any suggestions for ones that bolt to the wall? Just an arm I mean.
Don't. It's a huge pain in the arse compared to a free stand that you can move around and pack away at the end. One of my mates had one in his shed and while the stability was good...it was just frustrating.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I'd not worry about a work stand to start off with - you can do most things without it at first, just more of a pain. It makes life easier in the long run, and is worth having one, but something you want to buy once and get it right imo. Grab a quality one on special or second hand.
I have four bikes to maintain (oiling chains, adjusting brakes and gears etc), I also have nothing to hang bikes on.

moorey

call me Mia
I've never put my bike in the stand to lubricate the chain. Also don't oil your bike chain. It will fuck shit up.
Why, pray tell? I usually don’t, only coz it’s not on the stand at the time, but if I’ve been working on it, I’ll lube it while on there every time.