Car Chat....

Frandy

Likes Dirt
yeah i guess, but i aint goin to be doin standstills all the time, if ever, just for lyk from traffic lights and maybe round corners, now i sound lyk one of those ppl hoo is gonna wrap 'emselves around a tree. I dont wanna kill myself, just hav a little fun :) But how much do re-treads cost?? I heard it was lyk $30-$40 a tyre?

CHeers

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
s

you realise how easily retreads will die from burnouts? the retread bit of it just falls off!
HAHA yeah exactly. I'm hoping your a good touch up painter:D .
Because i'm begining to think there will be some nice belt marks up your rear guards.

naz

Criminally Inane
Weapon X -Still HSV (still dre cover)

fucken yee you should av seen the cunt
you should have seen how far he was going sideways for
look no shit, you wouldnt believe it like im not bullshittin
ye i know im from the norther suburbs
but im not bullshitin, what a crazy cunt.

so a Vl with 2 subbies, stereotype
with a huge intercooler doing it right
you might be confused, whats the attraction
some dudes just like to lose traction
that cruise action saturday night
you can do it at the lights or get in a fight

runnin flat 11's in a street car outrunnin 2 dudes in a police car
sideways and if your shit dont roll you better hope you dont hit no pole
but my man flipped his car a few years back
and now he can get those few years back
coz it aint always a case of heres a bandage
in his case its like brain damage
so if your manage to get home fine
you'd get a fine coz the speed signs went from 100 to 80
now they got the whole state driving like old ladies

theres more but you get the point......

if you think your car will be sick come to sydney city sat night, every dumb cunt cruises thinkin there the shit, its so sad.

Frandy

Likes Dirt
all i want sumthin that looks half sweet, lyk, low profile tyres, low susp. and always clean. And all i want is sumthin that i can hav a littl fun in, but enough to sound nice too :)

CHeers

P.S. Nice song :)

wombat

Lives in a hole
sorry wombat :( Is it my spellin or u just hate people saying like?
It's the text shorthand in general, "lyk" just jumped out as the most obvious butchering; we have a full keyboard on a PC, may as well use it.

Anyway, if you could try and use proper spelling etc. that'd be tops. Cheers.

DiMmY

Likes Dirt
Yes, go buy re-treads and then crash when you try go around a corner.

Pulling a burnout during a corner is also stupid, takes skill to drift you know?
All you'll end up doing is probably spinning out or just fishtailing like a retard.

Ripping burnouts isn't fun, it's all just for show.

Going around a twisty road fast is fun.

Frandy

Likes Dirt
sorry again wombat, it's just that i'm so used to talking on MSN so i'm so used to abrieviating (sp?) words :)

Oh and about those re-treads, they can't be THAT bad can they? I know that they aren't going to be top quality, but they would be better than wasting money over and over again, and both of them are just as fun, the G-Force going against you when you drift around a corner, not saying I have the skill....and accellerating from traffic lights to 100km/h is also fun :)

CHeers

Last edited:

schmook

Likes Dirt
my car specs
92 Hyundai excel 3 door, 4 speed manual
190 000km
broken fuel gage, refuel when tripmeter hits 550
radio and cassette!
rear hatch door that likes to give you mild concussion
worth much less than the bikes but a fraction more than the ipod.
vroom vroom!
never had a breakdown! but those cv joints are getting squeeky.

I am the only one who has actually posted their car details?

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Frandy for god sakes do a defensive driving course and try and drift a car! 4 people from our school have totalled their cars (luckily none were killed) "trying" to drift in the last 2 months and don't say "I'm not gonna to anything to crazy just a bit of a slide on the corners." Because that's all it takes to lose it completely. I'm not saying don't drift because I do it every once in a while and it's great fun. Just get some experience (I don't have nearly enough) before you try it, because it sounds like you will be getting an expensive first car and even hitting a wooden reflector drifting and a low speed will F&6K you car up!

End Rant

Robb

Likes Dirt
I think this kid has watched one to many Fast and the Furious Movies, and played a little bit too much Need For Speed Underground.

