Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Hey all

I’m after a new 12 speed Deore M6100 groupset, anywhere other than AliExpress I can have a look? Bike Components is out of stock

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
How long is Bike24 (etc) taking nowadays? Shit’s been sitting in Frankfurt for 8 days now.
Funny I was going to post this yesterday, having a whinge.

BIKE24, ordered 25th Jan, just arrived in Aus on 21st Feb, so basically 4 weeks.
A small consolation is that it cleared customs this morning and is on the way to me.

This is a HiBike order, ordered 8th Feb, still on the tarmac as to be expected at only 12 days.

Last month I got one quite quickly, cant remember the exact timeframe, its only a few pages back but it got here quickly then sat in Sydney, processing for over a week :mad:

ozzybmx

My Bike-Components order has arrived in Australia, that's only 12 days since 9th Dec where the first tracking said 'Frankfurt awaiting departure'

Makes a big difference from the solid month before x-mas.
That’s pretty good, you should see it in another 12 days
Looking like you were on the money, arrived 19th, still awaiting customs clearance in Sydney and its 27th.
Doesn't seem to be rules or consistency to the timeframe, it can take a bit of time to get here and ages to clear customs, or vice-versa.

It would be nice to jag a fast transit and clearance :rolleyes:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The only thing I've had turn up really fast recently was a package from CRC. It was to my door in two days. It got here so fast in fact I didn't really want it that fast (peak UK-strain COVID strain infections time). Unpacked it, checked everything was in there, dumped the bits in the garage to decontaminate, then washed my hands and used the hand sanitiser after handling that one! Haha.

ozzybmx

The only thing I've had turn up really fast recently was a package from CRC. It was to my door in two days. It got here so fast in fact I didn't really want it that fast (peak UK-strain COVID strain infections time). Unpacked it, checked everything was in there, dumped the bits in the garage to decontaminate, then washed my hands and used the hand sanitiser after handling that one! Haha.
72 hours on some surfaces.

Rubber gloves at the door, open carefully in the garage, spray contents and box with Glen 20 then leave to simmer for 2 days.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
@Haakon would be able to answer that for you
First bad experience I’ve had... And it’s still the only place I could actually buy it!

The seller is right - it’s as described. If I’d been on the ball I’d have noticed the photo and description didn’t include the little spacers I needed...

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Might not be the answer you want to hear - but both my previous order (both small items) from Bike-Components sat at Frankfurt airport for about 30 days each. The first order was placed last October, and the latest was mid-January this year.
LOL. Lucky mine’s not time sensitive.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Want a shifter without a window, not much available on there without one if I want to buy a full groupset
For the cost I reckon I’ll suck it up for a bit
No guarantee (especially with AliExpress), but Shimano shifters with the gear indicator normally come with a blanking plate to remove it if desired. XT M8000 and SLX M7000 did anyway IIRC...

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
No guarantee (especially with AliExpress), but Shimano shifters with the gear indicator normally come with a blanking plate to remove it if desired. XT M8000 and SLX M7000 did anyway IIRC...
Hmm didn’t know that. Might be an easy part to get and just go with what I’m looking at
Will probably replace the shifter with an I-Spec one at some point anyway if not