Can America be fixed?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's because you were towing a crate of water bottles and they knew great things were about to happen if they let you be.
I have been tempted to buy a few full slabs and see just how many my mighty blade will fell in a single swipe. I was even riding through one of the parts of town where they should have pulled me over.

Reactions: Zaf

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
That's a little like saying "we only took half of your cake, you should be happy you still have the other half you still have!".

We had to hand in heirloom firearms that are likely crushed down and destroyed now because we were made criminals overnight due to a change in policy. All the good it did, amnesty's have no effect on firearm crime because the people who participate in them are a low risk category in any case.
Yes, I too wish I could buy guns from Kmart without background checks or registration.

Imagine how nice society would be if everyone had a gun on them all the time, and no traceability.
Only getting 5 shots out of a mag, and having to manually pull the bolt back is the worst!

We handed in guns. I don't miss them, and I still enjoyed hunting and target shooting with the rifles we have. All the people in my family were shooters (most stopped now because meh, too much hassle for what you get outta it. And too many rednecks in the scene. You meet some weird people at ranges) and weren't too upset about handing back guns. But we view guns as a means to an end. Our end was shooting game for the pot. Blowing fuck outta a deer with a hand cannon isn't a respectful way to go about doing that.

I really like motocross bikes. Can't ride em legally in the forests though, so I had to buy a registered bike that comes restricted out the box, and get a licence. The bikes not as powerful, is heavier, and not as noisy. Still enjoyable.

I was even riding through one of the parts of town where they should have pulled me over.
They probably didn't pull you over because they viewed the likelihood of getting slapped up the side of the head with a machete too high for area. Some pretty shit parts of newy, I don't blame them.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Don't pretend like you haven't tested your #coldsteel against them already.
Oh it's tested...went through my old garage wall like butter. But a full 24 bottles United against me in a Roman battle formation? I'm not sure I can do it with the khukuri. Luckily I have the #coldsteel 2 handed Thai machete as well. It doesn't pack the same punch as the khukuri but for light brush like lantana it is wonderful.

Somepretty shit parts of newy, I don't blame them.
Oh come on! The beach front water treatment ponds are separated from one of our most popular beaches and ocean baths by a headland. It may as well be in New Zealand.

Reactions: Zaf

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I used to come up to newy every now and again to run amok on the bikes, staying at a mates in winnybluedaaaaaal. The amount of shit that poor dude had stolen off him is unbelievable.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Apparently fixing (or changing) America is a bit easier than referendum style democracy, an article 5 convention can rewrite the constitution. It also happens the chance of them having one draws ever closer...

Mica

Likes Dirt
It seems like they’re trying to fix it with a lot of outlets banning Alex Jones and infowars, though sadly will just most likely add fuel to the fire and he’ll just use it as proof of the conspiracies and the believers will follow.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A black list will just look like suppression of the truth by the reptilian overlords. One day they will find and eat him.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Constitutional Convention is something I haven't heard of previously. That's no small deal.

Whilst Alex Jones is a poisonous buffoon, pushing folk like that out of the mainstream and trying to silence them risks forcing them and their followers into a space where they are removed from rational discussion and the opportunity to moderate their effects. Also, taking away people's ability to discuss things can force them into action instead.

In saying that, he still has his own website and all that shit and iTunes/FB/Twitter/etc. are private businesses that can decide their own policies that all users must follow. Just have to be sure not to put an absolute cork on movements like that as no one will notice the pressure building up before it explodes.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Constitutional Convention is something I haven't heard of previously. That's no small deal.
A constitutional convention is actually not that unrealistic. The Republicans are historically dominant at the state level and are not far from being able to make this happen.
Fascinating article here for others who haven't heard of this constitutional mechanism: https://www.economist.com/briefing/...-new-constitutional-convention-in-a-few-years

Whilst Alex Jones is a poisonous buffoon, pushing folk like that out of the mainstream and trying to silence them risks forcing them and their followers into a space where they are removed from rational discussion and the opportunity to moderate their effects. Also, taking away people's ability to discuss things can force them into action instead.

In saying that, he still has his own website and all that shit and iTunes/FB/Twitter/etc. are private businesses that can decide their own policies that all users must follow. Just have to be sure not to put an absolute cork on movements like that as no one will notice the pressure building up before it explodes.
Pushing them out of the mainstream is actually exactly what you want to do with the likes of Alex Jones. It's not impossible to keep an eye on the likes of him without affording him a much larger reach than he can get with a popular website and radio show. Personally, I am rather enjoying watching him get pushed back to the margins - I loathe the misinformation media business model that has taken root in recent years in the USA.