Bowden Spur Kinglake - Shepherds DH trail.

Misfitdave

Likes Bikes
hey i'm look forward to riding there in a couple of weeks with some mates.

just wondering if there is any other mtb track near king lake or even a short drive away?
we would be happy to head over to buxton in the arvo but i heard the track is closed most winter. so looking for an alternative. if anyone knows of one.

Cheers

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Joined the forum tonight after searching Dannys name again on google (missing my mate)
and found this thread.

I was a mate of Dan's, and like everyone else he made me feel like I was his best friend when in reality he was everyones best mate. He was a great guy and it is awesome to see this thread still getting hits, hopefully someone can still maintain "Shepherds DH Trail" as he would have done back in the day.

"Bro Hymn"
Sorry to hear man, I guess its good that you still think about him and we have this trail named in his honor to keep those thoughts alive as a legacy of his achievements. If I have my way this trail will over time become one of the best DH trails and areas in our state.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Sorry to hear man, I guess its good that you still think about him and we have this trail named in his honor to keep those thoughts alive as a legacy of his achievements. If I have my way this trail will over time become one of the best DH trails and areas in our state.
Well said Wisey!

shadow knight

Likes Dirt
Just wondering if any one has rode or knows of anyone that has rode that massive rock face on the shuttle rd at king lake.
I haven't been there in a while but it has been in the back of my mind for ages.

izzy_best

Likes Bikes
Just wondering if any one has rode or knows of anyone that has rode that massive rock face on the shuttle rd at king lake.
I haven't been there in a while but it has been in the back of my mind for ages.
I've thought that every time I'm there! If someone wants to do it let me know... I want to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadow knight

Likes Dirt
Hahaha awesome to know that it has been done, will deff have another good look at it next time I'm out there possibly this wknd. Might bring a shovel just in case it need a little love at the bottom where it meets the rd and hope I'm not going warp spleen so I don't fly off that next cliff. Lol will have to wear my big girl panties and hopefully don't bitch it like last time hahah

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Hahaha awesome to know that it has been done, will deff have another good look at it next time I'm out there possibly this wknd. Might bring a shovel just in case it need a little love at the bottom where it meets the rd and hope I'm not going warp spleen so I don't fly off that next cliff. Lol will have to wear my big girl panties and hopefully don't bitch it like last time hahah

Was the mention of spleen a typo? Or a glimpse into the future of what you might leave at the bottom of the rock face?

izzy_best

Likes Bikes
I'm keen for a ride this Saturday if anyone wants to join me. It's always better if shuttling happens. I have a bike rack and am happy to shuttle. I would also like to film this rock wall descent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadow knight

Likes Dirt
Hahah the SPLEEN was deff a typo. But thanks for imbedding that into my mind lol.
I'm already missing a few organs internally hope I don't loose another.
I think I might head out that way on the wknd not sure what day (think I might be working Saturday ) a work mate lives in King Lake and just started riding dh so want to go for a shred with him.
shiiiiit talk about putting the pressure on hahaha shouldn't of opened my mouth lol.
Think I need to give my front brake some love so IF I hit it it doesn't end up in a warp SPLEEN skid hahah.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hit it a couple of weeks ago.
First run down had a flat rear, didn't realise until I dropped in ha.

[video=youtube;irlevuxPjbY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irlevuxPjbY&list=UU1tpZ_mThUbV5aMjIJWCwhw&index=1[/video]

shadow knight

Likes Dirt
Bad ass bro that was sick.
The section I had in mind was the rock slab in the fore ground at the start of your vid where it's like one whole rock with out that little drop.
Dig your edits on pinkbike as we'll by the way lol

razzeldazzel

Likes Dirt
nice video, what about the section further on which is pretty technical steep.
Some of those sections have been worked out, it is generally riding pretty nice. I would have filmed more down that end but it was getting later and I didn't have much room on the SD card. Hopefully sometime soon I'll show some of those sections

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can I ask why people seem to insist on riding straight down the fall line under the power lines? Why do you like riding straight down the hill destroying your brakes?