bugatti goes top

Macr

Likes Dirt
i thought it had like 1001hp:confused:

EDIT: the Bugatti that is
It does, but what I asked was how much BHP was needed to go from 150MPH to 253MPH, which was 730BHP more. Ergo, it only used 271BHP to get to 150MPH! Does that make sense?

ryno

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i saw that episode of top gear and almost sh!t my pants......its a good car

RevellBikes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It does, but what I asked was how much BHP was needed to go from 150MPH to 253MPH, which was 730BHP more. Ergo, it only used 271BHP to get to 150MPH! Does that make sense?

yeah i know, i heard what it said, just misunderstod what you said before

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Move Over Bugatti..The Barabus TKR has 1005bhp and does 270Mph :eek:
Who cares? Top Gear, Season 9, ep 4, Clarkson jumps in a 750bhp Brabus'ed Merc, and while it was blitzen' fast, it was completely undriveable. Not even The Stig could make the thing corner.

Doesn't matter how many horses you've got if the car doesn't work. Anyone can put huge power into a car, just look at dragsters FFS.

Macr

Likes Dirt
Yes, that Merc was stupid! But episode 5 where the Stig falls out of the seat on the hottest or should I say the slowest lap was hilarious!

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sewer Cider & scblack, settle down kiddies... I'll have one of each please! :cool:

Along with my:

- dirt bike
- jet helicopter
- leer jet
- 10 000+ hp tractor puller
- top fuel dragster
- malibu wake setter
- V8 ski boat (also a open class jet sprint boat)
- jet ski (stand up type & a big ass 3 seater as well)
- armory of hunting rifle's, shotties & an assortment of hand guns
- turbo'd V8 4WD off-road desert racer

I can keep going if you like...

.... I wish I was that kid in the Richie Rich movie.
The tractor puller would do me just fine. Fwark, what a feeling when you fire those engines up and throttle down in the mud:D :D :D

Sewer Cider

Likes Bikes
Here you go folks, something stupidly quick as tested by Jeremy Clarkson and for all you motorbike riders that think a road registrable motor bike is the quickest thing around, how about this car

ATOM's are awesome - i'd own one in a second!

Hardly a fair comparison - it's a CBR600 ferkristsake!

Nothing will ever compare to the hyperbikes in terms of speed vs handling vs price. You can try, though you'll never find an example.

The latest crop - ZX10, Gixxer 1000, Fireblade, R1, ZX12, Busa...are just phenomenal, mindblowing.

Once you've ridden one of these things (hard), then bought one, you really and truly know the feeling of pure unadulterated speed.

It's definitely the difference between dreaming (Bugatti) and reality (having a 10 sec, 300kmh+, sharp handling bike)

Oracle

Likes Dirt
Here you go folks, something stupidly quick as tested by Jeremy Clarkson and for all you motorbike riders that think a road registrable motor bike is the quickest thing around, how about this car
Awesome. Wonder if those cars (Atom) sell in Australia and what the price tag would be? Just in case I have a mid life crisis in a few years time! :p

Suprez

Likes Dirt
Mentioning that a modified Hayabusa can do 350km/h quicker than the Bugatti and for a fraction of the cost then arguing that motorbikes can corner better is laughable when you start mentioning GXSR-1000s and R1s etc.

The Busa cannot corner anywhere near as well as the 1000cc sportsbikes. The Busa sits lower, has a longer wheelpsan and is really just a road legal drag bike, whereas the 1000cc bikes with slower top speeds excel in cornering.

It's like comparing a Specialized stumpjumper to a Yeti 303 DH on a timed run down Whistler's A line track.

The Bugatti on the other hand is the complete package. High top speed and handling, not to mention all the comforts it has over any bike produced with only the Honda GoldWing with it's training wheels coming close in the comfort stakes :p

The Bugatti is also stock off the showroom floor, whereas your fully sick Hayabusa is not, and when they are they are speed limited to under 300km/h anyway....

Motorbikes are impressive, but bear in mind that most weigh well under 200kg and have a power to weight ratio that most cars could never match.

Sewer Cider

Likes Bikes
The Busa cannot corner anywhere near as well as the 1000cc sportsbikes. The Busa sits lower, has a longer wheelpsan and is really just a road legal drag bike, whereas the 1000cc bikes with slower top speeds excel in cornering.

The Bugatti on the other hand is the complete package. High top speed and handling, not to mention all the comforts it has over any bike produced with only the Honda GoldWing with it's training wheels coming close in the comfort stakes :p

The Bugatti is also stock off the showroom floor, whereas your fully sick Hayabusa is not, and when they are they are speed limited to under 300km/h anyway....

Motorbikes are impressive, but bear in mind that most weigh well under 200kg and have a power to weight ratio that most cars could never match.
Fair point, I really was talking about 2 examples of bikes.

Yep, the Busa (my mate's Busa) is a drag bike and it doesn't corner - it would lose terribly to the Veyron in a road race - no contest. It's also heavily modified and wouldn't last 10 mins in the traffic. But fuck me there is almost NOTHING that will accelerate like this bike!

Personally they're not my kind of bike, I actually like going around corners.
I bought my ZX10 3 years ago when they first came out. Sensational bike! I've done about 25k on it since then, and most of it during the first year.

The ZX10 standard was faster than my modified '01 R1 racebike.

We went round Tassie on it, down the Great Ocean Road, then to Philip Island, then back over the Snowy's. It's also been to central NSW, QLD.

It ran 10.5 at WSID completely standard. The speedo stops at 299kmh and its been past that more times than I care to remember (real final speed at redline in 6th is about 282kmh after speedo adjustment) and probably the best thing I've ever done on it is a 1:44 at the Creek on street tyres.

$18,440 from Parramatta Kawasaki ride away.

Again, my main point is that these bikes are AFFORDABLE. It's the closest thing you will EVER get to these Supercars, save a lotto win.

I love the cars, I dream about the cars...but I OWN the bike, and can grab it out of the garage anyday, everyday and whenever.

0-100 in 3.0 secs.... in first gear...top speed 165kmh in first

Seriously fucking fast!

Here's a pic from the track

Last edited:

Suprez

Likes Dirt
Affordability is obviously a huge factor, but when talking about supercars I kinda tend to forget that I'll never have that sort nor earn that in my lifetime. ;)

Nice ZX10 by the way. I've always loved them in that orange..... :D (we need a drool smiley)

Sewer Cider

Likes Bikes
Affordability is obviously a huge factor, but when talking about supercars I kinda tend to forget that I'll never have that sort nor earn that in my lifetime. ;)

Nice ZX10 by the way. I've always loved them in that orange..... :D (we need a drool smiley)
Kawasaki Orange looks unreal! The Z1000's also look great in that orange.

I had dreams as a kid of owning an F40 Ferrari....so while I'm not dead I still hold out hope!

Dane

Likes Dirt
They must be nervous about not matching the konnigsegg (sp?) if they won't le thte Stig take it round
I agree.
some Nurburgring track times from supercars.net

1st - Porsche Carrera GT. 7:28
2nd - Pagani Zonda F. 7:32
3rd - Koenigsegg CCR. 7:34
4th - Bugatti Veyron. 7:40
5th - Lambo Murcielago LP640. 7:40
6th - Lambo Murcielago (std). 7:43.5
7th - Pagani Zonda C12S (555hp). 7:44