Chain reaction cycles

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I put in a CRC order last night. Got the email about it. Today I find that my order was cancelled and my money refunded. All items ordered are currently shown as in stock.

Anyone else had this issue?

Just sent them an email in the hope I get a response.

- figured out it might be because my of my cc and paypal
Yep, and I contacted them via online chat and was told the order number wasn't in their system. I reordered and received the goods a few days later. A few weeks after that the original order arrived. 10 emails later trying to get the items picked up (I felt guilty as I was given a refund) and CRC making me jump through hoops to arrange it I gave up and kept the goods!

Ideate

... I gave up and kept the goods!
So you got double goods for free? Nice!

I once got a Spank Spoon rim as a freebie by accident. I ordered one and two came together (cable tied) so their machine must have though it was one.

I didn't bother saying anything because I figured they owe me something for my illustrious purchase history.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Well well well... got a bit of a rumour from the fatherland (I'm from Northern Ireland), was talking to my brother last night and he made a comment on CRC moving. I asked him what he meant and he explained....

After the Wiggle acquisition of CRC, they are currently streamlining operations, closing down all the Doagh/Ballyclare/Belfast warehouses and relocating all stock to England where the Wiggle warehouses are. So job losses for all employed in NI unless maybe they are moving to mainland to take a new position...

So that would explain delays and random stuff being sent from various locations.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So you got double goods for free? Nice!

I once got a Spank Spoon rim as a freebie by accident. I ordered one and two came together (cable tied) so their machine must have though it was one.

I didn't bother saying anything because I figured they owe me something for my illustrious purchase history.
I paid for the 2nd order, so I got 2 for the price of one! Dunno what I'm going to do with a 2nd set of Chromag Fubars OSX 35 bars... they are very nice just to look at! :)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Still able to use CWL987RT as a guest, then attach to account.

Only $10 but better than a kick in the nuts !

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Put in my order a week ago. Got the tracking link but there is no activity on it.
DHL??

I had this problem, among other things, with Wiggle recently. Turned out the item wasn’t in stock and hadn’t been sent, but they sent the postage info to DHL so they could give me a tracking number.

sutts

Likes Bikes
Seems like they might be getting their shit together with the warehouse move

I had a 5 piece order, all arrive inside of a week in a single shipment / box

Australia post with the final mile, not DHL this time

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
DHL??

I had this problem, among other things, with Wiggle recently. Turned out the item wasn’t in stock and hadn’t been sent, but they sent the postage info to DHL so they could give me a tracking number.
Apparently it arrived in sunshine west this morning. That's the first entry on the tracking, so there must be something up there (normally I can track it the whole way).

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I've got a crc order that's been over 2 weeks now but is tracking along fine.

Is there still a crc 'workaround' for the sram geoblock ? PM if appropriate.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Sram stuff is crazy cheap coming out of Asia on eBay and don't seem to give a fk about the geocache..and yes cheaper than AU trade which crc has lost its massive potency.
Beats my usual online places. Universal, bike24, pro closet, rbp etc. Only stuff I'll buy in AU is raceface and maxxis, kudos to group on their pricing.

Last edited:

Rossm

Likes Bikes
Sram stuff is crazy cheap coming out of Asia on eBay
Any particular eBay seller you use? Looked for an Eagle XX1 cassette & best fleabay price I could see (Taiwan & Singapore sellers) was only about 10% cheaper than Mountain Bikes Direct - so really just the GST.