Bargain buys thread

Shadow Puppet

Likes Dirt
Did anyone else come across the gems. $39 and it's as good as the $350 park tools ones. If anyone didn't, go now!!! Even comes with brackets to make it a wall mount work stand
As good as the Park stands? Are you for real?

I have the previous Aldi bike stand that was the same price, looks to be built the same but has a screw clamp instead of the newer QR one. It was/is the biggest piece of crap I have bought for a long time. Does not support the weight of the bike (11kg trail bike) and the threads and bolts have pulled through the plastic head.

Shadow Puppet

Likes Dirt
Save your money people. I have the previous version of their stand and its a pile of poo. spending over $100 would be money better spent.

Just cos something is cheap, doesn't mean its a bargain.

ChopSticks

Banned
As good as the Park stands? Are you for real?
its def a big call to say its as good as the park ones.... if im not mistaken.... the clamps on the park tool stands get tighter as more torque/ weight is applied to it... same definitely cant be said for the aldi stands where people have needed to drill holes in the clamp/pipe..... I do however agree $39 is a good price for what it does.

pharskie

Likes Bikes
It's holding the bike off the ground, it's not too heavy, it's nice and stable. It does everything my park tools stand does. Just at 10% of the price. Remember also I don't ride a 17kg bike so it's not really like I need some stupidly strong built stand.

Shadow Puppet

Likes Dirt
They are good for the money but not remotely in the same league as the Park tools stands.
...and you can get a metal Park stand for $130 delivered. Might be 3x the price but it will be at least 10 times stronger.

It's holding the bike off the ground, it's not too heavy, it's nice and stable. It does everything my park tools stand does. Just at 10% of the price. Remember also I don't ride a 17kg bike so it's not really like I need some stupidly strong built stand.
Glad you're happy with it. Clamping at the seatpost, my Aldi stand would not hold my bike (11kg) up. The plastic mounts rotate due to the weight and leverage of the bike. Also, the spring mechanism in the clamp head shat itself after about a month. Maybe these things have been addressed. Clamping at the top tube is not something I like to do.

Last edited:

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Just set up my ALDI stand...

I like that the clamp is a diamond shape, so it doesn't crush the cable that runs under the top tube to the seat post.
Means I can even the weight on the stand to negate the problem of potential weakness in the arm's clamp causing rotation under uneven weight.

Doesn't seem like I need to clamp very hard to make it hold onto the bike solidly, so not much else to be concerned about really!

Pretty good for $40, and will make building my Makulu and working on the bikes a bazillion times less frustrating. :)

takai

Eats Squid
Just set up my ALDI stand...

I like that the clamp is a diamond shape, so it doesn't crush the cable that runs under the top tube to the seat post.
Means I can even the weight on the stand to negate the problem of potential weakness in the arm's clamp causing rotation under uneven weight.

Doesn't seem like I need to clamp very hard to make it hold onto the bike solidly, so not much else to be concerned about really!

Pretty good for $40, and will make building my Makulu and working on the bikes a bazillion times less frustrating. :)

should have bought it before you dropped the Makulu

stirk

Burner
Nice pussies!

I got one of these Aldi stands today and will need to clamp from seat tube only on one of my bikes, I think I be getting the drill out to pin it as so much weight will be on the front, or perhaps some rubbery gasket seal kind of stuff rubbed on the clamp tube would help grip to stop sag.

I'll also be using it for wood working activities as a third arm so it's a good tool to have around even when not in bike stand mode!

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just picked the bike stand from Aldi tonight and I'm pretty impressed with it for $40!

i also bought the tool kit, had a few things I needed! Not the best quality but good enough for infrequent use!

How small does the stand become when packed away?

Because I'm moving overseas next year and not sure if I want to lug around a awkward piece of metal around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

binner

Hath shat hymself
Don't buy the Aldi sunnies, not even worth $9.95
I too bought the stand and am impressed for 40bucks.Looked at the sunnies but thought they looked like shite so put them down. Has anyone bought and used the degreaser and bike wash? I may just go back and buy some bottles today and try it out.
Ohh and the bacon they sell is top stuff! Mmmmmmmmmm

Ohh and they are selling inverters at the moment too, does anyone know if they are ok to use ...any issues of spiking or erring into flames?

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
How small does the stand become when packed away?

Because I'm moving overseas next year and not sure if I want to lug around a awkward piece of metal around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can get it down to roughly, a metre by 300mm. I have two, one lives in the back of the car.