Status
Not open for further replies.

mint355

Likes Dirt
In keeping with your usual fine form I see. Keep digging :tsk:

:View attachment 308853
17 min (8.7 km) via Cumberland Hwy/Pennant Hills Rd/A28

Is it really enough though.
Now he can fly under the radar with pm's under cutting genuine RB'ers then flipping for profit on ebay/fb/gumtree whatever.
Maybe Chops PM'd from the Mt Stromlo car park after a ride..... Just saying.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Wow, what a day on RB!

Trying to sell used parts for almost the same price as you can get new parts online is a bit rude and trumping a sale thread via PM downright obnoxious.

However banning chops from trading may not be the best idea.

To use an analogy, isn't it best to see the Dingo, know it's there, so you can avoid it than have it lurking in the bushes and it get's you.

i.e. Know what Chops is up to and avoid dealing with him if his prices are so high, rather than now having to deal with all his GF sister's who will sell on his behalf...:behindsofa:

He will still no doubt do a lot of buying on here and trump sales with vengeance and gloating :boink:
If nothing else, at least people will now have a higher awareness.

marc.r

Likes Dirt
i think we all like to think we are a big mtb family. we like to behave as examples of how we want everyone to behave in the mtb community. unfortunately their are no laws and people are free to take advantage of that community spirit and there isnt a lot we can do . try to remember that for every person who takes advantage we are making so many new mtbers happy that they chose such an awesome sport with such helpful people! i think thats all we can do.

Last edited:

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Chops how much are girlfriends sisters going for? Been single for a few months now, will pay.
Fair suck of the sav peeps.
Pm's are Private. They should not be posted in some wich hunt possibly out of context.
mods are dealing with this well.
Greed really does fuck everything up.

quin66

Likes Dirt
Good onya mods. Happy to see trading access being kept to the community spirit it's intended for. Yay mtb'ers.

NUTTTR

Likes Dirt
Well, this is all a bit disappointing...

I offered them cheap, because I felt that was what they were worth...

I also thought they'd be used by someone who needed them, not sold on. Not that I care about someone selling them on (disappointing it's for a profit, but that's his call), i'd just rather see them being used by a fellow RB'er... I've sold everything to the first person to contact me, either PM or in the post - mods can check it, he was definitely first by quite a margin. As with my other stuff, it's good to see it used and to go to a good cause...

Oh well...

Luco

Likes Dirt
Chops how much are girlfriends sisters going for? Been single for a few months now, will pay.
Fair suck of the sav peeps.
Pm's are Private. They should not be posted in some wich hunt possibly out of context.
mods are dealing with this well.
Greed really does fuck everything up.
Here here. I'm pretty desensitised to all this Chops bashing, but that was a little harsh...

moorey

call me Mia
Well, this is all a bit disappointing...

I offered them cheap, because I felt that was what they were worth...

I also thought they'd be used by someone who needed them, not sold on. Not that I care about someone selling them on (disappointing it's for a profit, but that's his call), i'd just rather see them being used by a fellow RB'er... I've sold everything to the first person to contact me, either PM or in the post - mods can check it, he was definitely first by quite a margin. As with my other stuff, it's good to see it used and to go to a good cause...

Oh well...
Camoshop posted 10min after thread went up....chops must have time traveled to get there first by a good margin... :faint:

NUTTTR

Likes Dirt
Camoshop posted 10min after thread went up....chops must have time traveled to get there first by a good margin... :faint:
Camoshop passed them in - he posted at 9.59... Chops PM'd at 10.04, next was Rangersac at 10.34... So I guess you could read it both ways, I didn't think twice at the time, now I do!

binner

Hath shat hymself
Who is the winner

..so when do the pitch forks come out.... ....... Good work guys, you all did very well.

:first:

mymasseur

Likes Dirt
what i want to know is why hasn't he bought my xtc then? surly he could make money on that? or is that way we now know if our prices are to high, chops wont buy it need to lower theprice!:heh:

moorey

call me Mia
Camoshop passed them in - he posted at 9.59... Chops PM'd at 10.04, next was Rangersac at 10.34... So I guess you could read it both ways, I didn't think twice at the time, now I do!
Camo didnt pull out, leaving them to ranga-sack till much later. Water under the bridge. With any luck, a Nigerian prince will buy them off eBay now.

NUTTTR

Likes Dirt
Camo didnt pull out, leaving them to ranga-sack till much later. Water under the bridge. With any luck, a Nigerian prince will buy them off eBay now.
Yup, nothing we can do now! But ranga's PM was after chops by quite a margin, so like I said, didn't think anything at the time...

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Don't sweat it NUTTR, you offered up something in good faith to help people out, so the mud is hardly sticking to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.