Bargain buys thread

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Absolutely avoid with warranty claims on manitou. There! I said it.
Yeah, but who would deal with manitou warranty better in Aus? Gotta send it to NZ or back to the factory don’t we?

140 Mezzer on the Ripley sounds sweet, but overkill.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Geeez they are bizarre; told me they weren’t getting more in.
Cycling deal is a strange place. They seem to get random good stuff in every now and then. But ever since their 'new stock' feature on the front page got removed, I find it harder o search for bs random stuff to buy that I don't need!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Are they OK to buy from? They've always struck me as a place to avoid
Bought a few things from them but never needed any assistance with problems or warranty.

I had had a rant here one day about the price of bloody rigid forks, the prices start at $150... yet you can buy a moving parts Suntour suspension for for $50, that fork came from cyclingdeal.

Now when I said moving parts, they dont move very nicely :D more pogo stick like.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, but who would deal with manitou warranty better in Aus? Gotta send it to NZ or back to the factory don’t we?

140 Mezzer on the Ripley sounds sweet, but overkill.
I was told by Wiggle to contact Cyclingdeal for warranty....but the issue was more with how they handled it, rather than just telling me I had to contact Manitou directly. Sweet fork. I’d buy again...just never through CD.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Geeez they are bizarre; told me they weren’t getting more in.

For anyone interested these are internally adjustable all the way down to 140mm.
They told me the same thing about restock. Maybe they got a ripper deal as they are all 51mm offset?

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
I have two pairs in 51mm and one in the 44mm. I actually prefer the 51mm just that touch more stability. Offset IMHO is overhyped.
They are apparently getting 44mm offset stock in at end of the month for those keen on the shorter.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I have no idea if this site is kosher. Just popped up in my FB feed. Same stand others charge $120-200 for.
Works out to under $40au, and it’s adding no shipping fee at PayPal checkout.
Can’t see that’s possible from the US, and I don’t need another.....but if anyone is prepared to have their account hacked and still get no stand, let me know how you go. Reviews of the site are hard to find other than one saying to use PayPal rather than pay them directly. Too spicy for me.
https://goramall.online/products/home-portable-bicycle-mechanics-workstand?fbclid=IwAR1zUCJ1Kyz8bhKWMIK1TZ3QAEXDTR2GnFub6YFoGB4GCjrUqNraI0vXBR8+aem_AX_ViMOEvfRF6o-eejUs9HHGBtBQT4CmuLxW28PsIKswr5bRswwG5AuzXVRvXZX5g2bVAfUOOouKZ8F3O_3PngrRM73GYBsgWUE7VCQmW3NVQ7iztJaKBtiTRftgx-a1n-I
Did anyone go for this?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
If its any consolation, they add 12% on first and if its a genuine 15% off, it only comes in XS, XXL, pink, 37 or 48.
Do they though? I thought MTBD got called out, wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens at Pushys but can't recall hearing about it.