BMC Working Week Series 2008

BOE

Bright Orange Events
Na he's just finally ready to admit he thinks I'm rather cool...
In a hip cat sort of way.

Round 1 will be cooooool for cats. It's cool for cats
The only good cat is a flat cat :p, and round 1 will have nothing to do with Cats.

...unless I've forgotten something we talked about? Enduro a la Feline on the Saturday?

struggles

Likes Dirt
Sorry - that's our bad for abbreviating:

Currambene State Forest : http://www.exploroz.com/Places/64928/NSW/Currambene_State_Forest.aspx

SCUM have a handful of tracks in there : http://scum.asn.au/
Most likely be at Coondoo Rd. Coondoo Rd

The track now is 8.5km and takes about 24 minutes for the quick guys.

By March we should have it out to 11kms

Butterfly Rd that we used for the State rnd may have some logging issues. But will look into making that longer aswell.

I am going out Sunday to find an extra 2.5kms.

Or we could use Superbowl

Its good to be spoiled for choice

Scum Tracks

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Priceless. That said, this year's torrential rain on the day before will never be trumped by the '6 hour' in 2005. I'll never forget that one of the kids there had his 'boogie board' and there are indeed (somewhere) photos of him carving up the finish straight on said board after the race was cancelled :)

BrightOrangeEvents: we do what we can to solve the drought problem wherever we go.
That lap in 2005 when the storm hit was probably the most fun I have had on the bike ever (along with probably the most scared for my life as the skies lit up).

BOE

Bright Orange Events
That lap in 2005 when the storm hit was probably the most fun I have had on the bike ever (along with probably the most scared for my life as the skies lit up).
Why do I never get to ride at these times? I would love to have been riding during one of the Nzo 12 Hour storms, and I've heard similar comments from people about them being scared witless. I imagine back on the old 12 Hour track (that went out the back & along the water's edge') it must have been scary as hell....

There's a rather well known female enduro rider that now agrees with that statement. Get well soon Rosi!.

Who knew fireman do actually rescue cats?
Apologies for the almost pun here, but curiosity has indeed gotten the better of me, without quite killing the cat. How is Rosi / what happened to her / and how the hell does it involve a cat? I'd meant to ask people on the weekend in QLD... but forgot.

schmackster

NSWMTB, Manly Warringah MTB
Apologies for the almost pun here, but curiosity has indeed gotten the better of me, without quite killing the cat. How is Rosi / what happened to her / and how the hell does it involve a cat? I'd meant to ask people on the weekend in QLD... but forgot.
She was bitten on the hand by a feral cat whilst trying to rescue it and ended up in hospital for a week and had to undergo 2 operations last I heard.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
She was bitten on the hand by a feral cat whilst trying to rescue it and ended up in hospital for a week and had to undergo 2 operations last I heard.
Did it have some kind of infectious disease or some other transferrable... thing (I can't think of the right word atm)? Or did it just get infected?

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
I had to do sweep after we closed the track. Found a lady off and walking back around the track, scared silly.

"Ummm if you continue to back track it's about 3km. If you turn around and go up the fire road it's about 200m."

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
I just remember getting towards the bottom of the first hill and thinking it had gotten really dark. A few seconds later there was a wall of water coming down the hill.

You ride so much better when you can't see the bumps or roots (and you want out of the trees before lightening takes you out).

Thankfully the runoff from our shade tarp cleaned me up before the drive home.

BOE

Bright Orange Events
I had to do sweep after we closed the track. Found a lady off and walking back around the track, scared silly.

"Ummm if you continue to back track it's about 3km. If you turn around and go up the fire road it's about 200m."
I sincerely hope we didn't credit her with that lap :)

thecat

A little bit of work left to do and some more single track to put in but The Lithgow Course will look a little like this

Attachments

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
is round 2 at darks forest or Coondoo Rd? on the website it says Coondoo Rd, and it seems a bit od that South Coast United MTB Club would be hosting a race in darkes forest which, correct me if im wrong, is in sydney.

thecat

is round 2 at darks forest or Coondoo Rd? on the website it says Coondoo Rd, and it seems a bit od that South Coast United MTB Club would be hosting a race in darkes forest which, correct me if im wrong, is in sydney.
have you bothered to read any of this thread? Coondoo Rd it is.

Fi

Chocolate Foot
Dirt Works Grudge Match - Entries Open!

Challenge your mates at the 2008 BMC Working Week Series! Enter the Dirt Works Grudge Match and be in the running for a prize at the end of the season without ever having to make the podium!

It's free to enter, see http://www.dirtworks.com.au for more info and to enter!

Cheers

Fi

thecat

Right now it's under 8km. Depending on how much time I get between now and then I may add a fraction more ST but it won't go much over 8.

Should be around 30-40 min average lap, 25 for the hot guys.