Bargain buys thread

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I have heard good things about these forks. Any opinions on how it would compare to a Lyrik?
If you mod the damper in the Lyrik and put a Luftkappe or a Secus on the air side you have something that imo is as good as the Mezzer. Actually the Mezzer still trumps it because it has HBO.
Caveat…..for chunky fast riding. The Lyrik might be more comfortable if you are a cruisy rider.
And the Mezzer takes a while to set up properly.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
The Mezzer is a better fork, but definitely setup for rougher and faster riding.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Agreed. Lyrik I rode was very plush, Mezzer superior on mid to bigger hits. Mezzer is also pretty light for such a capable fork.

Fine tuning it is tricky, you want to dedicate a ride or two just for fiddling and bracketing to work it out.

Mtbr has a link to a public google spreadsheet where people are entering their setups next to bike and rider weight which is helpful. Manitou’s recommended settings seem aimed at aggressive riders.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah as mentioned only 27.5 size left. I need wagon wheel size. And money…
You could look into selling unnecessary body parts on the dark web. There's plenty of demand for good spleens.

All this mezzer talk...the fork sounds like it is designed for me - lazy chunder pounding half sends? Do they maintain their good vibes in lowest travel setting?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
All this mezzer talk...the fork sounds like it is designed for me - lazy chunder pounding half sends? Do they maintain their good vibes in lowest travel setting?
Apparently the lower you set them, the harder it is to nail the tune. I’ll be finding out as I intend to put them on the banshee at 140. Have a coil fork to go on the Highlander.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Apparently the lower you set them, the harder it is to nail the tune. I’ll be finding out as I intend to put them on the banshee at 140. Have a coil fork to go on the Highlander.
I reckon if you shrink the IRT volume it’ll help with the shorter travel settings. Its optimised for 180 travel so it stands to reason the IRT needs to be smaller imo.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks. I have a new 2020 Lyrik Ultimate I bought off Transition when I got my Scout frame from them in September. This was the fork Transition recommended. I have been gradually pulling back the throttle recently so the Mezzers could be a bit of overkill. Being able to change the travel interests me as well. 180 is far to long for the Scout. I have only just weathered the storm created by my (failed) attempt to sneak in the new frame. I am not sure if I want to upset the newly returned domestic tranquility yet.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Thanks. I have a new 2020 Lyrik Ultimate I bought off Transition when I got my Scout frame from them in September. This was the fork Transition recommended. I have been gradually pulling back the throttle recently so the Mezzers could be a bit of overkill. Being able to change the travel interests me as well. 180 is far to long for the Scout. I have only just weathered the storm created by my (failed) attempt to sneak in the new frame. I am not sure if I want to upset the newly returned domestic tranquility yet.
She won’t notice a smashpot! And it’s adjustable in travel. You’re welcome.