Beep Test

i was talking with my mates the other day and was wondering if any one (even pro athlites) ever actually finished the beep test? and what does the beep test go up to? Whats ur p.b. or average.
cheers Mad.Mackie

Last edited:

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
from memory the beep test goes up to somewhere around 21.15 or so, maybe 23.15, I can't remember, I got a mate who go to the high teens (around 16-17 from memory) Usually i got like 13 haha. i'm sure some of teh middle to long distance runner would be able to get close to finishing it, never heard of a case though.

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I did a while back, grade 11 I think was the last time. 14/3 I got, pretty sure.
I want to do one soon, just to last to it.

hayd

Likes Dirt
I did one a few years ago. Got 14/6.
I've always been told that Olympic rowers were able to get into the high 19s. Not sure how reliable that is though

sam705

Likes Dirt
Michael Bevan could finish the test in full batting kit.
That one of many stories that has floated around the internet.
Others include David Beckham and Lance Armstrong finishing the complete test. Although i somewhat believe the Lance Armstrong story as he was a freak when he was younger and his VO2 levels were astonishing.
I would call bullshit on majority of the stories though, if the complete test goes up to a high level like that, you would have to be a very good sprinter under fatigue.

EDIT: I've read it reaches a maximum of 21.16 and the bloke timed the difference between beeps on a stopwatch, they were within 3.50 seconds of each other.

Last edited:

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The amount you score in a beep test varies quite a bit depending on length. If the length is 20m there is very very little chance of getting over 16. So any reports of getting over that are either false or using a shorter distance.

On a measured 20m distance 14.9 is the highest I've seen, the highest I've heard of is 15.7.

Have a look here. http://www.topendsports.com/testing/results/beep-test.htm

Last edited:

JoshP

Likes Dirt
I have a mate that got 19 or 20 cant remeber but it was dam good. Best i could do was 16 back when i was fit.:D ever sence then its gone downhill.

TomT

Likes Dirt
Mate in our year at school (Blaxland High, Year 12) got 17.4, others from the school on this site can back this up. Which is quite amazing after looking at the link previously posted on the best scores.. although he did like come 4th in the national cross country and plays an extremely high level of soccer.

Funky Frypan

Likes Dirt
The average AFL footballer gets anywhere from 16-19 (ish) which is damn good. The highest I ever got was 14.8. My average is about 14.

Staunch

Eats Squid
My best is about 13 but my P.E. teacher always make me and a few mates (because he knows we're the fittest) run the last couple (in the 20's) in teams, so we have to full on sprint each one tag-team style, from memory it finishes at about 24...

sam705

Likes Dirt
There are a variety of beep tests, so comparing yourself or your mates up to the elite is a load of crock until you can find out for a fact, that they did the same test as the AFL players ect.

s73v30

Likes Dirt
On average I run mid 13s.
From memory most afl guys sit on around 14 - 17.

Last edited:

matt123

Likes Dirt
I heard from some where that lance armstrong finished the beep test.

I only get between 10 and 11 :(
I thought I was good cause thats like 2nd best in the class (year 9).
Compared to most of you guys I suck.