bugatti goes top

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
You turn the steering wheel...

i wish i was as funny as you... cock

I just think your comment about the bike on a track looseing to a bugatti is stupid... i would say a bike would freakin own the car on a corner'y' track... but once again i havnt seen any footage or heard anything about the veryons handleing, in any other way but regards to that it feels like its doin 100k when its really doin 400...

Last edited:

Rik

logged out
Just imagine what'd happen if the guys in charge of aerodynamics had more say in the cars final shape than the concept designers :eek:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
i wish i was as funny as you... cock

I just think your comment about the bike on a track looseing to a bugatti is stupid... i would say a bike would freakin own the car on a corner'y' track... but once again i havnt seen any footage or heard anything about the veryons handleing, in any other way but regards to that it feels like its doin 100k when its really doin 400...
Actually cars tend to outperform bikes on tracks with a lot of corners. Cars are a lot more stable when turning and can thus corner faster. Clarkson was harping on about the same subject a few years back in one of his Top Gear magazine columns, they put a Porsche 911 up against a Honda Blackbird (i think - it was a high performance bike, anyway) around Silverstone and the car was setting the faster lap times.

Apparently the Veyron's handling is supposed to be superb as well. Thats why in order to hit 400km/h the entire profile and aerodynamics of the car have to be changed to reduce the downforce.

toodles

Wheel size expert
As much as I'd like to put my name against the "Bike would win" column, my experience tells me otherwise... Put simply, new cars with electronic traction control will outcorner bikes on 90% of track corners. About the only place I'd rather be on a track bike is a series of alternating corners but apart from that the car would have it.

Acceleration out of corners is still a bike's forte, but again - computer controlled traction systems will leave a rider scrambling for that sweet spot between traction and flippage whilst a driver is aiming at the next apex.

Shorty40

Likes Dirt
As to the handling.............

MOTOR did a review of the Bugatti with a Ferrari Enzo, a Porsche GT, a Pagani Zonda (and I think one other car). Not only did the Bugatti annihilate the others in standing starts, rolling starts and top speed, it absolutely slaughtered them in the bends aswell :eek: :cool:

Very impressive for a car to be so totally dominant in all fields :cool:

chie

Likes Dirt
They must be nervous about not matching the konnigsegg (sp?) if they won't le thte Stig take it round

Ivan

Eats Squid
2nd hand 'Busa with turbo and extended swingarm.

8.6 down the quarter, 350km/h on the freeway

If you ever head to the drag strip at the creek, there's quite a few of them.
Buying a secondhand highly modified streetbike isn't really comparable to buying a car off the showroom floor.

as far as I'm aware the fastest motorbike that you can buy new is the Hayabusa, and that will only do a shade over 300kph.

Ivan

Eats Squid
As much as I'd like to put my name against the "Bike would win" column, my experience tells me otherwise... Put simply, new cars with electronic traction control will outcorner bikes on 90% of track corners. About the only place I'd rather be on a track bike is a series of alternating corners but apart from that the car would have it.

Acceleration out of corners is still a bike's forte, but again - computer controlled traction systems will leave a rider scrambling for that sweet spot between traction and flippage whilst a driver is aiming at the next apex.
Lats year Speedweek and Motor Magazine organized two races of bike vs porsche, one at queensland raceway and one at oron park ( I think). The R1 won both races, with queensland raceway being the closest.

After watching the 5th gear review of bike vs car, it would appear that any track that has a few long straights the bike will win, whilst a track with long flowy corners will suit the car.

Just watched the Bugatti clip. WOW. the star wars music was perfect.

Last edited:

Jimmy401

Likes Dirt
Buying a secondhand highly modified streetbike isn't really comparable to buying a car off the showroom floor.

as far as I'm aware the fastest motorbike that you can buy new is the Hayabusa, and that will only do a shade over 300kph.
Yer the Hayabusa is the fastest production bike and and only does a max 332km/h a shitload under the bugatti.

Macr

Likes Dirt
The modded bike can do 350 and out accelerate the Bugatti only to see it drive by not too much further down the track. This car is a work of art! The only thing the modded bike has is power to weight. The Bugatti even has creature comforts.

Macr

Likes Dirt
Yer the Hayabusa is the fastest production bike and and only does a max 332km/h a shitload under the bugatti.
Oh and on that note how much more power did it need to go from 150mph to 253mph? 730bhp wasn't it. So how much more would you need to get the Hayabusa up to 407km/h, I wonder?

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its a pitty they could never enter a full production model... aparently they cost veedub 5 mil to make each, but sell for 2 mil...

RevellBikes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that is farkin crazy!

i love at the start how you just see hear it then see a huge line of mist comes out of no where and that is all you see:cool:

i think there is some funny bits in that vid too

kyleman

Likes Dirt
I acctually would like to point out that top gear did a race between a porsche carrerra 4 and an R1, Porsche won.. and it was 4x4..
Thrukston(sp?) racetrack in hampshire.

Macr

Likes Dirt
They were working in ₤'s, not two different currencies. I think it sold for ₤850,000 each and to produce was ₤5,000,000. Which converts to $2,115,037.03 AUD each and to produce was $12,436,878.71 AUD

Last edited:

RevellBikes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh and on that note how much more power did it need to go from 150mph to 253mph? 730bhp wasn't it. So how much more would you need to get the Hayabusa up to 407km/h, I wonder?
i thought it had like 1001hp:confused:

EDIT: the Bugatti that is