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
lol, true true, but not as much pullin mine, but more lyk satisfyin my gf ;) lol...But mum might be going halfs wit me nxt year for a 1st car, Series II are hard to find in a certain spot, but if u search CarSales.com u can find a couple of nice ones all over Aus :) Just a bit of a travel and maybe frieght cost, but not too hard :) But yeah they are real rare

Cheers
ive actually thought this thru, and its not a cheap exercise. depending on the state, you could be almost up for $1.5k in change over charges.

1) if you buy an out of state car, it becomes unregistered. in order to drive it back to your state, you need to fork out $50 for the limited rego papers.

2) once you get it home (possibly $300 worth of fuel if its qld to melb say) you will need to fork out $400 to have it over a pit to get a proper road worthy cert, and possibly more if it needs repairs to get a RWC. (could be thousands)

3) $540 in registration for a vehicle that size

4) hotel accomodation for the over night stay, cos you cant drive more than 8 hours without a decent rest (you could but chances of dying from fatigue increase)

5) if youre a loser and live in tassie (like me) then its a $200 boat ticket as well.

6) if you buy it from a yard, or get a loan then add $1500 for insurance, cos you wont get a car without it.

also, if you want a v8 so you can do phat burnouts, then thanks alot for ruining V8s for the sensible P platers. with an attitude like that, the car you just spent money getting to your place is now being taken away by the police for hooning.

oh yeh, i drive a VY acclaim, its a V6, eats fuel and it also costs me $547 for rego (per year) and $1300 in insurance (per year). im 21 and ive done both advanced and defensive driving courses (highly recommend, dont do it for cheap insurance, do it for the skills), and will be going for a CAMS licence soon.

if you cant drive an 8, get a 6 with LSD, you will still be able to "burn rubber" :rolleyes:

W2ttsy

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds like we have a bogan in the making right here. Are you gonna also put in a sick system that goes so loud the whole world can listen? Normally I would call you a straight out douche but since your only 15 I won't. By the time you turn 18 you'll get over the desire for a fully sick commonbore v8 turbo supercharge hectic machine. Why don't you spend all that money of turboing your car on something nicer, like an type r? Get something hot, not just a big fat commodore that in a 2 years time will be worth less than a meal at maccas.

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
Frandy for god sakes do a defensive driving course and try and drift a car! 4 people from our school have totalled their cars (luckily none were killed) "trying" to drift in the last 2 months and don't say "I'm not gonna to anything to crazy just a bit of a slide on the corners." Because that's all it takes to lose it completely. I'm not saying don't drift because I do it every once in a while and it's great fun. Just get some experience (I don't have nearly enough) before you try it, because it sounds like you will be getting an expensive first car and even hitting a wooden reflector drifting and a low speed will F&6K you car up!

End Rant
you wont learn that at a defensive driver course. for starters you wont get the car above 50km/h and none of the execises involve drifting, or getting the back wheels to kick out.
they will teach you how to brake hard, do a slalom (to gauge body roll) and a hairpin turn. at 50km/h most of these are impossible to do with out hitting the cones, and at 40km/h i just managed to make it without losing it or hitting the cones (i have a commie too).

even in advanced courses, you wont be doing drifties. They get you into nasty situations (in a skid pan) to teach you how to react. spin outs, getting out of a slide, out of a skid, out of wheel lock. its definately more challenging and when they add oil or water, its a whole new ball game.

if you want to play silly games like that, do it on closed roads, or at a skid pan. unlike a bike if you come unstuck in a car, you will probably end up dead (and if not you will wish you were (debt, kill someone else, damage property))

Why don't you spend all that money of turboing your car on something nicer, like an type r? Get something hot, not just a big fat commodore that in a 2 years time will be worth less than a meal at maccas.
im personally an aussie built fan, so that was my reasoning for a commodore, but thats just me.

as for depreciation, mitsubishi have the worst depreciation value. my girl friends lancer was $23,990 new (2005), she bought it a year after it was released for $12,500 (2006). not the best resale value ever.
my car was $33,990 brand new (2004) and i picked it up for $21k (2006), and its worth at the start of this year was closer to $24k. i got mine cheaper than retail as i knew the dealer, but still, its better resale value than the mistubishi.

W2ttsy

Last edited: