Ccomtb sun 15th march

T-Rex

Template denier
G,day everyone.

1. will rego be open throughout Saturday? If i do come down i will arrive at 10.00am on Saturday.

2. Need a hand building? If so i will bring a shovel.

3. are the shuttles only on Sunday?

4. i have sent my membership form off to my chosen club to sign and hand over to MTBA, do i still have to get a day license although my membership is processing?

cheers, and hope to see you there.
Answers:

1. Rego is normally on race day which is Sunday. Club races are generally only one day events
2. I'm sure that will be appreciated
3. Shuttles are usually only on the Sunday.
4. Good question, did you keep a copy or get a reciept? If so bring it on Sunday. This is usually enough to prove you are a MTBA member.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Its not hard I wasn't even pedaling and I am the shittest jumper in the world. You all need to harden up :) I will bring some concrete with me! ha ha!
No way Wayne, thats my and kims shared title - we worked hard for it. The boys will verify our complete lack of jumping ability. Thus if i can make all the new jumps then anyone can

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
There will be some free IXS goodies available at the race, courtesy of SCV imports.

If your interested come say g'day,
I will be wearing an IXS Helmet/goggles, black race shorts and an erina bikeworx jersey.
Heaps to give away.

Andrew.

Last edited:

jumpers

Likes Dirt
There will be some free IXS goodies available at the race, courtesy of SCV imports.

I will be wearing an IXS Helmet/goggles, black race shorts and an erina bikeworx jersey.
Heaps to give away.

Andrew.
Autographed photos of Wayne???

bighitben

Likes Dirt
I knew they would be building a new line and by that question i was hoping someone would tell what theyve done to it.
From what i know nothing has been done to that section. Making a line around that bit is what is planned to do on saturday.

Ryan H

Likes Dirt

Heaps to give away.

Andrew.
Ill look out for you, and what are they giving out?

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lift to Orimba

Ill be leaving from Bondi early in tomorrow morning if there is anyone how needs a lift along the way . Just send me a pm

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
whatever promo gear I can lay my hands on.
Should be a good day.
I've been told all riders need to check the track before they ride it, as there are some BIIIIG changes.

Andrew.

SLEDGER

Likes Dirt
Enough of the talk turn up tomorrow & race it, the only way you are going to learn about the changes is to practice on it, see you all on race day.

Harden up boys the 2nd last jump of the track is massive & so sweet :D

SLEDGER

Likes Dirt
What happens if its rained out?
Mate like any sporting event it will be postponed we don't control the weather just Pray that it's not pissing down.

In saying that the track misses a lot of the rain & it would need to be a really shitty morning to cancel the race.

chimpy

Likes Dirt
I meant is their any notice of the cancellation but anyway, for us people who are coming from a while away only to arive and find its been cancelled

SLEDGER

Likes Dirt
I meant is their any notice of the cancellation but anyway, for us people who are coming from a while away only to arive and find its been cancelled
I will PM you my mobile number however the discussion will not be known till we get to the track & check it out at around 8am sorry chimpy that is best I can offer you.

:(

jumpers

Likes Dirt
New lines were built today
1) the steep left corner at end wheel barrow ridge is gone - there is new line which starts about 100 ft before the old line (new line is actually an old line rejuvenated) - its is off camber, usual ourimbah rocks and close trees but is rideable by everyone
2) Jumps at finish been redone - the first jump has been made much bigger take off - STOP AND CHECK BEFORE LAUNCHING - its is a long way to hit the down ramp - it can be flat landed but may be harsh - it is a A LINE jump, there is a a smaller b line jump that can be rolled to the right of it. The last jump has been made into a sizeable table top, so everyone should be able to get wheels off the ground. Once again this jump is quite larger than the previous shitty little log jump that was there. There will be some spectacular jumping by the elites so definitely worth checking after doing your run.(Jarrad nearly took out a bird as he soared through the leaves of a tree whilst testing the jump). Also the dips further up from the jumps have been resculptured - nice berm to maintain speed leading into jumps
3) The new 2 jumps before turtle rock - the corner after the second jump between the trees has been removed and made strighter line into turtle rock (just before the rock garden).

The track is much more flowier now, with more features and b lines.

All the changes are all due to the hard work of Wayno and the Great Sledger - if you enjoy teh changes give them a thanx;)

Last edited:

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
Thanks to Brock, Damo, Jarod and the Bobcat driver (sorry I forgot your name) for setting up all the new jumps they look awesome and I am disappointed I am not riding tomorrow but I want to see everyone bust out big while I am doing the timing. Heaps of scrubs over the final table top.

lockieoc

Likes Dirt
Thanks to Brock, Damo, Jarod and the Bobcat driver (sorry I forgot your name) for setting up all the new jumps they look awesome and I am disappointed I am not riding tomorrow but I want to see everyone bust out big while I am doing the timing. Heaps of scrubs over the final table top.
ohh well wayno break out the knitting needles :D