Bruce Ridge ACT

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Man, I wish we could have caught that on film, the rage would have been hilarious.

My next move, if approved is to dig a nice deep and wide drainage trench running down the hill about where that star picket is. The spoil can be used to build up the corner the corner closest to us in the picture and reinforcing the larger berm on the other side of the posts. With that in place any further argument will be academic.

I'd still love to get some cameras up there though to capture the rage - it'll be a guaranteed youtube trender of the week!!

Kowalski Brothers

Legends of the Shovel
I'd still love to get some cameras up there though to capture the rage - it'll be a guaranteed youtube trender of the week!!
Well, he's pretty determined, I'll give him that.
I wonder how long he pulled on those stumps before he gave up?

We need a camera setup... and more stumps :)

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Not as determined as us.

I was enjoying the mental image of him tugging on those stumps and getting angrier and angrier as he couldn't budge or break them. Would make for priceless video footage.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Definitely worth the effort but hopefully we'll get some PCS cams deployed on the trail and at the usual parking spots.

Kowalski Brothers

Legends of the Shovel
Definitely worth the effort but hopefully we'll get some PCS cams deployed on the trail and at the usual parking spots.
FoBR are going to contact PCS about signage and monitoring.
Best leave things as they are for now, though feel free to pull a branch or two across the closure when you happen to ride by.
I'll be riding the Ridge tonight and will do likewise.

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
I came across a dude at 1730 last night stopped at this spot. I stopped to ask if he needed help in case he had a flat but he was taking photos of this area on his phone. I had headphones so I can't remember exactly what he said, but he was saying something about someone "sabotaging" the track by blocking the short cut.

I didn't really think much of it until I came across this thread. I can't remember what bike he was on but I'd know him if I saw him.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I came across a dude at 1730 last night stopped at this spot. I stopped to ask if he needed help in case he had a flat but he was taking photos of this area on his phone. I had headphones so I can't remember exactly what he said, but he was saying something about someone "sabotaging" the track by blocking the short cut.

I didn't really think much of it until I came across this thread. I can't remember what bike he was on but I'd know him if I saw him.
Was he on an awesome Nicolai?
Was me dude.

microRobbie

Likes Bikes
That is beyond belief. That is a really sweet berm- why wouldn't you want to ride it?

But I don't think I'd want to ask the question to the person though given what they can do that to a star picket!

Its almost like the person who did this doesn't even ride- perhaps a frustrated power walker? Could be a genetically modified descendant of the original cranky dude who used to put logs across every few meters on the old middle track.

Kowalski Brothers

Legends of the Shovel
original cranky dude who used to put logs across every few meters on the old middle track.
I think that dude (or someone before him) laid a log around a blind corner that I slammed into back in the late 1980s. It broke my forks... I think there might have been an article in the Canberra Times on what had happened, after which the log laying stopped (at least for a while)

scblack

Leucocholic
Great hairy balls, batman! What a funny read about this trail saboteur - not a good funny either. I think there's a few roos loose in his top paddock.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Great hairy balls, batman! What a funny read about this trail saboteur - not a good funny either. I think there's a few roos loose in his top paddock.
Yeah, few chips short of a happy meal for sure. The anger that's been transferred in to that star picket is pretty impressive - would have paid to have seen him hanging off those stumps, those bad boys aren't going anywhere.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Damn, sorry I didn't re stack them all yesterday, wasn't sure it'd be allowed. Would have entertained him for half hour at least. At least the berm didn't get touched and hopefully got some rain.